checking out an XJ tomorrow, thoughts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > checking out an XJ tomorrow, thoughts?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 07-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #1
sfblitz849

checking out an XJ tomorrow, thoughts?

Been a member for a while now, but havent been on since I sold my ZJ back in college. Well, the wife has always wanted an XJ and I found one I am going to go check out tomorrow. Heres the details from the ad...

1997 Jeep Cherokee XJ with 161,500 miles.
5.5" short arm lift with sway bar quick disconnects
33x12.50 tires
Custom steel front and rear bumpers
LED offroad lights
C-Rok steering box spacer
HD Offroad front frame stiffeners
HD Offroad rear shackle relocation brackets
New Spicer front balljoints
Rusty's HD steering kit with new ends
New plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and mopar thermostat
Camo headliner and sun visors
Interior carpet removed

The bad: rear hatch struts are bad, paint is typical of an offroad vehicle, and the heater core just blew.

Owner says it has some dents, dings, clink, clanks, etc. Its a lifted Jeep so I dont expect it to be perfect. He says there are no vibrations and no death wobble. Says there is no rot and minimal rust considering its a 1997 and been in the northeast all its life. I confirmed the heater core actually leaks, so its not that its just plugged up. I will probably bypass it for now then tear the dash apart and replace in the fall when it isn't as hot out to work on it. He was asking $3,100, I got him down to $2,400 if I take it this weekend. What do you all think? Assuming it runs and stops reasonably well, decent deal?

sfblitz849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2014, 04:52 PM   #2
wizardPC
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Xj prices are highly geographically dependant. Down here the asking price for that xj as described would be about $7500, and final sales price would be between 5500 and 6800.

In new Jersey it would be like $1500.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.