Cactus Jack's NEW build thread! - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Cactus Jack's NEW build thread!

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #121
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuzeppelin View Post
Good call on cleaning that bumper up. Also really diggin the full black look, Not usually done well but yours looks good man
I try not to make it look "tacky" lol. I've always been a fan of the blacked out look.

Unread 06-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #122
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

It's been a while since my last update. I've since started a new job and haven't had a lot of time to spend with a wrench in my hand.

On the upside, I just ordered an Engo E9000 from JeepAddOnsChris. He's got a killer deal on them for $269 shipped to JeepForum members so I couldn't pass it up. The winch had great reviews and did well in torture tests I had read about. Once I get the winch, I'll be doing the install as well as installing some new lights and fabbing a light bar for the roof.
Unread 07-25-2013, 04:47 AM   #123
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, shew! I know I know, it's been a while. I haven't had much time for Jeep love lately with my new job and such but I'm finally getting settled in and will start having some more free time.

Here's what's up:

WINCH:

I've had this Engo E9000 shacked up for way too long. It's time to get it out of the box and on the Jeep. I've got a decent eBay bumper that I modified earlier in this build, so I didn't want to go out and spend $700 on another overpriced bumper.

I decided I wanted to build my own winch plate. I wanted to keep it simple, yet strong.

It'll be made out of 1/4" plate and should be pretty strong. What do you guys think of the design? I wanted to get some opinions before I put it together this weekend.

LIGHTS
I've already got a pair of cheap rectangles for the bumper. I opted to go cheap on the lights because hey, I don't wheel at night, and if I do, these lights will be more than enough for what I need. It'll be nice to have a little extra light during the snow this winter, that's about it.

I'll also have four more for the roof after I fab my roof rack cross bars. I've also been planned a switch panel for these:

Bad photo, I know. I actually have three of these switches from OTRATTW. The other one says rear roof lights which I am debating on whether or not to use.

Let me know what you guys think of the winch plate idea, I'd like to get some feedback on it.
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:19 AM   #124
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Very nice. I gotta get a winch. Your layout for the winch plate is just about exactly what I would do on my bumper.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #125
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Very nice. I gotta get a winch. Your layout for the winch plate is just about exactly what I would do on my bumper.
Yea, simple and functional is what I was going for. I'll be building it tomorrow so we'll see how it works out
Unread 07-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #126
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Engo E9000 finally installed after sitting in my house for 2 months. Time to go get stuck

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #127
Camfam07
1996 XJ Cherokee 

thats a good looking jeep! I like the simple yet still functional look you have going on here.
Camfam07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #128
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Did a little wheeling today

Unread 09-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #129
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 09-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #130
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.