Center Console Mods - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Center Console Mods

ECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 09-11-2014, 09:32 AM   #1
SmashDN
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Center Console Mods

Leaned across into the passenger seat the other day and heard plastic cracking. Console mount bracket is toast now.

Opened it up to take a look and sure enough it is in pieces. Followed the links here to the "other" jeep forum and sent that fellow a message but got no reply for a week now. Luckily I have several pieces of sheet steel at my desk at work to make a bracket. I think it is .22" thick enameling steel.

While in there I took notice of the AC/heater vent tube in there. I have already picked up some of the air bubble duct insulation stuff for going under my headliner board and thought it might not be a bad idea to insulate that plastic tube. Probably won't make a nickel's worth of difference but it will make me feel better. Also, the tube stops probably 1/4" before it makes it to the vent slots so I am going to make some kind fo flexible gasket to try and get all that air out the vents as designed.

Any other center console mods I should think about while I have it out messing with it?

SmashDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2014, 02:33 PM   #2
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Fix it for $3. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...l#post14785173

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.