Cheapest place to buy RE6025 lift kit ??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Cheapest place to buy RE6025 lift kit ???

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
Jeeper1973
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Cheapest place to buy RE6025 lift kit ???

hey there...

any body have any ideas of where i could get a good price on a Rubicon Express 6025 lift kit for my XJ? So far 4x4groupbuy.com seems to have the best deal at $584.95 with free DT3000 shocks.... but there is $139 shipping on top of that. i've seen it online for the same price with free shipping but no free shocks. i'm also planning on getting an AA HD SYE .

Any suggestions on where i should get a quote from? i'm looking for the lowest price plus shipping to 49009 i can find...

Thanks.

Jeeper1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
Mark-96-XJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

if your gonna pay for an overpriced and IMHO not worth it lift then i guess it doesnt really matter where you buy it, right?

[CENTER][COLOR="Green"]1996 XJ 5 Speed, 100% Herculined, Rough country 4.5, BFG A/T 33's[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="DarkRed"]2012 Honda Ruckus, Stock for now, 114 MPG, Daily Rider[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/marks-highschool-build-slow-1068542/"][COLOR="Red"]96' Build[/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
Mark-96-XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
Jeeper1973
1999 XJ Cherokee 

wow... I didn't ask YOUR opinion about the lift... just where to buy it. But since YOU brought it up... i think it a good price for full leaf packs in a kit that yields at least 4" lift. I bet you bought AAL when you did your lift.... did they sag yet? how much is your kit if you add the full leaf packs when the AAL's do sag??

I really do want to know if anyone has found a good price on the RE lift... There must be a 4x4 shop that's selling it for a few bucks cheaper.
Jeeper1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 10:20 PM   #4
Adrian007
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Not to be an ***, but I kinda agree with marelmore. RE has gotten alot of bad press lately due to faulty parts and what not. But, if you want that lift, maybe try quadratec. I think right now I would go with rough country personally, But I do love my IRO kit
Adrian007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 11:58 PM   #5
hellion
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Where is this "bad press"?

I've lurked on this board off and on since 2001 when I bought my '02 TJ. Got into sports cars and took a hiatus, ended up buying an XJ three years ago and I came back on here then. RE lifts were still the bees knees, and I went with that. I've had outstanding results, one problem with some bad bushings (bad batch of poly, they can't prevent that), and customer service was on the ball getting it fixed. Even as recent as last fall, early winter everyone on here was raving about how great RE was. Everyone I've ever talked to said RC was complete and utter crap, not even just in the Jeep world or on this forum.

Look at your own review's for Christ's sake:
JeepForum.com Reviews - Complete Lift Kits

All of the RE is 3-5 stars, primarily 4 stars. The majority of the RC reviews are 3 stars.

How much of this has to do with them sponsoring this board? This is like reading gun reviews in a gun 'rag, every gun that gets rave reviews can be found on the sponsor list in the back, every thing else is "crap"

EDIT: To stay on topic, I ordered mine from jeepinoutfitters.com, not sure if they're the cheapest, but they were a great company to work with as well.

http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scri...?idproduct=219 - $585

Last edited by hellion; 08-12-2010 at 12:13 AM..
hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #6
Mark-96-XJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion View Post
Where is this "bad press"?

I've lurked on this board off and on since 2001 when I bought my '02 TJ. Got into sports cars and took a hiatus, ended up buying an XJ three years ago and I came back on here then. RE lifts were still the bees knees, and I went with that. I've had outstanding results, one problem with some bad bushings (bad batch of poly, they can't prevent that), and customer service was on the ball getting it fixed. Even as recent as last fall, early winter everyone on here was raving about how great RE was. Everyone I've ever talked to said RC was complete and utter crap, not even just in the Jeep world or on this forum.

Look at your own review's for Christ's sake:
JeepForum.com Reviews - Complete Lift Kits

All of the RE is 3-5 stars, primarily 4 stars. The majority of the RC reviews are 3 stars.

How much of this has to do with them sponsoring this board? This is like reading gun reviews in a gun 'rag, every gun that gets rave reviews can be found on the sponsor list in the back, every thing else is "crap"

EDIT: To stay on topic, I ordered mine from jeepinoutfitters.com, not sure if they're the cheapest, but they were a great company to work with as well.

JeepinOutfitters - Rubicon Express 3.5" XJ SuperRide w/leafs, RE6025 - $585
not to be an *******, A. im not trying to be an *** and say that the OP was an idiot, im just saying.

HELLION : i just read customer reviews that you posted a link to. Look at the reviews, everybodys comments are "great" and "very good lift" so i dont know where your getting your information. I have a RC 4.5 inch lift and did a lot of research before i chose RC. Everybodys reviews i read said that RE is going downhill lately. People were even saying they had damaged parts and RE would NOT replace them. Well guess what? i had parts that i MYSELF messed up and called RC and they understood and are replacing those parts. I understand if your saying in YOUR experience you had good results with RE. well im saying that most reviews were stating that RE has gone down hill in the LAST YEARS. So i dont know how active you are on Jeepforum with 10 posts or if you just dont post a lot, but you obviously haven't done your full research or are biased. im not biased because i had no views on any suspension company before i started reading reviews.
As for getting good reviews because of sponsoring? There is a 4x4 shop where i live and they are VERY HEAVILY sponsored by RUBICON EXPRESS. they will NOT install rough country lifts. i was talking to them and after awhile of talking to a mechanic NOT the front guy, he said he PERSONALLY has a rough country lift on his cherokee. He said the only reason they dont put rough country lifts on is because they're shop is not sponsored by rough country but by rubicon express and because the shop owner is a good friend with some people in RE. He even confirmed that the stuff he was seeing from RC lately was much stronger and better quality. He also said that he has replaced parts on 30 RE LIFTS IN THE PAST MONTH and 5 on ROUGH COUNTRY except the people replacing RC parts had been sent new parts FROM RC in DAYS and the people replacing RE PARTS had stated that they called RE and either were denied their warranty, or were said they would be sent parts but never got them. Just saying, Hellion, do more research on current information before you start talking about 2002...

[CENTER][COLOR="Green"]1996 XJ 5 Speed, 100% Herculined, Rough country 4.5, BFG A/T 33's[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="DarkRed"]2012 Honda Ruckus, Stock for now, 114 MPG, Daily Rider[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/marks-highschool-build-slow-1068542/"][COLOR="Red"]96' Build[/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
Mark-96-XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
kstom
1999 XJ Cherokee 

You should talk to Dirk at DPG Offroad. Great prices and a wealth of XJ knowledge! He won't steer you wrong even if you don't buy from him.
kstom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheap , help needed , lift kit

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.