Cherokee with Doors or No Doors? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Cherokee with Doors or No Doors?

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

View Poll Results: Jeep Cherokee with No Doors?
Jeep Cherokees with no doors are cool 206 74.91%
Jeep Cherokees with no doors is not cool 69 25.09%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-13-2009, 09:08 AM   #31
CLSword
1993 XJ Cherokee 

i LOVE the way the xjs look w/o doors. all the tj and yj and them are just jealous that they paid more for their rides and we (xj owners) do the same thing that they do. and it looks a lot better

CLSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 10:34 AM   #32
f3arn0FJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
THanks for the explanation Eric. Obviously the service techs at the Jeep dealer are yahoos and dont know ****.

Millhousenator, No i am not but hurt because you take your doors off. I personally think it looks goofy but that is just me. I was stating what i was told by the service techs that they did provide support. But it is all resolved now..I will be the man and say that i was wrong and sorry for the heated argument and thread hijack..
Thanks for manning up! It shows you're a smart guy willing to admit when you have been miss informed. If you personally think it looks goofy when we take our doors off then so be it, I'm not trying to take that away from ya.

P.S- Sorry for making fun of you'r friends taco....
Zombie Hunters member #4
Eric
f3arn0FJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #33
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3arn0FJ View Post
Thanks for manning up! It shows you're a smart guy willing to admit when you have been miss informed. If you personally think it looks goofy when we take our doors off then so be it, I'm not trying to take that away from ya.

P.S- Sorry for making fun of you'r friends taco....
hahahhahahahahaha I make fun of his taco ALL the time. He doesn't have it anymore...he got a..errr 4runner. But if he takes the doors off that ****ing thing I'm going to freak out ahhaha.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 11:08 AM   #34
jccJeep
1999 XJ Cherokee 

it only looks good if it is lifted and only take the front 2 off
jccJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #35
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

oh yeah, id have to agree doorless does kind of look a little goofy, but once you ride doorless, you get hooked! i have yet to go wheeling doorless though and probably wont..ive had close encounters with trees on the trails with my windows down, cant imagine my left side of my body would like me wheeling doorless since most wheeling i do is in the woods..lol.
Unread 08-13-2009, 12:44 PM   #36
Zjeeplover
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I dont have a problem with your rides i am stating that doors play a small roll in the XJs unibody strength. I talked to a service tech at the Jeep dealer who had told me so.
I talked to a service rep the other day that couldn't even look up a part for me based on Year, Model, Drivetrain.
Zjeeplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #37
jkh
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I think 2 doors look ok with the doors off..not great though. 4 doors look kinda weird with just the front 2 off, a little better but still odd with all 4 off.

Now if you've chopped the back top off a 4dr and pull all 4 doors off, I think it looks cool, kind of like a 4dr Rubi.

'98 XJ: UpCountry, bastard pack, 2" spacers, JK shocks, 31" BFG AT's
'81 Honda GL500
Colorado Jeep Club Member #399
jkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #38
1slosvt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I've gotta be honest. I don't like the way xjs look without the doors. It makes them look beat-up (not 'worked hard' beat-up but 'not cared for' beat-up) and trashy. Now out in the rocks, I understand. And I think I can make an exception for chopped-topped and tube door-ed xj's too. But do whatever you want, I don't really care.
1slosvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #39
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ View Post
i just wonder why is it that if the hatch provides rigidity, why is it fiberglass? (on pre 97 models) i have a feeling this is the same concept that eric explained. they provide no support until flexed to the point there is pressure on the striker, merely providing resistance, not structural rigidity.
exactly correct.

EricsXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #40
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Quote:
THanks for the explanation Eric. Obviously the service techs at the Jeep dealer are yahoos and dont know ****.

Millhousenator, No i am not but hurt because you take your doors off. I personally think it looks goofy but that is just me. I was stating what i was told by the service techs that they did provide support. But it is all resolved now..I will be the man and say that i was wrong and sorry for the heated argument and thread hijack..
I wasnt pinning this on you... alot of TJ guys and even YJ guys do it, but it doesnt really affect me cause i dont remove my doors. Just thinking out loud. Honestly IMO XJs look better with tube doors than with no doors.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 03:30 PM   #41
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhousenator View Post
I wasnt pinning this on you... alot of TJ guys and even YJ guys do it, but it doesnt really affect me cause i dont remove my doors. Just thinking out loud. Honestly IMO XJs look better with tube doors than with no doors.
Ohh ok. Yeah they look sick with tube doors...it just seems liek somthing is missing with no doors

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 08-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #42
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

natural a/c is the way to go!
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #43
89xjchris
1998 XJ Cherokee 

ive been doorless for about 2 months and its great, just sucks in the Washington rain
can we just keep our ****ing comments to ourselves about whats a jeep and what isnt. Whether you like it or not its a jeep and he's on jeepforum. Jeeps are like boobs, some are big, some are small, some look fake and some look real, but they are still boobs so get the **** over it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyman1 View Post
Use duct tape. That always quiets the lady's down when they start kicking and screaming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterdad View Post
And remember, anything that is camo is not gay.
89xjchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 06:25 PM   #44
Starboard M

Oh no, it will fold like a taco!

Boatsides/Hybrid Cage/Tube Dash== Custom Winch Bumper== Bolt in HP44
Starboard M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 07:16 PM   #45
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

^^^ If that is yours...good job

If not...do you not see how much the dude reinforced the body? Of course it wont fold.

Quote:
-Zach

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.