Cherokee with Doors or No Doors? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Cherokee with Doors or No Doors?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

View Poll Results: Jeep Cherokee with No Doors?
Jeep Cherokees with no doors are cool 206 74.91%
Jeep Cherokees with no doors is not cool 69 25.09%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-15-2009, 01:05 AM   #61
Jones
Consider the following...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
Maybe you will...but you can continue to use your station wagon to haul groceries back from the store...sound like a plan? (i am joking...)

First and foremost. I am giving you **** as all jeepers give each other ****. YJs give TJs **** and vice versa. TJs give JKs **** and vice versa. And occasionally wrangler owners give cherokee owners **** and vice versa. Grow some thicker skin.
I mostly crap on Hummers. (No really I pop a squat on their hood and drop a deuce. Ok I'm kidding I don't do that but can you picture it? Hella funny.)

Unread 08-15-2009, 01:11 AM   #62
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJones View Post
I mostly crap on Hummers. (No really I pop a squat on their hood and drop a deuce. Ok I'm kidding I don't do that but can you picture it? Hella funny.)

Zj....that has to be the funniest thing i have read all nite.....i think thats my new sig....maybe

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2009, 01:34 AM   #63
corndogduff

so that was you who shat on my H2?
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #64
ktmracer419
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Maybe you will...but you can continue to use your station wagon to haul groceries back from the store...sound like a plan? (i am joking...)
and you can continue driving to cheerleading practice
35" beadlocked km2's
3" midarmed
more bells and whistles than you can shake a stick at
ktmracer419 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2009, 09:26 AM   #65
1984XJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
^^^yeah ok buddy. Because that dip **** is ever gonna wheel that. How are wranglers for gangsters? I see more gangstas rollin in cherokees on dubs that i do wranglers....weird. And i have not seen 1 cheerleader ever that drives a wrangler. If i do see a chick with a wrangler i find out that she wheels it too.
Thats funny, EVERY Cheerleader at my HS drives a wrangler, even the guy cheerleader!
_(o)_)____(o)_)--o)_)

Daily Driver Jeep #16
Utah Jeep'n
1984XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #66
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmracer419 View Post
and you can continue driving to cheerleading practice
look, dont make fun of the way i keep in shape man!

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 08-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #67
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984XJ View Post
Thats funny, EVERY Cheerleader at my HS drives a wrangler, even the guy cheerleader!
That's alota wranglers. But why are you complaining? every one likes a hot chick in a jeep. That male cheerleader can turn in his man card though.

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 08-16-2009, 01:23 AM   #68
Luke94XJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Around here I see just as many chicks in a tj/jk wrangler, as I do dudes. It doesn't matter though, because none of em seem to wheel 'em, except to the mall or to frat parties. The Jeeps I mostly see covered in mud or even lifted, are Cherokees. I do sometimes see a yj Wrangler with some mud on it, but those yjs seem to be few and far between now.

I have to say these observations are probably due to the difference in price, you can maybe find a cheapo tj here for $5k where $1k gets you a descent Cherokee. If you throw $500 at a cherokee you have a very capable off-road vehicle.

So why should the Wranglers have all the door-less fun? Because I didn't pay $5000 up front, does this mean I cannot take my doors off for the cost of 50 (te-hehe) dremel discs?

I say go doorless, keep the jeep tradition alive! (run on sentence ahead) Even if you do jack up your unibody which is hard to do, and if you have done it, doors wouldn't have helped you very much at all, you aren't out that much money. Plus, the damage is probably fixable.
Luke94XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 01:29 AM   #69
_Trucker
'Bigger Member'

1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJones View Post
def going in my sig!!!!

NAXJA member # 3388
_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 06:35 PM   #70
supniceyeah
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starboard M View Post
My doors lift off as well. I guess I need to have round headlights in order to be a true Jeep and live up to the Jeep heritage. Someday when I grow up, Ill buy a Barbie Jeep so I can be cool just like you.
talking about sig worthy haha i lol'ed when i read that last sentence
supniceyeah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 11:02 PM   #71
samuraisavr
2003 TJ Wrangler 

To each is own... but if the OP is asking my OPINION... doorless, not so much. Tube doors, Def. badass... 4 dr tube doors really badass.... but to the kids bickering, keep in mind that these are just my OPINIONS
Pocket
samuraisavr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2009, 11:21 PM   #72
Nj-Xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Anybody have a picture with tube doors?
Nj-Xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2009, 07:03 AM   #73
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

those are warrior tube doors. too pricey IMO
ajxj9197 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2009, 01:09 PM   #74
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
That's alota wranglers. But why are you complaining? every one likes a hot chick in a jeep. That male cheerleader can turn in his man card though.
The guys that were cheerleaders at my highschool were definetly NOT gay, and not pushover's... being in shape and being with the hottest girls in school all year including trips? how is that time to turn in the man-card?
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2009, 05:38 PM   #75
Jon00XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Jeeper View Post
Aren't doors on XJ structural part of the vehicle? Unlike Wranglers (with separate frames and bodies on top), taking doors off on Cherokees will weaken their structural integrity. Now if you were to install a proper roll cage to maintain integrity of the unibody construction, taking doors off would be safe. Still it won't look cool (imho).
As mentioned a hundred times the doors do not add structure

Quote:
Originally Posted by supniceyeah View Post
from what i understand, there is no risk to the structure of the unibody with no doors on, the hatch i think adds some support but even that isnt so bad.

i've had my doors off my zj and i LOVE it, i think it looks good too, but you may run into problems with the law though with having doors off, theres plenty of threads on here about that
the hatch does not add any structure either. If it did that little latch that holds it shut would have to be alot bigger.

Quote:
The doors on the cherokees and Grand cherokees provide rigidity to the unibody frame. By taking the doors off you risk flexing the body to much and breaking windows. I have buddies that this has happened to...so just because it looks cool to you doesnt mean it's right. And i agree with you NiksXJ, it does look gay. If your BF wanted a wrangler he should have gotten one.

This. (my jeep )

not this
Wrong. Just because your jealous we can take our doors off and still haul our groceries with 5 passengers dont mean you gotta hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierp89 View Post
doors do not add much to structual integrity. the force of any impact is designed to go around the passenger compartment. i love the doors off my xj. helps a bunch since i no longer have a/c..

you do need the hatch, however. that does add rigidity since its perpendicular to the frame
you do not need the hatch this is false

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilandj View Post
I own both. I don't think I would take the doors off either of my XJ's. Just not my thing.
only reasonable statment I read
Jon00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.