Cherokee with Doors or No Doors? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Cherokee with Doors or No Doors?

Black Friday Sale!!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

View Poll Results: Jeep Cherokee with No Doors?
Jeep Cherokees with no doors are cool 206 74.91%
Jeep Cherokees with no doors is not cool 69 25.09%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Unread 08-13-2009, 08:40 PM   #46
Kettles
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 4,177
If would be a who lot of money that that one won't taco. Unless its all just tack welded like that front tube, asuming it is a work in progress.

__________________
_=====o000o
//__l_l_,\____\,____
l_--\_l__l_/--|lllll|
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #47
dcorn
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 4,054


Looks good to me.
__________________
2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
OME HD/5100s - 31" Toyo AT2
dcorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #48
lyleorszulak807
Registered User
1988 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by f3arn0FJ View Post
Grrr....

My buddy and I run with our doors off all the time. We hit the trails every other weekend and we have yet to have a problem. Miller Jeep trail, cleghorn, jumpen in the sand and still no problems.

Maybe your buddy's jeep folded like a taco because he had other problems with it. If my friend goes up a trail and blows out his D35, that doesn't mean if I take the same line going up that trail that my D35 will blow out.
Thats me....and this is my jeep...
img00021.jpg   img00023.jpg  
__________________
88 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L - RE 5.5" springs | Teraflex shackels in the rear | RE1660 HD track bar with drop bracket | Rock Krawler adj UCA/LCA
ROLLED & TOTALED! 89 XJ 4.0L Renix AW4 | Rustys Air intake kit Steering Box reinforcement bar Bomb proof Motor Mounts | RE HD Track Bar, drop down Bracket, support brace | Cobra 75sxt CB | 33x12.5x15 MTR's on Crager soft 8 | Teraflex and 5.5" RE HD springs | yada yada...[/CENTER]
lyleorszulak807 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 10:27 PM   #49
Commando81
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Syracuse, New York
Posts: 238
I ran my 98 XJ without front doors I don't care for the look without the rears. I now have a TJ and still love not having doors and keep the top up.

As for on the trail I was at Rousch Creek last summer with the XJ smacked my diff real hard on a rock cleared the section pulled off to side to check it out. Threw it in park and hopped out my buddy yelled my XJ was rolling backwards down the hill. The only reason I was able to save it was the doors being off (of course if my GF had pulled the e-brake since she was riding shotty would have been safer than me jumping into a moving vehicle) O well no harm no foul.

Before you ask the T-case jumped into neutral when I put it in park
Commando81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 11:58 PM   #50
NiksXJ
Registered User
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wichita falls TX
Posts: 52
To me it just looks like some one went WACK and ripped off the door. Sorry Wren. Maybe if one could cut the door in half and leave the bottom half on??? Then it would look better
__________________
Thereís a hole in the world like a great black pit and itís filled with people who are filled with shxx and the vermin of the world inhabit it.
NiksXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2009, 12:54 AM   #51
Starboard M
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CO
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
^^^ If that is yours...good job

If not...do you not see how much the dude reinforced the body? Of course it wont fold.
Yes, that is mine.



I still dont understand why you seem to think you know a lot about XJs, and if they will or will not fold. Its been discussed since Al Gore invented the internet, nothing will happen if you take the doors off. If it folds, there is something else that is causing it, not the doors.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaHunter View Post
Honestly, its dicks like you that make unnecessary comments via the internet that have no impact what so ever.

Boatsides/Hybrid Cage/Tube Dash== Custom Winch Bumper== Bolt in HP44
Starboard M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2009, 01:06 AM   #52
77j20
Registered User
1977 J-Series Truck 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Red Bluff, CA
Posts: 303
Buy a wrangler if you want to take your doors off.
__________________
1977 J-20 TeamRushed AMC 401, TH400, D44 front, D60 rear, 33x12.50R16.5 Mud Terrains, SOA, rear shackle flip.
77j20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2009, 01:49 AM   #53
2006_Sport
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sherrills Ford, NC
Posts: 10,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77j20 View Post
Buy a wrangler if you want to take your doors off.
quoted for the damn truth.

starboard. I know more about jeeps than you think. Stop getting butt hurt because i think that XJs look goofy when the doors were off. That was already discussed. If you like it that is fine..it still looks dumb and that is my opinion that i am allowed to have. If your feelings get hurt because of my opinion then so be it. Tube doors look better on them than no doors do. Yes it is functional off road. But on road i dont see the point. And b4 you say..well whats the point of taking the doors off a wrangler...the point is because it is living up to the heritage of the original jeep which had no doors usually. Plus all you have to do is lift up the door and it comes off.

On with the thread.


Take all that i say with a grain of damn salt dude when it comes to **** like this.
__________________
2011 Ford Fusion Sport
-Zach

Last edited by 2006_Sport; 08-14-2009 at 02:00 AM..
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2009, 02:19 AM   #54
aircruiser
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 9,701
WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WWWHOA














lois this is not my batman cup



haha just saw that episode of family guy tonight..good show.

__________________
1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2009, 02:24 AM   #55
Luke94XJ
Registered User
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Columbia, Mo.
Posts: 1,739
I gotta say I don't think the doors add much structural support. look at the points of contact: The hinges and the latch plate. The doors do help in a crash situation though they help to transfer the energy around the cab. Honestly the door at the latch plate isn't rigid enough to supply substantial stiffening. If the Cherokee uni-body was so weak the doors would constantly be banging into the door frames.
Luke94XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2009, 02:36 AM   #56
Starboard M
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CO
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
quoted for the damn truth.

starboard. I know more about jeeps than you think. Stop getting butt hurt because i think that XJs look goofy when the doors were off. That was already discussed. If you like it that is fine..it still looks dumb and that is my opinion that i am allowed to have. If your feelings get hurt because of my opinion then so be it. Tube doors look better on them than no doors do. Yes it is functional off road. But on road i dont see the point. And b4 you say..well whats the point of taking the doors off a wrangler...the point is because it is living up to the heritage of the original jeep which had no doors usually. Plus all you have to do is lift up the door and it comes off.

On with the thread.


Take all that i say with a grain of damn salt dude when it comes to **** like this.
Dont get your panties in a knot there Nancy.


My doors lift off as well. I guess I need to have round headlights in order to be a true Jeep and live up to the Jeep heritage. Someday when I grow up, Ill buy a Barbie Jeep so I can be cool just like you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaHunter View Post
Honestly, its dicks like you that make unnecessary comments via the internet that have no impact what so ever.

Boatsides/Hybrid Cage/Tube Dash== Custom Winch Bumper== Bolt in HP44
Starboard M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2009, 02:41 AM   #57
2006_Sport
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sherrills Ford, NC
Posts: 10,830
Maybe you will...but you can continue to use your station wagon to haul groceries back from the store...sound like a plan? (i am joking...)

First and foremost. I am giving you **** as all jeepers give each other ****. YJs give TJs **** and vice versa. TJs give JKs **** and vice versa. And occasionally wrangler owners give cherokee owners **** and vice versa. Grow some thicker skin.

Just deal with the fact that you dont have a wrangler ( I am kidding dude don't get mad please) Every time i give you crap now im going to put it in parenthesis saying that i am messing with you or being sarcastic because i am.

A jeep is a damn jeep. If you like the doors off fine. XJs can be sick as hell built up. actually a few of my favorite jeeps on this forum are XJs. I have nothing against them.

And yes Barbie had a Jeep. So what? ..i mean you couldnt mass produce a doll that drives a Cherokee could you?
__________________
2011 Ford Fusion Sport
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2009, 09:46 PM   #58
GreenLanternXJ
Registered User
1975 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 251
I love driving without doors. They do provide some protection in a crash but are not part of the unibody structure. Lose the doors and get ready for a lot of weird looks.
__________________
Current Project: The Clockwork Orange. 1975 CJ5. Chevy 307, T90, Dana 18.
GreenLanternXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2009, 01:15 AM   #59
tennis203
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Trumbull, CT
Posts: 275
Wranglers are for cheerleaders & gangsters rollin on dubs.

They (CJs, YJs, TJs) suck *** offroad til you stretch the wheelbase.

__________________
89 XJ 4.0, NP231, D44/Ford9, Detroit F&R, Yukon Shafts F&R, 4.56's, 5.5" lift, 37x13.5R15 Radial Claws, ArMoR Front/Rear/Side
99 Dub Ya Jay Limited Daily Driver
tennis203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2009, 01:57 AM   #60
2006_Sport
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sherrills Ford, NC
Posts: 10,830
^^^yeah ok buddy. Because that dip **** is ever gonna wheel that. How are wranglers for gangsters? I see more gangstas rollin in cherokees on dubs that i do wranglers....weird. And i have not seen 1 cheerleader ever that drives a wrangler. If i do see a chick with a wrangler i find out that she wheels it too.
__________________
2011 Ford Fusion Sport
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.