Custom Headliner? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Custom Headliner?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 09-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #46
CRider74
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Liverpool, PA
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
You could always apply to have it redesignated by the DMV as a modified vehicle. Pretty sure it makes your insurance go up though.

Technically you could make the argument that they're just as removable as Wrangler doors since you can simply unbolt them which isn't a modification.
I may look into the modified vehicle route. I don't drive it a ton, between 5-8k miles a year or so, so maybe there's something I can do. I don't think that argument would fly in court around here for some reason LOL

__________________
Smokin' & Jeepin' (Finally!!!)
CRider74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #47
Motorcharge
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 11,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRider74 View Post
I may look into the modified vehicle route. I don't drive it a ton, between 5-8k miles a year or so, so maybe there's something I can do. I don't think that argument would fly in court around here for some reason LOL
You never know. You're not modifying the door by unbolting it.

Actually, I'm reading through the PA laws on it now and it seems that the only laws that reference doors say that you have to have OEM doors in place during the inspection, nothing about having them off on the road. Convertibles are the same way, at least here you have to have them up to pass during the inspection but there's no law against having the top down on the road.
__________________
|Project Mot÷rcharge | XJ Non-Tech FAQ | Ammo Can Lock Box | Motorcycle Build|

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #48
CRider74
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Liverpool, PA
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
You never know. You're not modifying the door by unbolting it.

Actually, I'm reading through the PA laws on it now and it seems that the only laws that reference doors say that you have to have OEM doors in place during the inspection, nothing about having them off on the road. Convertibles are the same way, at least here you have to have them up to pass during the inspection but there's no law against having the top down on the road.
Yeah, I just re-read one of your posts from last month in the Doorless thread with the PA Code in it. It DOES state for inspection...but my understanding (which could of course be wrong) was that I could be cited for anything that doesn't meet those inspection requirements at any time while it's on the road.
__________________
Smokin' & Jeepin' (Finally!!!)
CRider74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #49
Whizzerbike
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRider74 View Post
Yeah, I just re-read one of your posts from last month in the Doorless thread with the PA Code in it. It DOES state for inspection...but my understanding (which could of course be wrong) was that I could be cited for anything that doesn't meet those inspection requirements at any time while it's on the road.
So glad Indy doesnt have inspections on our vehicals.
Mine would fail with out a catylic converter
Whizzerbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #50
CRider74
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Liverpool, PA
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzerbike View Post
So glad Indy doesnt have inspections on our vehicals.
Mine would fail with out a catylic converter
Yeah...it pretty much sucks.
__________________
Smokin' & Jeepin' (Finally!!!)
CRider74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #51
RobbSnead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 74
Someone wanna do my headliner???lol
RobbSnead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #52
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Suffolk, Virginia
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbSnead
Someone wanna do my headliner???lol
Psssh, hell yeah it's too easy

Sent from somewhere you can't go
MattBillyTayloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #53
RobbSnead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 74
Haha I wish you could do mine. I want a sound bar up front like the back has.lol
RobbSnead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #54
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Suffolk, Virginia
Posts: 2,771
Haha, yeah, that does look good.
MattBillyTayloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #55
RobbSnead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 74
How do it? Do yo¨ know?
RobbSnead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #56
Whizzerbike
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbSnead View Post
How do it? Do yo¨ know?
Im sure you can pull another sound bar from a cherokee at a local JunkYard.
Then just a little wiring up along with some bolts to hold her in place.

Not much of an electrical guy but when I over looked the wiring diagram.. even I understood it.
Whizzerbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #57
RobbSnead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 74
Wish you was close to come do it.haha
RobbSnead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #58
Whizzerbike
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbSnead View Post
Wish you was close to come do it.haha
Hahaha pay for the gas and ill be on my way!

Im sure its a pretty easy job. Honestly, you can just daisy chain the second sound bar to the one in the back and you would be good to go!
Whizzerbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #59
RobbSnead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 74
Where yo¨ from? Also what do you mean?
RobbSnead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 05:03 AM   #60
Tyreman
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Denton, Texas
Posts: 41
I wouldn't daisy chain the speakers.. It is too easy just to take the speakers from the front doors and run them up to a relocated sound bar.
Tyreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camo , custom , headliner , military
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.