broken trackbar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > broken trackbar

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 05-30-2009, 01:18 AM   #1
wes97
1998 XJ Cherokee 

broken trackbar

Ive read a few threads about rustys trackbars breaking while driving. i was always concerned because i have one, so i ordered an ironrock doulble sheer earlier this week. well just my luck, while driving home from wheeling today my rustys bar breaks today!! good thing the iro is on its way. rustys sucks, never buy there trackbar.

wes97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 01:49 AM   #2
ep191
1998 XJ Cherokee 

awesome story please tell again
ep191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 07:47 AM   #3
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

What breaks on them? just curious. It would seem like if they had a problem that they would correct it sometime soon. They claim their trac-bars are "NEW & IMPROVED – BIGGER & BETTER" is that recent, or do they still suck.
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 07:55 AM   #4
01ClassicXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kettles View Post
What breaks on them? just curious. It would seem like if they had a problem that they would correct it sometime soon. They claim their trac-bars are "NEW & IMPROVED – BIGGER & BETTER" is that recent, or do they still suck.
They snap at the tie rod end.
01ClassicXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 10:17 AM   #5
wes97
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ep191 View Post
awesome story please tell again
if your trying to be an *** because my grammer wasnt perfect i was tired from a long day of wheeling and flatbeding my rig home.
Unread 05-30-2009, 10:18 AM   #6
wes97
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0hnb0y1989 View Post
They snap at the tie rod end.

actually the whole threaded bung the tre goes into snapped off the bar. nothing wrong with the tre itself
Unread 05-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #7
01ClassicXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

i was just giving a general area and i have a IRO double shear just waiting to be put on its a nice track bar.
01ClassicXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 12:42 PM   #8
MGrobe
Man In Black

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Wondering if you were the original purchaser of the Rusty track-bar? If so how old is it? Part of the reason I am asking is when you hear of Rusty track-bar issues nowdays, it's hard to determine if it is happening on his new and improved setup or on the older one.

Cracking a welded-bung off isn't a common complaint for Rusty's track-bar as it generally is the threaded portion of the TRE that snaps. On some other Rusty's products like LCA's there has been here and there reports of bad welds, but this might be the first for a track-bar... At least that I can remember off the top of my head.

All in all sounds like you and your Jeep escaped injury, which is most important.
- JeepForum Rules - Become a Premium Member or Vendor
For Sale: (4) AR 767-5766 Wheels (used) 15x7, 5x4.5, 4.5BS - for local pickup in the Chicago-area
MGrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2009, 12:59 AM   #9
wes97
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGrobe View Post
Wondering if you were the original purchaser of the Rusty track-bar? If so how old is it? Part of the reason I am asking is when you hear of Rusty track-bar issues nowdays, it's hard to determine if it is happening on his new and improved setup or on the older one.

Cracking a welded-bung off isn't a common complaint for Rusty's track-bar as it generally is the threaded portion of the TRE that snaps. On some other Rusty's products like LCA's there has been here and there reports of bad welds, but this might be the first for a track-bar... At least that I can remember off the top of my head.

All in all sounds like you and your Jeep escaped injury, which is most important.

i am not the original purchaser of the trackbar. and its about 2 years old. i myself have never seen/heard of the bungs breaking off, mine was the first.
Unread 05-31-2009, 01:01 AM   #10
wes97
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0hnb0y1989 View Post
i was just giving a general area and i have a IRO double shear just waiting to be put on its a nice track bar.

thats what i went with, just put it on today and am really happy with it. alot more hd than the crap rustys trackbar
Unread 05-31-2009, 04:47 AM   #11
MGrobe
Man In Black

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes97 View Post
i am not the original purchaser of the trackbar. and its about 2 years old. i myself have never seen/heard of the bungs breaking off, mine was the first.
Thanks for the reply, I'll have to store this in my memory somewhere.
- JeepForum Rules - Become a Premium Member or Vendor
For Sale: (4) AR 767-5766 Wheels (used) 15x7, 5x4.5, 4.5BS - for local pickup in the Chicago-area
MGrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2009, 08:31 PM   #12
jeepxjadam
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes97 View Post
if your trying to be an *** because my grammer wasnt perfect i was tired from a long day of wheeling and flatbeding my rig home.
i still havnt got a thank you for letting you use my AAA card and calling them for you..
jeepxjadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2009, 05:58 AM   #13
wes97
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepxjadam View Post
i still havnt got a thank you for letting you use my AAA card and calling them for you..

i thanked you by sending you naked pictures of women on your cellphone
Unread 06-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #14
jeepxjadam
1999 XJ Cherokee 

you only sent one.
jeepxjadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #15
jearp
1994 XJ Cherokee 

i want one to.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.