crockett's 92 xj build - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > crockett's 92 xj build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #136
crockett07
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT
Plan is to do stiffeners, 2x6 rockers, trans cooler and ideally rework the suspension setup up front. That will either come in the form of staying short arm and running MetalCloak Duroflex adj CA's, or build a midarm 3 link setup. Basically just try to overbuild it on 32s so that when I go to 35s Ill have a lot of potential weakness nipped in the bud.

Id like to have this all done and on 35s by next years wheeling season. Im also gonna be working on building a nice garage over here in spring, so that will play a big factor in funding all this. :/

I got a bit more motivation now after seeing them on your rig, love it man.
Thanks again, hopefully by around christmas time, this heep will come of dd duty and I can build it more suitable to my needs. Ill be keeping an eye on your build

crockett07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #137
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett07 View Post
Thanks again, hopefully by around christmas time, this heep will come of dd duty and I can build it more suitable to my needs. Ill be keeping an eye on your build
Ill do the same. Your XJ has really come a long way!
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #138
crockett07
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Well, I trimmed my front fenders today, and I trimmed and recapped my sliders. I tried to stuff my tires up high enough to measure for bump stops but I couldn't get it high enough. I think my terrible shackle angle is why. I guess I need to do something about that. I haven't made up my mind on relocation brackets or slider boxes yet
Unread 10-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #139
crockett07
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I was thinking about ordering my slider boxes this weekend, but I may go pick up another jeep instead. Still negotiating a price so we'll see how it goes
Unread 10-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #140
crockett07
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Okay, quick update. I decided against the slider boxes at the last minute and went with H.D. Off-road no lift shackle relocations. I also went ahead and ordered new shackles, hockey pucks, bump stops and spring plates I ordered everything on Tuesday, got the brackets Friday, my hockey pucks came in today, and my shackles/bump stops were suppose to come in today but apparently they're sitting at the post office? Does anybody know why FedEx and ups has delivered the packages at the post office and let them finish the job? Still waiting on word about the spring plates
Unread 10-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #141
MOBBiN

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Take lots of pictures of how the no-lift shackle relocators please. I'm thinking about ditching my RC relocaters for the no lift relocators ones
Unread 10-23-2013, 03:21 AM   #142
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett07
Okay, quick update. I decided against the slider boxes at the last minute and went with H.D. Off-road no lift shackle relocations. I also went ahead and ordered new shackles, hockey pucks, bump stops and spring plates I ordered everything on Tuesday, got the brackets Friday, my hockey pucks came in today, and my shackles/bump stops were suppose to come in today but apparently they're sitting at the post office? Does anybody know why FedEx and ups has delivered the packages at the post office and let them finish the job? Still waiting on word about the spring plates
I'm torn between those particular relocation brackets and the Liquid Iron Industries bolt-on sliders, what pushed you to one side of the fence?

Sometimes the post office finishes a packages delivery because they are already headed to your area while FedEx or UPS might not be. I think they call it "the last mile."
Agility is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 04:05 AM   #143
crockett07
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I had my heart set on the sliders for about 2 months, then lbjeepin bent his coming down on a rock. While the damage did not steer me away 100%, the fact that liquid iron industries more or less wouldn't back their product did. The no lift brackets are tunable as well. With my rig being on its way out the door as a DD, I'm trying to keep the future in mind. In the end, the sliders were too expensive for me to possibly toss aside in a year
Unread 10-23-2013, 04:09 AM   #144
crockett07
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBBiN
Take lots of pictures of how the no-lift shackle relocators please. I'm thinking about ditching my RC relocaters for the no lift relocators ones
If I get rained out today at work, and the post office finishes the "last mile" I'll install them today and get as many iPhone pics as you can handle haha
Unread 10-23-2013, 04:15 AM   #145
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett07
I had my heart set on the sliders for about 2 months, then lbjeepin bent his coming down on a rock. While the damage did not steer me away 100%, the fact that liquid iron industries more or less wouldn't back their product did. The no lift brackets are tunable as well. With my rig being on its way out the door as a DD, I'm trying to keep the future in mind. In the end, the sliders were too expensive for me to possibly toss aside in a year
I saw that bent slider here recently. My XJ is a DD so that didn't concern me much. LII's response, however, was definitely a turn off. I haven't found any other slider options that don't require some fab, though. I'm waitin' on those pics as well.
Agility is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 04:22 AM   #146
crockett07
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah we'll see how it goes. In the end, my decision was made for the future of my jeep and I didn't see the sliders in there
Unread 10-23-2013, 06:05 AM   #147
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Curious to see someone run the no lift relo's, thats been my plan all along, theres a lot of tuning available from those things, and they are just plain beefy. With my cut n fold my shackles look like they hang low enough as is, couldnt imagine lowering them down even more with traditional relocation brackets.
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 06:24 AM   #148
crockett07
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I'm super curious as well! I haven't seen much on these brackets but they're even newer than Lii slider boxes. They are super beefy too! I hung everything up for paint a couple days ago, went inside for primer, and when I came back out my hanger had broke and everything was on the ground lol
Unread 10-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #149
crockett07
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Just for comparison, here is my current shackle angle at ride height

I also finally folded my rear quarters
Unread 10-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #150
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett07 View Post
Just for comparison, here is my current shackle angle at ride height

I also finally folded my rear quarters
Boy that can't ride good! lol

OffroadSC
Rockdrummer93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.