buying advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > buying advice

Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 99551 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved d

Unread 07-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
WheelinCowboy
1989 XJ Cherokee 

buying advice

Hey guys. i have a friend who is selling his 89 cherokee and I'm considering buying it. I've never owned one of these Jeeps so i thought I'd get some feedback.

1989 Cherokee with the inline 6. 4 door, 4x4, leather interior, body and paint in great shape, recently replaced tires, all stock. 270k miles. He did change the cooling system to an open system. Also the front drive shaft needs minor repair so it is currently removed from the vehicle. He uses it as his daily driver.

He is asking $1300. I'd this a good deal? my wife and i are planning a 2000 mile road trip and my friend said he wouldnt have a second thought about taking this keep on the trip.

Thanks for your feedback in advance

Unread 07-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
Nick05
1987 MJ Comanche 

how well maintained has it been in those 270k miles? any major work done to it? personally, if i was just gonna get one for backup, i would jump all over it and figure the quirks out as i could. you can probably get a used driveshaft at a jy for a good price til you can get that one fixed for a spare.
Nick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
WheelinCowboy
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Its been very well maintained. no major work. The guy selling it also has an 87 and does all his own work. Has never taken them to a mechanic and they are both used as daily drivers for him and his son. He's a friend so i trust him. Took it for a spin today and it runs great. It also has the dana 44 in the rear.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.