cherokee halo headlights lets see them!! - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > cherokee halo headlights lets see them!!

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-27-2011, 08:12 PM   #151
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanker67 View Post
haha, get some better bulbs, hopefully that fixes it!
im gonna when i get a few bucks lol

Unread 02-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #152
jheld95xj
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpmasterflex View Post
it is the package from ebay but i had to buy new bulbs from ebay but i bet the stock ones would look good to and they sell different colors
sounds good, i prolly will end up getting them and just upgrading the lights, that or its mostly just for looks but my brother rolls with just the fogs lights and halos on and that looks pretty sweet. I like the halo look alot better than i thought i would on a cherokee good luck with them.....
jheld95xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 05:59 AM   #153
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheld95xj View Post
sounds good, i prolly will end up getting them and just upgrading the lights, that or its mostly just for looks but my brother rolls with just the fogs lights and halos on and that looks pretty sweet. I like the halo look alot better than i thought i would on a cherokee good luck with them.....
thanks man i bet that looks awesome fogs only with halos
Unread 02-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #154
RoamFreely

So I got my projectors in.. Non-Halo ones... Love the look... Cleaner then the stock ones.

I will have a shot of the lights on tonight, so you guys can see how the HID kit looks with it... They really bright but not blinding to on coming traffic or to the cars in front of me.
(o)_)=o=)_ (o)_)=o=)_)
RoamFreely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 04:27 PM   #155
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamFreely View Post
So I got my projectors in.. Non-Halo ones... Love the look... Cleaner then the stock ones.

I will have a shot of the lights on tonight, so you guys can see how the HID kit looks with it... They really bright but not blinding to on coming traffic or to the cars in front of me.
they look awesome, i might have to upgrade my bulbs to hids how simple are they to put in ?
Unread 02-28-2011, 04:34 PM   #156
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Interested to see the beam pattern. Take a picture of it shining on a wall or something to show the cutoff. Keep in mind those are NOT real projectors.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #157
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

heres some more pics of my halos

Unread 02-28-2011, 06:02 PM   #158
RoamFreely

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconMill View Post
Interested to see the beam pattern. Take a picture of it shining on a wall or something to show the cutoff. Keep in mind those are NOT real projectors.

Here are the light shots...

I have to do some final alignments to both headlights.. but I will get to that later on in the week..

And I understand there not the "Real McCoys" But I didn't want to spend a crazy amount of money for something I may and may not like.. This was more of a Experimental start.. To see if I like the look, and for only $30.00 shipped to my door I would say that its a Good Start....

Later on if I come across the real deals, at least I know what the XJ will look like with them installed..

Distant shot...

Fairly close...

(o)_)=o=)_ (o)_)=o=)_)
Unread 02-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #159
RoamFreely

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpmasterflex View Post
they look awesome, i might have to upgrade my bulbs to hids how simple are they to put in ?

Thanks for the kind words..

The HID's were very easy to do, I've done it so many times to so many vehicles I've owned its starting to become second nature to me. But its basicaly just a plug and play kit. No hard wiring or anything. The kit came with everything needed for it to just be a 20 min job.
(o)_)=o=)_ (o)_)=o=)_)
Unread 02-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #160
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Here is the problem. These headlights have a terrible cut off. What is circled in red in the glare. A good set of headlights wont have nearly as much glare if any at all. This is what blinds oncoming drivers. You can see it better in the left of the photo.
imag0338.jpg  
Unread 02-28-2011, 06:25 PM   #161
RoamFreely

Quote:
Here is the problem. These headlights have a terrible cut off. What is circled in red in the glare. A good set of headlights wont have nearly as much glare if any at all. This is what blinds oncoming drivers. You can see it better in the left of the photo.
Ok.. I see.. So far it seems to be fine on the roads. Normaly with my last car I would get a few people high beaming me in the opposite lane, but those were also none Projector light..

So far no one has given me the high beams... But like I said these were more of a test factor then anything else. Granted I can see ten times better on the road and through the back roads where it isn't lit from the Town..
(o)_)=o=)_ (o)_)=o=)_)
Unread 02-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #162
RoamFreely

There is one thing I wanna try, the HID bulbs have a shield on them, which my buddy said are for the light control, but when installed the shield was below the bulb and not on top like it should be. So I'm going to turn the Head lights around and see if that makes a difference on the Spatter it has.
(o)_)=o=)_ (o)_)=o=)_)
Unread 02-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #163
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Yep. Nothing wrong with wanting to see well at night. My headlights are autopal E-codes, but the passenger side is rusting out for whatever reason. I have heard of people running E-code with HID with great cut off and pattern, so ill probably go that route with a set of higher quality e-codes and an HID conversion, or pony up and do a full blown projector retrofit.

edit: It might help a little, but it is most likely just the fact that they are cheap ebay housings with a bad pattern to begin with. I dont think i have heard anybody that is impressed with them. Most people buy them to chop them up to fit projectors.
Unread 02-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #164
RoamFreely

Quote:
Yep. Nothing wrong with wanting to see well at night. My headlights are autopal E-codes, but the passenger side is rusting out for whatever reason. I have heard of people running E-code with HID with great cut off and pattern, so ill probably go that route with a set of higher quality e-codes and an HID conversion, or pony up and do a full blown projector retrofit.
LOL... I know I use to run E-codes in my Volkswagens.. Expensive stuff..

If you go with the HID kit, go with the 4300kv kit, its the brightest one to can get with out a blue tint, or any other color...
(o)_)=o=)_ (o)_)=o=)_)
Unread 02-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #165
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Thats the plan. Keep it around 5k for the best light output. I have thought about doing something <4300k as a fog application as well.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.