Crawltech.com - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Crawltech.com

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTrick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub Shafts

Closed Thread
Unread 08-05-2003, 12:58 PM   #1
bodega770

Crawltech.com

Just wanted to tell you all not to order from www.crawltech.com

Over a month ago, I ordered a RE 3.5" Superflex kit from their site because all their RE products had free shipping. Their RE kits include shocks whereas many other sites charge extra for the shocks. I thought it was a great deal so I ordered the kit. I was told it would take 2-3 weeks to deliver the kit, but 4 weeks later it still hadnt come.
I emailed the company many times and got no response. I called their company for over a week and the line was always busy. Today I called and the operator said that the phone line has been disconnected or is no longer in service. Bah humbug!!

Their site is obviously not legit. The deal seemed to good to be true and it was! Good thing I never accepted the charges just in case something like this did happen.
Just a heads up.
Rob

RE 3.5" Superflex-31" Kumho Venture MT's- 15x7 RockCrawlers-Alpine Stereo-Uniden CB
Unread 08-05-2003, 01:17 PM   #2
daveleau

The site's dead now, too. When you say you didn't accept the charges, I hope you mean that you aren't out any money. If you did, there are avenues you can take to regain the money.

Do you have any names of the people involved, if it was a small operation?

Thanks for the heads up.

Dave
Unread 08-05-2003, 01:31 PM   #3
bodega770

Yeah, Im not out any money. They charged for the kit July 6th, two days after I ordered, but I didnt accept the billing because I had never heard of their site before I came across it. I was going to wait until I had the kit in my hands before I accepted any billing. I know that the head honcho over their is(or was) a fellow by the name of Jeremy Bratcher. A few days before I ordered I emailed Jeremy about substituting 8.25 u bolts in for the D35 bolts, and he responded very quickly saying that it wouldnt be a problem and he would, so It seemed they had decent customer service. Their site seemed very well maintained with good graphics and everything, the whole nine yards. But looks can be deceiving, and im glad their corrupt site was finally shut down.

Thanks for the concern Dave,
Rob

RE 3.5" Superflex-31" Kumho Venture MT's- 15x7 RockCrawlers-Alpine Stereo-Uniden CB
Unread 08-05-2003, 03:29 PM   #4
crookedletterd

Wow thanks for the heads up!! I was planning on ordering from them as well because of the good deal. I will be ordering from 4x4groupbuy.com instead. Anyone have problems from them?
Unread 08-05-2003, 08:12 PM   #5
b(k)ill94xj

try ordering rigth from the company, the dealer i got all my stuff from ordered my rubicon express kit from them and i got it ina week, here is the phone number i called today for help installing the kit as well 1 916 858 8575

Rocks bite hard, but trees just piss me off...

97 Wrangler sport - 2 inch RE BB - Teraflex adjustable trac bar - 3.73's d30 and d35 - 31x10.5 yokhama geolander's - 15X8 American Racing Outlaw 2 wheels 3.75 backspacing - JKS LCA skids - hella vision headlights - Alpine amp and 6.5 type S speakers

94 Cherokee Sport - 3.5 Rubicon Express Kit - RE adjustable trac bar- 31X10.5 Kumho Venture MT's - 15X8 Crager Soft 8 Class III Hidden Hitch - Hand Throttle - High flow cat w/ Delta Flow 40 muffler Transfer Case Skid Plate Removable Doors --SOLD :( :( i miss it so much

Last edited by b(k)ill94xj; 08-05-2003 at 08:15 PM..
Unread 08-05-2003, 09:20 PM   #6
Spooky

I don't know whats up over there but they have been in buissness for a few years and have enjoyed a good reputation. I have not seen the owner at the shop since he got married. I hate to hear your having trouble with them thats where I have been getting my custom work done. If they are gone I guess I'll be looking for a new fabricator.

You might give Dirk at DPGoffroad a try. Supposed to have great service and prices especially on RE.
Unread 08-06-2003, 01:30 AM   #7
Bratcher

We are not out of business nor plan on going out of business. Our site was shut down because we were switching servers. We have been swamped lately and cannot keep up with demand. For those disatisfied with our recent lack of customer service I fully understand and will go the extra mile to make sure everyone is taken care of.

If anyone would like to contact me personally you can reach me at 903-561-7800.

Bratcher
Unread 08-06-2003, 02:40 AM   #8
whitevette

That's some good chit right there!
'77 Corvette L-48
'74 Land Cruiser FJ40
Unread 08-06-2003, 06:23 AM   #9
luckydog

Right on Bro

So you ordered your ****e from them and then 2 days later decided that you didn't want to pay for it and then you wondered why it wasn't sent?
'85 XJ 2.8 Select-Trac (deceased)

The gremlins love you and think that you [u]enjoy[/u] working on your Jeep
Unread 08-06-2003, 07:10 AM   #10
bodega770

I guess it was a big misunderstanding. Sorry Jeremy. I thought that you dont have to fully confirm the credit card charge until you have received the product. I have done this on everything else I have ordered online, and have had 0 problems.
Sorry
Rob

Unread 08-06-2003, 10:53 AM   #11
basalt51

Glad to here it has (or will be) worked out. I've only heard good things about Crawltech.

I wouldn't expect to recieve shipment on something I've cancelled the charges for, though on large orders like a lift, or my bumpers, I always ask when I will be charged. Usually if they are not willing to wait and charge when the item is ready to ship, I'll just cancel the order and get it somewhere else.
'97 Cherokee Country RE 5.5", 35" Goodyear MT/Rs, RRO Step-Rails, Skid-Row TC and gas tank skids, BPI bumpers, Dynatrac HP44 and Spider9/Tru Hi9 with 4.88s, Explorer discs, and detroits. [url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153/97-jeep-cherokee-country-xj-35s-spider9-tru-hi9-dynatrac-hp-d44-4-88s-detroits-1461716/]Cherokee For Sale[/url]
Unread 08-06-2003, 12:45 PM   #12
Bratcher

Ahh this just keeps getting better. They are doing some road work on our street and they took out all the phone lines #@!*% If anyone needs to reach me ill be tied to the computer all day and will answer all emails.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Unread 08-06-2003, 09:48 PM   #13
daveleau

Quote:
Originally posted by Bratcher
We are not out of business nor plan on going out of business. Our site was shut down because we were switching servers. We have been swamped lately and cannot keep up with demand. For those disatisfied with our recent lack of customer service I fully understand and will go the extra mile to make sure everyone is taken care of.

Bratcher
Good to hear and glad you caught this thread.
Unread 08-21-2003, 11:34 PM   #14
azquailhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratcher

Bratcher

I ordered a Rubicon Express lift from Crawltech on August 4. Jeremy sent me an email on the 6th saying they weren't out of business and that he would be placing my order with Rubicon Express that day. My credit card was charged on the 6th. Since then I have been unable to contact Crawltech via phone or email. I finally got someone from Rubicon Express to to call me and they confirmed that Crawltech never placed the order for my lift. The folks at Rubicon Express told me I was the third complaint they had recieved that week--and it was only Monday! The impression I got from Rubicon Express was that Crawltech would not be a RE dealer for much longer.

I'm not sure whats going on with Crawltech but anyone looking to order from them BE CAREFUL--there is a good chance you'll never recieve your order. I've had to contact my credit card and dispute the charges.
Unread 08-22-2003, 07:02 AM   #15
bodega770

Now I dont look so dumb..... I knew something was up with that company. I ordered my kit directly at Rubicon Express' website and its coming tuesday. I paid 100-200 more than it would cost at most other websites, but at least I know that I will actually receive what I ordered. Thanks Quailhunter.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.