cherokee halo headlights lets see them!! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > cherokee halo headlights lets see them!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 02-01-2011, 07:25 PM   #31
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

no pic of the halos i think i wired them wrong some how, i have no clue how but i did so i gotta check it out, i will get better pics of the head lights, well atleast ill try but its hard to get a picture when they look way to bright in the picture lol, they look just like hid but you are correct the are dirrect plug in and i didn't have to do any extra wiring, i had to bend the chrome headlight housing to get it to fit with the factory bolts

Unread 02-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #32
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
can u get some better pics?
let me see a picture of your jeep with the bw flat flares i see you have them too
Unread 02-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #33
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpmasterflex View Post
no pic of the halos i think i wired them wrong some how, i have no clue how but i did so i gotta check it out, i will get better pics of the head lights, well atleast ill try but its hard to get a picture when they look way to bright in the picture lol, they look just like hid but you are correct the are dirrect plug in and i didn't have to do any extra wiring, i had to bend the chrome headlight housing to get it to fit with the factory bolts
haha, just take a pic from inside the car with the lights on so i can see how they illuminate....why do you think you wired them wrong???
Shanker67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #34
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanker67 View Post
haha, just take a pic from inside the car with the lights on so i can see how they illuminate....why do you think you wired them wrong???
will do tomorrow night lol, and because i ran the wires into the jeep to the switch for for both the power wire from the battery and the power wire for the headlight, and i think i may have mixed up those two wires and hooked up one of the the headlights with the power battery wire but then it would already be on so im not sureeee, because then the one halo light would constantly be on because it would be getting power, so maybe a bad ground? but i know its getting power because i put a light up switch in the jeep and that powers on when i switch it on.... so im going to look at it tomorrow
Unread 02-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #35
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
will do tomorrow night lol, and because i ran the wires into the jeep to the switch for for both the power wire from the battery and the power wire for the headlight, and i think i may have mixed up those two wires and hooked up one of the the headlights with the power battery wire but then it would already be on so im not sureeee, because then the one halo light would constantly be on because it would be getting power, so maybe a bad ground? but i know its getting power because i put a light up switch in the jeep and that powers on when i switch it on.... so im going to look at it tomorrow

i thought you didn't have to do wiring for the halos; arent they just plug'n'go?
Unread 02-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #36
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

the headlights are just plug and go but the halos have to be wired just like an offroad light with with a power wire and a ground wire, forgot to mention that
Unread 02-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #37
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

ah so you need to run them to a different switch? or do THEY come on when your headlights come on?
Unread 02-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #38
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

gotta run them to a separate switch unless you wanna run them to your marker lights so when your marker lights are on the are on, but then they are constantly on
Unread 02-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #39
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

so the halo lights have a regular headlight and then the halo light in the same casing? I'm trying to understand this correctly. haha
Unread 02-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #40
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanker67 View Post
so the halo lights have a regular headlight and then the halo light in the same casing? I'm trying to understand this correctly. haha
with the link i gave you i think it shows you the back of the light, for the halo on these it only lights the outer edge when the halo is on the lights for the halo are seperate and plug into the back of the housing
Unread 02-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #41
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

i just read about it! haha yeah okay i understand it all now, i'll check back tomorrow for a pic, excited to see the road lit up with those babys, thanks for clearing up my confusion
Unread 02-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #42
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

n/p at all lol hopefully i remember to get the picture
Unread 02-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #43
jheld95xj
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
lol ok, yeah i kept wondering why you just posted that one pic and didnt post another pic of just the halo's on by themselves. looks like you've figured out your problem though, please post more pics when you get your wiring figured out.
jheld95xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #44
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

shanker i just tried to get a picture of the headlights and how clean it shows but obviously my crappy camera phone isn't good so im not going to have any luck , sorry dude. buttttt they are replaceable with h4 headlights if you wanted to upgrade to better bulbs it wouldn't be hard. but i am very happy with how clear mine are
Unread 02-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #45
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

haha thats okay, i'll probably get them anyway haha, once i finish doing my dash LEDS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.