Critique my future 99XJ build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Critique my future 99XJ build

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 05-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Finally found a low mileage 99 XJ. Gonna be selling my TJ soon. I got a build in my mind and looking for opinions/suggestions. JCR front/rear bumpers. Non winch and tire carrier models. I want to retain the stock flares, I like the look. Also gonna be running a good size roof rack.
I'm trying to think how much it will weigh it down versus stock. My planned tire size is 285/75/16 with black tj moabs and 1.5" spacers. Other option is 32/11.50/15 with 3.75 bs black aluminum wheels. Planned lift is OME 3" HD or BDS 3" kit or 3.5RE. Sticking with stock gears and axles until stage 3 of the build. Purpose is DD/Grocery Getter/fireroads wheeling/ dirt/mud trails. Nothing hardcore.

MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My only thoughts on your ideas which are spot on is the roof rack as its a huge gas mileage sucker. As a DD that must be taken into the process. If its to expensive to drive thats no good.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Finally found a low mileage 99 XJ. Gonna be selling my TJ soon.
Shame on you MountainMan864.Remember me?
2000' WJ Limited 4.7L-V8/D44/Quadra-Drive
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well I dont wheel ever nowadays and Im tired of driving this thing. I also have a son now and its a pain in the ***.
Unread 05-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #5
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Bump
Unread 05-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

What are you looking to spend? I'd probably go with the RE 3.5" kit with the full leaf springs because it includes lower control arms. Get yourself a decent double shear track bar (IRO for a cheap one) to center the axle. That should get you enough lift to clear the 32's with flares and the heavy bumpers. I had a Rusty's 3" lift with full flares and 32's that I DD'd and lightly wheeled.

32's and 4.56 gears are awesome on the road and trails, just FYI
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The more and more I think about it. I've narrowed it down to 2 choices. Either the RE3.5 with currie control arms/trackbars/steering and full leafs and or DPGoffroad's 3.5-OME HD lift with currie control arms/trackbars/steering. Would like to keep stock flares and run 265s/32s or run xenon flat fender flares with 285s.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.