Cherokee Photos - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Cherokee Photos

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 04-30-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
kcbraedon
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Cherokee Photos

I was wondering if anyone had an photos of a Cherokee with a 3-3.5" lift plus a new 1-2" shackle

i was wondering because I'm getting a 3.5" Rubicon Express lift kit and i got replace the shackle i just hate replace it with the factory one that cost like $6 cheaper than a higher strength one plus more flex

I also thought about a small spacer in front and getting 4" shocks

Show me your pics and tell me what u think

kcbraedon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...build-1277802/

lockers don't work unless you have Rubicon stickers
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
Corcor4
1990 XJ Cherokee 

i think you should search. seeing that you have 10 posts shows you haven't really spent to much time on here. Go to the faq, and look through the 100s and 100s of lift options they have already set up with all the tire combos you could think of. its there, you just have to search. use google too, type in something like "jeep cherokee forum.....etc" and it'll come up
Corcor4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #4
wgirvine
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbraedon View Post
...and i got replace the shackle i just hate replace it with the factory one that cost like $6 cheaper than a higher strength one plus more flex
What did he just say?

Go to my profile and look at my Jeep. That's a '92 XJ with a 3" lift on 31" tires. Hope that helps.
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

i have the same setup your looking at; RE 3.5 kit full leaf packs, JKS shackle, 3/4in coil spacer, you'll end up closer to 5.5 or 6in. If yours end up like mine did go ahead and get the 6in shocks and bumpstop accordingly. The rear is not so flexy, shackle angle is bad and makes the hide a bit harsh, i've got CA drop brackets up front so there's no point in comparing front flex and ride.

Looks about like this
The JKRU beside it is on 37's, my tires are the stock size 29's
chriskeenan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.