convereted him to the dark side - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > convereted him to the dark side

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 04-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #16
SAMSET
2001 XJ Cherokee 

wud up pimpin, found ya

SAMSET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #17
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

whats up Sam?
BeauDuke01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #18
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

havent done much to the thing in the past few weeks, life gets in the way of wrenchin i guess. got the dizzy pulled out and the dude who did the swap had put it back together 180 off. got that straightened out, and it it wants to start, but wont catch and fire.
Unread 04-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #19
lk123
1993 XJ Cherokee 

nice rigs, I got both my little brothers to buy xj's i have a 93, middle child has a 91 & youngest is 16 and he just picked up a 98
93 2wd pos xj sport *sold*
89 nissan 240sx *wrecked*-03 Cbr954rr *traded*
2nd 89 nissan 240sx *sold*
lk123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #20
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

still havent done much, sanded down some flaking clear coat and hit it with a rattle can
Unread 05-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #21
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

painted the hood and wiper cowl

Unread 05-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #22
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

finished rattle canning the pass side today

Unread 05-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #23
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

my buddy Chance dropped by yesterday with a brand spankin new set of jk rock rails, now to break out the cut off wheel and make em fit
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #24
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

also just ordered a tcu plug so i can wire in the transmission
Unread 05-16-2013, 01:43 AM   #25
MGDWJ
2004 WJ 

Looking good! That tire laying on the ground looks familiar. You going to use it as a spare?
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #26
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

yea, next time im out at the farm i'll grab a wheel off ronnies pos ferd, and have it mounted on it for a spare. my buddy chance was supposed to come and help me today, but flaked. so instead of sitting around being bored out of my mind, i built some shift linkage and a new shift lever.

Last edited by BeauDuke01; 05-21-2013 at 06:09 PM..
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #27
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

sorry for the crap pic
Unread 05-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #28
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

ok, i ordered a factory shifter and cable today, didnt like the way the linkage was gettig close to the transfer case linkage, so it should be here friday or so... need to yank the front seats and peel the carpet back so i can pull the tc **** linkage mount and re drill the hole to get that to line up right, i'll charge my real camera so i can take a little bit better pics
Unread 05-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #29
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

ok. so i lied... i didnt charge the camera battery, but i did get the carpet peeled back and got access to the bolts holding the tc linkage on, the top two came out juuust fine. the bottom two had rusted pretty bad. i got my cut off wheel and tried to slot the bolt so i could try and back it out with a screwdriver. that didnt work so i ended up just grinding them down to nothing. after that it just fell the hell out.
as far as modifying the bracket, just unbolted the back flipped the little bracket, mark two holes and punch em out with a step bit. then bolt it back down in reverse. i left the carpet peeled back and the seats in the shed, since i dont wanna re do that crap once my new shifter gets here hopefully saturday.
Unread 05-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #30
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

post office didnt show up with my box till 7:45 last night, but finally got my shifter stuff in, sanded down the cable bracket and shift tab. they where from illinois so they've seen salt and got all weird and pitted. painted em with some rustolium rattle can gloss black and got them put into place. after work today, im going to grab a hole saw and cut a couple fresh holes through the floorboards and run the cable and tranny wires though. got the tranny plug in, but am still un decided as to whether im going to try and wire it to a tcu, or just shift 1-2 with a switch and lock up the tc with another. on a funnier note, went to the jy this weekend and grabbed a few things i needed to get it all buttoned up... and the only thing that i really NEEDED, was a new bolt for the steering box.
i started a pile with the bolt on the bottom, and grabbed a few other random things, left the damned bolt and took my other stuff. so MGDWJ grabbed one since he was at another yard yesterday, and is bringing it to me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.