cherokee headlights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > cherokee headlights

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*WJ Tube Doors Now Available!

Unread 01-27-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
bobroberts

cherokee headlights

hi

new owner of 97 cherokee 2.5 td sport in uk. Having some issues with poor lighting and looking to change headlight bulbs. Havent worked on jeeps before - how do you change the bulbs on standard lights without changing alignment ? Must be simple im sure but just cant see it. cheers bob

bobroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
bluejunior
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I had very similar issues with the lighting. Any major automotive chain should carry or be able to order H.I.D. adapters (those are those super bright blue lights, if you didnt know, some do some dont lol). But my solution was, rather than to replace the headlights, to add an extra pair of driving lights i got for $20 U.S. and aim them to match the headlights. Just ran a couple wires and mounted the switch under the dash (attached to factory screw, no new holes except for for mounting screws in the bumper). I just reach down and flik them on and my visibility easily triples. Thats a good solution if you dont mind having the lights on there, the laws could be different there but here if aimed to match the headlights, they're fully legal in town and everything. GOOD LUCK!
bluejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2009, 01:13 PM   #3
triplej1954
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I hate those super bright blue lights. Should be illegal!!
triplej1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2009, 03:03 PM   #4
imthehink
2005 WK 

Changing the headlights shouldn't affect your alignment. if it somehow does, there are four adjusting screws. 2 on top and 2 on bottom. I'd suggest changing your housing to a H4 housing. That replaces your sealed beam. Examples:http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...ght&submit=Go!
I chose Autopal E codes, the pattern is comparable to Hella:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/79-01...Q5fAccessories
imthehink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
Tru2Chevy

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplej1954 View Post
I hate those super bright blue lights. Should be illegal!!
99% of them are....

- Justin

1996 Cherokee Classic - 3.5" lift / 31.0x10.5 Mastercraft Courser CTs / Warn XD9000i - Stripped for parts / junked :(

2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo - 4.7, bone stock - Wife's DD

NJ F-Body Owners Association
Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.