cheapest place for mopar crank sensor? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > cheapest place for mopar crank sensor?

December Specials at Jeephut.comROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 12-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #1
rubicon17
2012 JK Wrangler 

cheapest place for mopar crank sensor?

Doing a bunch of work on my xj, it runs great but has 230k on it. Would like to at least replace the crankshaft position sensor with another mopar one, is 56027866AC the right part number for a 98 xj auto 4.0L? I know the old saying if its not broke dont fix it but ive read so much about them going out around 100k-150k i figured its worth it if im going to start drivng it everyday again. Would the crown automotive brand be just as good? I put the part number in ebay and found some for 55 compared to 80+ for mopar. Theres also some cheap garbage ones im assuming for 15$ lol just has the same mopar part number.

Unread 12-01-2014, 05:50 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Mopar or nothing. Cheap parts are cheap for a reason. The last genuine Mopar/Jeep CPS I bought was $66 on Amazon.com. I have a spare CPS in both of my XJ's.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2014, 06:03 AM   #3
CCKen
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

MOPAR Crank Sensors are not cheap anywhere you shop.

Here's an idea of what a discount looks like.

http://stores.revolutionparts.com/mo...str=56027866AC
Unread 12-02-2014, 10:02 AM   #4
rubicon17
2012 JK Wrangler 

That one for 75 is the cheapest ive seen, i will have to keep checking amazon. I didnt think they were that much, dang!
Unread 12-02-2014, 10:41 AM   #5
tjwalker
It's the crank sensor!

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Because it is such a critical sensor, buy a genuine MOPAR crank sensor directly from Jeep.

Aftermarket crank sensors are very "hit and miss" with a lot of miss.

Worth every penny of that $75.
tjwalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #6
CCKen
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I've purchased a lot of parts from Mopar America because of the discount.

I'm a Chrysler retiree so I get a 25% discount from the local dealer, but comparing Mopar America prices + the shipping costs compared to my dealer costs + Michigan sales tax, Mopar America usually beats out the dealer.

I have noticed one thing. I ordered some rear axle u-bolts and it took forever to get them. When they did arrive they weren't in a Mopar package, but in some other package that showed a dealer as a customer. I think these u-bolts were aftermarket parts that were supplied to Chrysler. Some trickery here me thinks. At least Mopar America got them for me. My local Chrysler dealer parts guys are lazy and usually say they're not availble.

Another Mopar parts online store I use for researching part numbers is this store:

http://www.wholesalemopar.com/parts_...FRJBDQod4Dr6oA

With these folks, if I type in the parts catalog number it gives the new number for the superceded part number I plugged in. Then I go back to Mopar America and type in the new part number and the part shows up. Generally, if I put in the parts catalog number Mopar America will show no part listed.
Unread 12-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #7
mhall02
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I would like to know who the Tier 1 supplier is for the Mopar CPS. Chrysler/Mopar doesn't make its own sensors, correct? I put a Borg Warner on mine 5-6 years ago and it has been fine, they are readily available and O'reilly and Advance Auto have them in stock. If I had an extra $85 laying around I might order one to keep in the Jeep, but when it fails I know where to get one. Rockauto carries a Standard for around $40, I thought that was a good brand as well???
mhall02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2014, 12:56 PM   #8
rubicon17
2012 JK Wrangler 

Good question, thats why i was asking about the crown automotive one, they make quality parts, they are the company i think who made a new opda for the tj's iirc. If the mopar one is so great then why do they always go out on people? I dont get it!
Unread 12-02-2014, 05:46 PM   #9
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

A part manufacturer will build you any level of quality you want to pay for. The quality of many brands of replacement parts has been steadily falling, and I expect any Mopar sensor to last as long as the original factory installed sensor. The CPS is a routine maintenance item with an average service life of 125-175,000 miles. When they no longer function they need to be replaced.

Every Crown Automotive and OmixAda part I have bought was a cheap Chinese disappointment. They either fit poorly, or failed quickly, and some did both at the same time. Cheap parts are cheap for a reason.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2014, 07:56 PM   #10
pismo61
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-Tim View Post
A part manufacturer will build you any level of quality you want to pay for. The quality of many brands of replacement parts has been steadily falling, and I expect any Mopar sensor to last as long as the original factory installed sensor. The CPS is a routine maintenance item with an average service life of 125-175,000 miles. When they no longer function they need to be replaced.

Every Crown Automotive and OmixAda part I have bought was a cheap Chinese disappointment. They either fit poorly, or failed quickly, and some did both at the same time. Cheap parts are cheap for a reason.
He's right.A lot of people buy these things now a days with 100 to 200 thousnand mile on them and a part goes wrong but don't wont to pay oem prices on the worn out part.Just a thought.
Unread 12-04-2014, 09:29 AM   #11
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon17 View Post
Doing a bunch of work on my xj, it runs great but has 230k on it. Would like to at least replace the crankshaft position sensor with another mopar one, is 56027866AC the right part number for a 98 xj auto 4.0L? I know the old saying if its not broke dont fix it but ive read so much about them going out around 100k-150k i figured its worth it if im going to start drivng it everyday again. Would the crown automotive brand be just as good? I put the part number in ebay and found some for 55 compared to 80+ for mopar. Theres also some cheap garbage ones im assuming for 15$ lol just has the same mopar part number.

We carry them. We also offer free shipping and a lifetime warranty on them. Here's a link to them on our website. If you have any questions, you can PM me too.

Tony

Jeep Cherokee Crank Sensor

Click Here^^ For a Great Selection Of Auto Repair Parts
CALL TOLL FREE 866-403-3393
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2014, 01:26 PM   #12
rubicon17
2012 JK Wrangler 

What brand is that tony?
Unread 12-04-2014, 02:48 PM   #13
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon17 View Post
What brand is that tony?
They're not brand specific. We've had them for about 5 years from what I can see. Haven't had any issues with them.

Tony

Click Here^^ For a Great Selection Of Auto Repair Parts
CALL TOLL FREE 866-403-3393
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2014, 03:46 PM   #14
wizardPC
1998 XJ Cherokee 

tagged

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.