clean jeep insult or should i be proud? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 Old 10-16-2008, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
RavenCorax
1988 XJ Cherokee 

clean jeep insult or should i be proud?

i went out wheeling last weekend. the whole time people were telling me that i had the cleanest two door xj they ever seen. i jus started wheelin so i didnt have any body damage. all my doors are straight and even mirrors work right. basically the jeep is the way its supposed to be.

i spent lots of time making it nice and clean fixing rust using bits of bondo to clean up dents and dings of a 20 year old rig. before it was an off roader it was a street jeep i put many a hour into making it nice and clean and presentable.

now it goes off roading and everyone tell me how nice it looks at the end of the weekend my buddies tell me thats kinda of an insult....

so is there anything wrong with having a nice jeep offroading or does it have to be a pos that doesnt have a straight panel on it?

2 door cherokee
I wave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 10-16-2008, 07:45 PM
lathan888
1993 XJ Cherokee 

nope, not all all. I love a nice looking, clean rig. Is fun to get dirty too...

Owner of a 1 owner 93 XJ county trim, 4.0, AT, 8.25 rear and 3.5 gears. It has goodies like pw/pl, cc, tilt, cd changer, keyless entry, rear wiper and defrost...overall a nice old jeep, my fifth owning previous wanglers and commander
[/COLOR] also own/restored a 1972 Pontiac Lemans GT originally owned by my grandmom....39k original miles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 30 Old 10-16-2008, 07:48 PM
madmax79
I'm Old Gregg!

1988 YJ Wrangler 

As long as you enjoy it and have fun, it's alll good!

'88 YJ, getting newer one part at a time. Details on my profile, you should fill out your profile too.

Early YJ Club, Member #1, Check out our group:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Epic adventures usually start with something like: "I was looking at a topo map..."

post #4 of 30 Old 10-16-2008, 07:48 PM
NiCk-
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'd say that's a compliment. Nothing wrong with wheeling a nice Jeep
post #5 of 30 Old 10-16-2008, 07:50 PM
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Compliment.

Enjoy it, the more you wheel, the harder it gets to clean up every time.

I used to worry about scratches, but nothing some rubbing compound can't fix.

I work on Mopars
post #6 of 30 Old 10-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Cruzin Illusion
Round Eyed XJ

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Look at it as a compliment. Take pride in the fact your Jeep is clean. I believe that there is alot more accomplishment in getting thru a trail damage free rather than just ramming your jeep thru every obsticle. Don't get me wrong, if you wheel enough and hard enough you will eventually get some type of damage. I think having a clean jeep that you are proud of, is a something you should strive to keep for as long as possible. I also believe that if there is a trail out there that you know will tear up your jeep bad then maybe that is a sign that you should not go there. There is a trail that I have always wanted to complete in Moab and that is Upper Hellderado. I know there is a section that at a minimum will crush the drip rail and top of the jeep, if not rip it open. Is it worth you destroying your jeep to say you did a trail? I say no. Go find some other hardcore trail more suited for the type of jeep you drive that will not destroy a perfect nice rig. There is a difference between pushing your rig, trail damage and completely destroying it.

CRUZIN ILLUSION
BUILT NOT BOUGHT
By Cruzin Illusion Customs

View the Cruzin Illusion Rig here:

(OlllllllllllllO)
Rock Frog

CIC's Build Threads:

/
/
/
/
/
/
post #7 of 30 Old 10-16-2008, 08:22 PM
DeepJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Nah, shouldn't take it as an insult. I was really focused on keeping my jeep clean for a while but after it got all scratched up and chipped I stopped caring and just focus on keeping it solid and running good. I plan on painting it in the next year anyways. Chances are something like that will happen to you but if you can keep your jeep clean by all means do it.
post #8 of 30 Old 10-16-2008, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
RavenCorax
1988 XJ Cherokee 

thanx guys appreciate the info and the compliemnts.

2 door cherokee
I wave
post #9 of 30 Old 10-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Pat_S
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzin Illusion View Post
Look at it as a compliment. Take pride in the fact your Jeep is clean. I believe that there is alot more accomplishment in getting thru a trail damage free rather than just ramming your jeep thru every obsticle. Don't get me wrong, if you wheel enough and hard enough you will eventually get some type of damage. I think having a clean jeep that you are proud of, is a something you should strive to keep for as long as possible. I also believe that if there is a trail out there that you know will tear up your jeep bad then maybe that is a sign that you should not go there. There is a trail that I have always wanted to complete in Moab and that is Upper Hellderado. I know there is a section that at a minimum will crush the drip rail and top of the jeep, if not rip it open. Is it worth you destroying your jeep to say you did a trail? I say no. Go find some other hardcore trail more suited for the type of jeep you drive that will not destroy a perfect nice rig. There is a difference between pushing your rig, trail damage and completely destroying it.
Speaks the truth.

Edit: To the OP, post pictures of the Jeep.
post #10 of 30 Old 10-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Polo
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yj

wait i thought every jeep was nice and the other rigs out there were the beaters
post #11 of 30 Old 10-16-2008, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
RavenCorax
1988 XJ Cherokee 

someone remind me how to post pics please ill start looking using the search button see if i can find it

2 door cherokee
I wave
post #12 of 30 Old 10-16-2008, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
RavenCorax
1988 XJ Cherokee 

ill take more pics tomorrow and have my friends take a few when im out wheelin

its even changed since then its got euro clears now trimmed fenders even more got muddier got claener my new as of tonight photobucket has like 140 pics take a look steal some

http://s439.photobucket.com/albums/q...rax/?start=all

all the 2 door pics are mine the other jeeps are friends

2 door cherokee
I wave
post #13 of 30 Old 10-16-2008, 10:32 PM
XJLI

1993 XJ Cherokee 

if people you wheel with think that xj is clean, id LOVE to see what theyre wheeling, they must look like absolute trash.

this is the cleanest (modded) 2dr XJ on earth.

Factory Four Link

post #14 of 30 Old 10-16-2008, 11:00 PM
4pointOH1998
2016 KL Cherokee 

^ I love that XJ so much

-Bryan- ΚΔΦ-MΘΣΝΔ
Fighting the rust since April '08...

post #15 of 30 Old 10-16-2008, 11:05 PM
1990JEEPXJ

1990 XJ Cherokee 

take it as a compliment. i call it pride in ownership. keeping it clean and getting it out to wheel takes time and effort. having others notice that is a good thing. like cruzin said, knowing your limits will help keep it looking good. and pushing the limits while doing so is even more rewarding, especially when you get home, wash it and make it look good again, then show everyone the pictures of what your beautiful jeep can do.

Completely stock, and keeping it that way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.