Cheap Aftermarket Bumper? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Cheap Aftermarket Bumper?

Black Friday Sale!!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-30-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
Mihogan
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Cheap Aftermarket Bumper?

Hi guys. Long story short, I hit another deer tonight and am tired of constantly replacing headlights, grills, bumpers, and header panels. So I've decided that I definitely need a brush guard, but if I'm going to do this I feel that I should just take the extra leap and get an aftermarket bumper with brushguard. Unfortunately, my limit is about $500 right now. Anybody here know of a nice steel bumper that includes a brush guard? I need to save some money for the shipping and handling, and installation at a local place. Thanks guys, appreciate the help.

JCOD - Jeep Cherokee or Die!
Mihogan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2011, 12:01 AM   #2
LimeLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihogan View Post
Hi guys. Long story short, I hit another deer tonight and am tired of constantly replacing headlights, grills, bumpers, and header panels. So I've decided that I definitely need a brush guard, but if I'm going to do this I feel that I should just take the extra leap and get an aftermarket bumper with brushguard. Unfortunately, my limit is about $500 right now. Anybody here know of a nice steel bumper that includes a brush guard? I need to save some money for the shipping and handling, and installation at a local place. Thanks guys, appreciate the help.
Bam - http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/...egory_Code=XJB

Free shipping just ended yesterday.
Unread 05-31-2011, 12:17 AM   #3
ahuf
2000 XJ Cherokee 

steel

Angle Grinder $29.99 - sale $21.99

quality grinder discs $1.97 each x10 = $19.70

Welder $149.99 - sale $119.99

total so far
not including tax
not including steel

Steel - can get it from the scrap pile for roughly 36cents a pound or buy the whole shabang for about $50-$100 depends on their steel prices.

Tack weld the whole thing together and then find a local welding shop in PA.

$50 to $150 to have them weld up the bumper

Enjoy your new bumper.
ahuf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2011, 12:48 AM   #4
lilnapsak
1997 XJ Cherokee 

x2 on JCR. also dont pay for someone to install it, its very simple to install a bumper.
lilnapsak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2011, 01:05 AM   #5
DerMeister
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I have two JCR bumpers and love them. Wait for another sale. You can usually save around 20% when they have sales. The only thing is that unless you get a pre-runner bumper you will have spots where you can hit a deer and the same things but the bumper will get damaged. A lift will help with that though.
DerMeister is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2011, 06:42 AM   #6
Mihogan
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Those JCR bumpers look beautiful - and cheap! - but I was hoping to find one with the full brush guard on the front. For some strange reason, everytime I hit a deer, its on the corner or edge of my grill, so I'd like something that comes all the way up to the headlight. Anybody know of any of those? Plan on ordering this in the next few days!

I'd love to build my own, but lack the time and skill. And if they are easy to install, I'll do it myself then!

Unread 05-31-2011, 06:43 AM   #7
Mihogan
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Also, quick question. Since these bumpers obviously don't have a spot for the OEM foglights, is there some kind of way to rig aftermarket foglights to the original wiring? That way, they'd work with the factory fog light switch and I wouldn't need to re-wire them, which would make it a lot easier to convince my dad into letting me put some fogs on the bumper itself haha.

Unread 05-31-2011, 08:30 AM   #8
jrg510
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Theres the XJ winch bumper with a grill guard from custom4x4. Although it might be a little overkill and a bit more than your limit.
http://custom4x4fabrication.com/front_xj.html
jrg510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2011, 01:04 PM   #9
LimeLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihogan View Post
Also, quick question. Since these bumpers obviously don't have a spot for the OEM foglights, is there some kind of way to rig aftermarket foglights to the original wiring? That way, they'd work with the factory fog light switch and I wouldn't need to re-wire them, which would make it a lot easier to convince my dad into letting me put some fogs on the bumper itself haha.
The built in Pilot brand lights that you can get with the JCR bumpers can be wired into the OEM fog light wiring. Also, if you get a bumper with the light tabs you can just mount the OEM fog lights to those spots.
Unread 05-31-2011, 02:56 PM   #10
LDO
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm sure if you call JCR they can give you a price for a custom guard or recommend adding to the pre-runner to give you the coverage your looking for.

Can't hurt to ask...

Ordered my rocker guards this weekend and they answered all the questions I had. Can't wait to get them installed!!
LDO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2011, 03:23 PM   #11
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I got a custom recessed winch bumper from nates4x4. it was listed as $355 and it is now $430 i called nate and ask if i could pick it up since i am 30 minutes from him he gave me a great deal on price and gave the hardware kit free i payed $325 for the bumper.

JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2011, 04:53 PM   #12
lilnapsak
1997 XJ Cherokee 

arb bumper has what your looking for. but for the price you could get about 3 jcr bumpers
lilnapsak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.