Cherokee Dog Box - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Cherokee Dog Box

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
ferntr33
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Cherokee Dog Box

I have seen many threads, none with links that work. Did anyone find a dog box that wills the back trunk area with the seats up? I have a ruff tough intermediate kennel now and it fits if I undo the seatback. It pushes the seatback to almost vertical, so its better than nothing, but it wont latch. My goal is to find a 2 dog system that is 44" wide and 26" deep. I will be putting two GSP's back there.

My other idea is to chop out a section on the kennel so it will fit. I am not sure if I can plastic weld it back together. . . If someone has done this let me know as I think a lot of people would love to do this, rather than build a wood box.

ferntr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 04:42 AM   #2
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

The whole hatch is enclosed, why not just get a cargo divider and stick the dogs in the back?

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
p2y2r7o
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Agree with motorcharge, I have a gate almost exactly like this one. Works great, and keeps stuff in the back on camping trips too when i have it piled to the ceiling.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.