Cactus Jack's NEW build thread! - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Cactus Jack's NEW build thread!

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 01-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #91
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

It's been a weekend of wheeling for me. Yesterday went to Big Rock Offroad Park in Maysville and did some mild wheeling. Nothing too crazy. Still haven't gotten any crazy action shots (sorry). I'll make sure to bring a photographer next time!

Also, went and did some goofing off with sxysouthtx today. He's sorta new to the area and wanted me to show him where to go do some wheeling. Had a good time although the rain has made everything slick as ice.

He got some good pictures too. Post em up, Rob!

Unread 01-30-2013, 04:56 AM   #92
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Finally got adj track bar, drop pitman arm, discos, and hack & tap sye on the way. Now I'm stuck.......what next? Throw some ideas at me
Unread 01-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #93
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Cowl Intake or lights, Maybe a locker? That beast is pretty stout as is man, some more mud is always good

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 05:35 AM   #94
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuzeppelin View Post
Cowl Intake or lights, Maybe a locker? That beast is pretty stout as is man, some more mud is always good
I was thinking lights, too. I found some bushwacker flares on CL for $75 nearly brand new...not sure if I like the look of them or not though. $75 is a steal so I might grab them up anyway
Unread 02-01-2013, 12:31 AM   #95
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

DO IT. Hell if you dont like them ill buy them off you for 100

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 04:45 AM   #96
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Adjustable track bar with a beefy drop bracket. Also installed some rc discos

Ground the head off and created my own puller to get these splined sway bar link bolts out

Also, fixed my "factory standard" oil leak today. Such a pain but glad I won't be seeing an oil puddle every morning
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #97
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Looking good!! That the RC doublesheer? Looks like what I ran on my last '99. I had to run a drop pitman arm to get rid of bumpsteer from how much lower it dropped the mounting point. All good otherwise!
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #98
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Looking good!! That the RC doublesheer? Looks like what I ran on my last '99. I had to run a drop pitman arm to get rid of bumpsteer from how much lower it dropped the mounting point. All good otherwise!
Yep it's the RC double shear. It actually puts the track bar less than an inch higher than the drag link so a drop pitman arm would be counter-productive in my case. (Bought one anyway, want to buy it? lol) I have very slight bump-steer but nothing to be concerned with so I'm happy. The rig drives very well now.
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #99
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Lol ok just checkin. I was running RC 4.5" coils and has noticeable bumpsteer before the pitman swap. Didnt really bother me anyway, mainly did it so I wouldnt have to hear the wife complain when she drove it haha.

The rig has come a long way man, I remember when you first posted up pics of it sunk haha. What lift height are you at now? Ive been trying to stay at 3" and 31s but it looks like Im going to be giving in to a taller lift height yet again once warm weather gets here.
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #100
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Lol ok just checkin. I was running RC 4.5" coils and has noticeable bumpsteer before the pitman swap. Didnt really bother me anyway, mainly did it so I wouldnt have to hear the wife complain when she drove it haha.

The rig has come a long way man, I remember when you first posted up pics of it sunk haha. What lift height are you at now? Ive been trying to stay at 3" and 31s but it looks like Im going to be giving in to a taller lift height yet again once warm weather gets here.
Haha yea that sucked. Sitting right about 4" with my budget boost. Been running those 33's with lots of trimming.

Sent from my MB865 using JeepForum
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #101
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus_jack View Post
Haha yea that sucked. Sitting right about 4" with my budget boost. Been running those 33's with lots of trimming.

Sent from my MB865 using JeepForum
Oh ok, I read back through and got caught up. Funny you mention powerline trails, seems to be the majority of where we explore here local when the offroad park isnt hosting a ride.

What all is in that bastard pack? It really seems to have turned out well. I built one similar with 2 s10 leafs per side and all the stock XJ leafs still in. Matched 4.5" coils perfect but I later had to pull one leaf and do shackles to soften it up. Very harsh ride. I also had new HD replacement leafs that probably contributed to that haha.
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #102
thenewguy79
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

I've been reading about 3" and 33s. What do you guys think ? Btw, great build been following in dark for a while now lol
thenewguy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #103
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
What all is in that bastard pack?
XJ main leaf on the top with a full S10 pack underneath (minus the overload leaf). Matches my 3" RC Coils and 1" spacer up front perfectly. Rides fairly decent as well.
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #104
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy79 View Post
I've been reading about 3" and 33s. What do you guys think ? Btw, great build been following in dark for a while now lol
Thanks man

3" and 33's is possible with a lot of fender trimming and bumpstops. I'm at 4" and still had to trim a significant amount to fit my 33's
Unread 02-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #105
thenewguy79
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus_jack

Thanks man

3" and 33's is possible with a lot of fender trimming and bumpstops. I'm at 4" and still had to trim a significant amount to fit my 33's
Not beyond pinch weld though?
thenewguy79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.