clicking noise in the front driveshaft when in 4wd - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 06-30-2008, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Dubz
1993 XJ Cherokee 

clicking noise in the front driveshaft when in 4wd

I just got my jeep lifted 4.5in and now there is a clicking noise when the jeep is in 4wd. The guy that did this lift said I need to rebuild the driveshafts but I'm not sure what he meant. Do I need to replace the shaft with a longer one or do I need to take it out and do something with the transfer case. What do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-01-2008, 01:06 AM
XJ2000

2000 XJ Cherokee 

You should grease your driveshaft, and replace the U-joints. See if that takes care of the problem, if not, you'll have to dig deeper.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: 2000 XJ w/ 4.5" RE SF, Locked XJ D44 Rear, Locked D30, and a bunch of other things

Pavement Pounder: 2001 XJ Daily Driver, 2" BB, 245/70R16 AT's on Moabs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.