Cactus Jack's NEW build thread! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Cactus Jack's NEW build thread!

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 05-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #31
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus_jack
anything look different today?

Cut the front fender and undercoated rocker panels and such. Haven't done the other side yet. Ran outta time. I'll take more pictures when I do the other side to show you all how I did it.

Now....whos got a new front bumper they'd like to give away?
Looks great man but you can't have my bumper. lol.

BlueBadger is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #32
BlueBadger

We can build you one though.
Unread 05-31-2012, 10:51 PM   #33
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Didn't do a lot today other than change my oil and trans fluid. Attempted to fix my oil adapter o-ring today but couldn't get enough leverage to break the torx bolt loose. Got a bigger breaker bar today and am going to attempt it again tomorrow. Took it wheeling today on some pipelines, nothing too special since I was by myself, just some ruts and a couple of climbs.

Was planning on going to big rock in Maysville tomorrow but it's supposed to storm here all night and all day tomorrow so I doubt i'll go. Probably finish undercoating my pass. side and fix that bent fender.
Unread 05-31-2012, 10:54 PM   #34
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBadger View Post
We can build you one though.
there's an older XJ just down the street from me in front of an old weld shop that has a pretty nice aftermarket bumper that has been sitting for years. Every time I stop to ask someone about it, there's nobody there. I bet I could get it for cheap if I could only get a hold of him, lol
Unread 06-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #35
BlueBadger

Quote:

there's an older XJ just down the street from me in front of an old weld shop that has a pretty nice aftermarket bumper that has been sitting for years. Every time I stop to ask someone about it, there's nobody there. I bet I could get it for cheap if I could only get a hold of him, lol
Keep trying buddy. And take a pic of it.
Unread 06-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #36
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

no freakin' way I just won those lights! I never win anything that's crazy! lol. What to do??? hmm......
Unread 06-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #37
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus_jack View Post
no freakin' way I just won those lights! I never win anything that's crazy! lol. What to do??? hmm......
Sell them to me at a bargain deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #38
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Sell them to me at a bargain deal.
haha you never know, I might end up doing that if I can't figure out what to do with them.
Unread 06-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #39
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus_jack View Post
haha you never know, I might end up doing that if I can't figure out what to do with them.
I'll be waiting. I was going to go HID but there is a legality issue there. These are just so expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2012, 05:53 AM   #40
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well, had an interesting day yesterday. Took it out to the trails for the first time and wouldn't ya know, something happened...

I was NOT happy at this point. Engine hydrolocked, interior full of water, and jeep stuck in mucky, sandy crap. We eventually get it to this point:

At this point, there was no pulling left. It doesn't look like it but the front right tire is buried in the sand. All we had were fourwheelers and side-by-sides to pull and weren't getting anywhere fast.

While I was gone getting oil, my buddy pulled plugs and shot the water out of the pistons and got it started long enough to drive it onto dry land and shut it off. Changed the oil and drove it 30 miles home. What a beast of an engine these jeeps have, I was so impressed.

Sorry I don't have anymore pictures, I was going to take some but then this issue occurred, lol. All in all it was a blast and I had a good time. Going to change all my fluids today and do a tune up. Looks like I'll be ripping out my carpet soon, lol.
Unread 06-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #41
BlueBadger

Glad it turned out ok. But were you trying to play down periscope? Lol I nearly had mine this bad once. The only thing that saved me was rock, paper, scissors to see who got to go first. I lost. My buddy won but wound up like you. So I guess I actually won in the end. How bad is the inside?
Unread 06-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #42
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBadger View Post
Glad it turned out ok. But were you trying to play down periscope? Lol I nearly had mine this bad once. The only thing that saved me was rock, paper, scissors to see who got to go first. I lost. My buddy won but wound up like you. So I guess I actually won in the end. How bad is the inside?
its pretty rough. Going to tear the carpet out tomorrow so it doesn't start to stink. It's airing out right now, lol
Unread 06-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #43
BlueBadger

Quote:

its pretty rough. Going to tear the carpet out tomorrow so it doesn't start to stink. It's airing out right now, lol
That's a bad deal buddy. I had to tear mine out after driving doorless in rain. It took a day or two for it to air out so your in for a wait. Then It started to stink and that was just rain. So i hope it all works out for you.
Unread 06-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #44
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

one of the first things i did with my jeep was pulled the carpet and ripped out all that padding. that is what holds the water. did the same thing with last jeep. i soaked the drivers floor a couple times and just shop vac-ed as much as i could and cracked the windows and the next day it was good at new. i like the idea of no carpet, but i also like the factory look and feel of carpet lol jeep looks good!!! what did u use to cut fenders?

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #45
jeeplesjeeper
1998 XJ Cherokee 

swamped it on the first time lol time to rip everything out lol i gotta do the same thing too
jeeplesjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.