clicking noise in the front driveshaft when in 4wd - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > clicking noise in the front driveshaft when in 4wd

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 06-30-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
Dubz
1993 XJ Cherokee 

clicking noise in the front driveshaft when in 4wd

I just got my jeep lifted 4.5in and now there is a clicking noise when the jeep is in 4wd. The guy that did this lift said I need to rebuild the driveshafts but I'm not sure what he meant. Do I need to replace the shaft with a longer one or do I need to take it out and do something with the transfer case. What do you guys think?

Dubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2008, 12:06 AM   #2
XJ2000
2000 XJ Cherokee 

You should grease your driveshaft, and replace the U-joints. See if that takes care of the problem, if not, you'll have to dig deeper.

Trail Rig: 2000 XJ w/ 4.5" RE SF, Locked XJ D44 Rear, Locked D30, and a bunch of other things

Pavement Pounder: 2001 XJ Daily Driver, 2" BB, 245/70R16 AT's on Moabs
XJ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.