havent done much to the thing in the past few weeks, life gets in the way of wrenchin i guess. got the dizzy pulled out and the dude who did the swap had put it back together 180 off. got that straightened out, and it it wants to start, but wont catch and fire.
yea, next time im out at the farm i'll grab a wheel off ronnies pos ferd, and have it mounted on it for a spare. my buddy chance was supposed to come and help me today, but flaked. so instead of sitting around being bored out of my mind, i built some shift linkage and a new shift lever.
Last edited by BeauDuke01; 05-21-2013 at 06:09 PM..
ok, i ordered a factory shifter and cable today, didnt like the way the linkage was gettig close to the transfer case linkage, so it should be here friday or so... need to yank the front seats and peel the carpet back so i can pull the tc **** linkage mount and re drill the hole to get that to line up right, i'll charge my real camera so i can take a little bit better pics
ok. so i lied... i didnt charge the camera battery, but i did get the carpet peeled back and got access to the bolts holding the tc linkage on, the top two came out juuust fine. the bottom two had rusted pretty bad. i got my cut off wheel and tried to slot the bolt so i could try and back it out with a screwdriver. that didnt work so i ended up just grinding them down to nothing. after that it just fell the hell out.
as far as modifying the bracket, just unbolted the back flipped the little bracket, mark two holes and punch em out with a step bit. then bolt it back down in reverse. i left the carpet peeled back and the seats in the shed, since i dont wanna re do that crap once my new shifter gets here hopefully saturday.
post office didnt show up with my box till 7:45 last night, but finally got my shifter stuff in, sanded down the cable bracket and shift tab. they where from illinois so they've seen salt and got all weird and pitted. painted em with some rustolium rattle can gloss black and got them put into place. after work today, im going to grab a hole saw and cut a couple fresh holes through the floorboards and run the cable and tranny wires though. got the tranny plug in, but am still un decided as to whether im going to try and wire it to a tcu, or just shift 1-2 with a switch and lock up the tc with another. on a funnier note, went to the jy this weekend and grabbed a few things i needed to get it all buttoned up... and the only thing that i really NEEDED, was a new bolt for the steering box.
i started a pile with the bolt on the bottom, and grabbed a few other random things, left the damned bolt and took my other stuff. so MGDWJ grabbed one since he was at another yard yesterday, and is bringing it to me.