Cherokee with Doors or No Doors? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Cherokee with Doors or No Doors?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

View Poll Results: Jeep Cherokee with No Doors?
Jeep Cherokees with no doors are cool 206 74.91%
Jeep Cherokees with no doors is not cool 69 25.09%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-18-2009, 04:15 PM   #76
Nj-Xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

The doorlessness of that two door looks awsome!

Nj-Xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2009, 07:54 PM   #77
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

no doors FTW!!!! BWAHAHHAHAHAHA

Unread 09-16-2009, 11:53 PM   #78
Starboard M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon00XJ View Post
the hatch does not add any structure either. If it did that little latch that holds it shut would have to be alot bigger.
Youre wrong.

The hatch is structural. Go flex your Jeep out on some rather large object. Now open the hatch. Now try and close the hatch. It wont close. Wonder why?

edit: I love how butt hurt 2006sport got when I "called him out" on his barbie Jeep. Must have struck a nerve.

Boatsides/Hybrid Cage/Tube Dash== Custom Winch Bumper== Bolt in HP44

Last edited by Starboard M; 09-17-2009 at 12:31 AM..
Starboard M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2009, 11:57 PM   #79
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starboard M View Post
Youre wrong.

The hatch is structural. Go flex your Jeep out on some rather large object. Now open the hatch. Now try and close the hatch. It wont close. Wonder why?

x2 10char

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. It’s called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Jeep89JV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2010, 08:43 AM   #80
dckustom05

haha

all the wrangler guys are just jealous because with a cherokee you get all the luxuries and all the extra space inside, and the only thing they had on us were the removable doors, which we have made possible now
dckustom05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2010, 09:11 AM   #81
XJ_Renegade
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Okay, ladies and gentlemen; we all drive Jeeps here. Barbie may drive a Wrangler, but as I recall, she also has a private jet, a Malibu mansion, a Corvette, and a Winnebago RV...That ***** has more stuff than anyone here.

Doors on or off? I don't know...Haven't tried it yet.
Unread 04-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #82
TYphoonXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Doors are off my XJ right now, and it is raining. I brought a tarp to school and it is on my seat/floor. I love it. I think it looks cool and is an awesome feeling. But I am also building half doors juct for the added security/structure

(well the drivers side...I havent gotten to the other side yet )

EDIT: and yeah, I learned that the hatch does do something when I was flexing, and tried opening my hatch....and it didnt open.

But I have never not been able to open my doors...and I have gotten out of my jeep numerous times while flexing in all different positions
Unread 04-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #83
Starboard M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dckustom05 View Post
all the wrangler guys are just jealous because with a cherokee you get all the luxuries and all the extra space inside, and the only thing they had on us were the removable doors, which we have made possible now
Thanks for bumping this seven month old thread to add this gem of knowledge. It was good for a second laugh though.

Unread 04-13-2010, 12:10 PM   #84
mbgp
1995 XJ Cherokee 

to all those *****ing about it not being a "factory option" and that the designers did not intend for it...

This is the Mopar XJ with 4.6l stroker, as seen at the EJS also. Where did the doors go?

that being said...I think most of us XJ guys are gonna have to change our pants after seeing that beauty
Unread 04-13-2010, 04:39 PM   #85
1slosvt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I like how they didn't bother to align that Xj in the pic.

Also, the hatch is not part of the structure. The fact that it won't open only means the frame is twisting and its jammed shut. Using your logic the doors would also be part of the structure or unibody as it is called.
1slosvt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2010, 06:06 PM   #86
Starboard M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosvt View Post

Also, the hatch is not part of the structure. The fact that it won't open only means the frame is twisting and its jammed shut. Using your logic the doors would also be part of the structure or unibody as it is called.
.....sigh....

1. Im impressed you can tell the alignment is off with those two pictures.

2. So the fact that the body looses its structure when the hatch is open doesnt mean the hatch is structural?
Using my logic, I can see that the door glass is not structural because it is held in with seals and one nut, not hinges and a latch.

Unread 04-13-2010, 06:32 PM   #87
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosvt View Post

The alignment part....

The hatch part... Just because it wasn't "Designed" to add structural strength doesn't mean it doesn't.

I don't even know what this debate started from or is going to -- but I can assure you, taking off your doors and hatch won't make your xj fold like a taco the moment you pull out of the driveway. Though it does reduce its strength in the structure.

With this said I'm just counting the days until I take mine off. Still gets a bit cold out in the later evening/night

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. It’s called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Jeep89JV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #88
1slosvt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Oh, I'm not arguing that it doesn't ADD support, I'm just saying it wasn't intended to. I know it's not gonna destroy it or anything either.

I don't do doorless but all of this talk of how the doors and hatch add ridgidity really makes me wanna do a cage of some sort.
Unread 04-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #89
1slosvt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Starboard look at the steering wheel... duh.
Unread 04-13-2010, 08:17 PM   #90
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Just because a mopar jeep has tube doors on it doesnt mean anything. Either way, that jeep is sexy.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.