control arm bad angle?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > control arm bad angle??

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 02-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
Liberator18
1996 XJ Cherokee 

control arm bad angle??

hey jeepforum take a look at my short arms and give me ur input

1 the fist pic is sitting on flat ground
2 the second pic is flexed halfway
3 the third pic is showing how my axle is being pulled back at half flex

when i fully flex the control arm gets to about a 75 degree angle its pretty bad i dont have a pic of it but.....its bad.

drop bracket or long arm obviouslly long arm is way better but expensive. so would a drop bracket fix this problem

thanks.

100_1391.jpg   100_1404.jpg   100_1405.jpg   downsized_image02082012110126-2-.jpg  
Liberator18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator18 View Post
... would a drop bracket fix this...
Yes. After about 4" of lift control arm drop brackets are beneficial. They will smooth out the bumps on pavement and give you more flex.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.