Correct Bilstein Part Numers!?!? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Correct Bilstein Part Numers!?!?

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 06-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Correct Bilstein Part Numers!?!?

OK, so I found one website that had good prices for the bilstein 5100 shocks.....My birthday was coming up, so I asked for 1 front shock from my girl and the two rear shocks from my parents.....and I was gonna order the last one....ok, well I ordered them from Suspensionconnection.com because in the description, it says will fit jeep cherokee with 3.5 to 4.5" of lift....my jeep sits right below 4.5" so I told her to order this one....It arrived today but it took like 2 weeks to get here (I think that is crazy, I have ordered stuff from Cali that took less than 4 days) so I tried to find a place that was closer that I could order the other front shock from, well I found shockwarehouse.com, Called the guy and he said it would ship tomorrow and be here on Saturday...perfect, but there measurements by which shock fits what were different..... and the SKU numbers did not match up. So I pulled both websites up and compared the shocks that fit my jeep.....none of the corresponding shocks from both webistes matched SKU numbers.....

Can anyone please tell me which front shocks I need and which rear shocks I need for my 97 jeep cherokee with 4.5" of lift?

Its so easy to order from Rough Country....I call the guy and tell him I need a set of shocks for a 4.5" lifted XJ...boom, next day, there are on my doorstep....I actually have to do homework to get this on....but I really want em!

Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
Hudson
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Not answering your question, but here's some more information.

I'd personally get a nice set of 5160's. You're looking at around 200 a shock or so. Don't get 5150's, they're garbage.

You could do 5100's for cheaper, between half and 2/3rds the price of 5160's.

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121903
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.