convereted him to the dark side - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > convereted him to the dark side

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 02-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #1
MGDWJ
2004 WJ 

convereted him to the dark side

I have been into jeeps for years. i finally got one of my brothers to cometo the dark side. he is getting a 91 xj.

a few specs
the good
4.0 w/ auto
waggy 44 front
44 rear
6'' lift w/ mx6 shocks
disk brakes front and rear

the bad
this belonged to a friend of mine that started a engine/ tranny swap and lost interest. he pulled the stock engine/5 speed manual and replaced it with another 4.0 and an automatic and never finished the wiring for the tranny. it was cheap enough though.
after he signs up on here ill have him post in here.

Unread 02-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #2
MOBBiN
Web Wheeler

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like a good start
Unread 02-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

yea yea dude...
BeauDuke01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

in all seriousness, im pretty stoked to get the new to me xj, this will be my first foray into 4 wheeling, both of my other rides never see mud, and if i can help it... no dirt roads either. ive already bugged the hell out of MGDWJ askin stupid questions, and hope to bug the hell out of the rest of you as soon as i get my hands on my xj. Beau
Unread 02-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #5
MGDWJ
2004 WJ 

**** im pretty stoked too. The way its already built its already pretty capable. Just need to get the tranny wiring figured out. Just remember the tires and rims are worth more than you paid for it.
Unread 02-04-2013, 12:00 AM   #6
MOBBiN
Web Wheeler

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Post some pictures when you tear into it! Pretty sweet it's already got d44s under it. I'm jealous
Unread 02-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
MGDWJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBBiN View Post
Post some pictures when you tear into it! Pretty sweet it's already got d44s under it. I'm jealous
If you lived closer we could get a waggy 44 for the front of yours as well. My local junkyard has like 10 of them and front axles go for about 200-250.
Unread 02-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Yea, just remebre I've already seen the rims... So you can't swap em out without me knowing
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #9
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

ok, MGDWJ delivered my xj last week, just been doin piddly **** so far trying to get an accurate inventory of what came with it. also starting a list of parts needed. gonna need to either get a parts jeep, or hit a super cool you pull jy and start grabbing the miscellaneous bolts nuts parts and pieces needed. only things i can see right off are new motor mounts, these are trash, and a lower radiator hose. Its gonna be a couple weeks till i can get my mechanic buddy to come by and help me figure out the rats nest of wiring, but hopefully in a month or two we can have it out and beating up the trails.
Unread 03-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #10
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 03-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #11
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Needs a paint job so I'm thinking rustoleum's finest rattle can will be coming before to long.
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #12
neatocj
1981 CJ5 

where you at in lovely odessa?

Im up in gardendale currently but lookin to move to the "big city" haha

if you need help with anything or a tow i got me a big ole diesel haha.
'06 MegaCab Cummins- Great White
neatocj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #13
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

We're over off 42nd and dixie, and I appreciate the offer, stay out of odessa as long as possible, theis place is getting way to full
Unread 03-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #14
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

man, i just re read that, and i look like ******... i ment stay in gardendale and avoid all the idiots we have here. there are way to many people everywhere here.
Unread 03-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #15
BeauDuke01
1990 XJ Cherokee 

got a little bit done this weekend

got all the stuff to get the front end back together, hit the fenders and hood with some rustolium, added a rear bumper, and build a shift tab for the tranny. couldnt find any shifters at the jy i hit, they only had manuals, so i'll prolly end up building my own, plus the transfer case linkage isnt lining up, so that will need to be modified as well. thinkin about grabbing some rod ends and all thread and simplify everything. pulled the battery from my Rango and tried to crank it, but the motor just spins, so i think the timing is off.

sometime this week i'll get out and pull the dissy and reset it and see what happens.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.