Buy or no Buy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Buy or no Buy

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-06-2014, 07:10 AM   #1
vkkaliki

Buy or no Buy

Hey everyone!

I am trying to enter the world of Jeep and am looking for some professional advice. I've been looking for a 2 door XJ for a loooong time. I have just always loved those long back windows.

I found this guy http://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/4589874884.html. It has about 198,000 miles and the guy just replaced the crankshaft positioning sensor. I drove it and it seems to have a lot of slack in the wheel and the speedo is very ambitious. 4wd and low gearing all work well.

Im just looking for some advice regarding things to look out for. If 2500 is a good offer.

Thanks guys! i can't wait to became a part of the group.

vkkaliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2014, 12:22 PM   #2
WhammyXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

My 4dr 99 XJ cost $2200 with 201k on the clock. I think the cost is a bit high.
_(o))_____(o))--o-))
WhammyXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2014, 03:19 PM   #3
vkkaliki

Thanks!
vkkaliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2014, 11:57 PM   #4
sweryap
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhammyXJ View Post
My 4dr 99 XJ cost $2200 with 201k on the clock. I think the cost is a bit high.
And my 98 w/ 135k cost me less than that. It's all relative.

The 2 door is unique, looks clean and if it's in a price range you are happy with it's not a bad deal in my opinion.
sweryap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2014, 06:00 PM   #5
citRon
1996 XJ Cherokee 

climb under it and POKE! Check the floors all the way up the foot-wells near the front tires, and the spots just above where the rear leafs bolt in. This is where the rust holes will be.
If it has been maintained, that's not a bad price for around here- but offer low, maybe 2k and go from there. Keep in mind that 2 doors are not too common.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.