Boxosaurus build... - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Boxosaurus build...

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Closed Thread
Unread 01-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #241
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Suffolk, Virginia
Posts: 2,771
What leafs did you pull?

Also did you have to let them sit?

Sent from Grammar Nazi Camp

MattBillyTayloe is offline  
Unread 01-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #242
Luke95
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Plymouth, CT
Posts: 3,431
S10s and yes they settled to around 4 inches.
Im going to take out a leaf its to tall in back but I like it for the $ it cost the same as a add a leaf but it last a lot longer.
Rides kinda harsh.
__________________
Resident XJ lowlife. 35 general reds on 3inches of lift.
Luke95 is offline  
Unread 01-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #243
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Suffolk, Virginia
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95
S10s and yes they settled to around 4 inches.
Im going to take out a leaf its to tall in back but I like it for the $ it cost the same as a add a leaf but it last a lot longer.
Rides kinda harsh.
That's what stepdad told me about bastard packing. That it will ride like a mofo log truck

Sent from Grammar Nazi Camp
MattBillyTayloe is offline  
Unread 01-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #244
Luke95
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Plymouth, CT
Posts: 3,431
I wouldn't say that. More like a 3/4 ton and its all in the rear shocks haha I have none right now.
__________________
Resident XJ lowlife. 35 general reds on 3inches of lift.
Luke95 is offline  
Unread 01-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #245
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Suffolk, Virginia
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95
I wouldn't say that. More like a 3/4 ton and its all in the rear shocks haha I have none right now.
Me either, I may do a bastard pack, I need to get my hands on s10 springs and a torque wrench,

Sent from Grammar Nazi Camp
MattBillyTayloe is offline  
Unread 01-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #246
straightsixjeep
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ks
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBillyTayloe View Post
Me either, I may do a bastard pack, I need to get my hands on s10 springs and a torque wrench,

Sent from Grammar Nazi Camp
If I had to do it again Id go with a shackle relocation kit with an extended shackle
straightsixjeep is offline  
Unread 01-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #247
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Suffolk, Virginia
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep

If I had to do it again Id go with a shackle relocation kit with an extended shackle
I'm not trying to get into anything like that yet

Sent from Grammar Nazi Camp
MattBillyTayloe is offline  
Unread 01-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #248
Luke95
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Plymouth, CT
Posts: 3,431
If I could do it again id go with the main leafs and the second leafs from the S10 and then shackle relocation brackets!
__________________
Resident XJ lowlife. 35 general reds on 3inches of lift.
Luke95 is offline  
Unread 01-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #249
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Suffolk, Virginia
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95
If I could do it again id go with the main leafs and the second leafs from the S10 and then shackle relocation brackets!
What did you do to your xj?

Sent from Grammar Nazi Camp
MattBillyTayloe is offline  
Unread 01-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #250
RedRyderXJ
Registered User
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Carrollton, GA
Posts: 609
Shackles for sure... Flexes a lot better
RedRyderXJ is offline  
Unread 01-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #251
Luke95
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Plymouth, CT
Posts: 3,431
Bastard packs
Love them but the shackle angle blows.
__________________
Resident XJ lowlife. 35 general reds on 3inches of lift.
Luke95 is offline  
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #252
straightsixjeep
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ks
Posts: 2,183
Fewer thinner leafs provides the most flex when discussing leaf packs. I ended up doing an RC 3in aal in my crown hd leaf packs with oem shackles. Its a stiff ride for sure but the jk rubi shocks add to the stiffness. Doing a 1.5in shackle with the RC shackle relocation which adds another 1.5in, you could keep your stock leaf packs, flex like mad, and it will be smooth on the road. These are cool as well but Im not sure if it adds height to your lift - http://www.liquidironindustries.com/...cat=351&page=1
straightsixjeep is offline  
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #253
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Suffolk, Virginia
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep
Fewer thinner leafs provides the most flex when discussing leaf packs. I ended up doing an RC 3in aal in my crown hd leaf packs with oem shackles. Its a stiff ride for sure but the jk rubi shocks add to the stiffness. Doing a 1.5in shackle with the RC shackle relocation which adds another 1.5in, you could keep your stock leaf packs, flex like mad, and it will be smooth on the road. These are cool as well but Im not sure if it adds height to your lift - http://www.liquidironindustries.com/...cat=351&page=1
I was thinking find a used set if stock leafs an aal not sure yet

Sent from Grammar Nazi Camp
MattBillyTayloe is offline  
Unread 01-13-2013, 10:39 PM   #254
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Suffolk, Virginia
Posts: 2,771
Lets just say today was eventful bumpers done. Didn't use side pieces to the pre runner yet because they block the turn signal and I'm not use if its a big deal or not

Sent from Grammar Nazi Camp
image-622089949.jpg   image-128192988.jpg   image-1738402756.jpg   image-1308866999.jpg   image-2208774275.jpg  

image-2278786502.jpg   image-2639505187.jpg   image-1696711164.jpg   image-2660379891.jpg   image-2927541026.jpg  

MattBillyTayloe is offline  
Unread 01-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #255
AmmitOsiris
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brentwood, California
Posts: 3,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbillytayloe View Post
lets just say today was eventful bumpers done. Didn't use side pieces to the pre runner yet because they block the turn signal and i'm not use if its a big deal or not

Sent from grammar nazi camp
ghey
AmmitOsiris is offline  




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.