Boxosaurus build... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Boxosaurus build...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Closed Thread
Unread 08-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBillyTayloe View Post
They say when they look at the front at an angle it looks mean like its growling it's a boxosaurus!
Welcome to my unnecessarily long build. It's mostly bsing and then some random tech. .!..!.

Well ive had it for about a year now, and ive done a lot to it since I got it.
Here she was when I first got her

image-4167580911.jpg

My 1999 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0 inline 6. Roughly 4" of lift (I think that's what I measured) sitting on 32x11.50x15 BFG all terrains.

My dad got it for me when I was 15, not sure how much, 1,500 I think I remember, 195,xxx miles, slight rear main seal leak, White hatch, an the rear passenger door was black, tinted windows and all.

Well first I got two new tires so I could pass inspection, I just stuck with the BFG A/T's.

She needed some body work so my dad took it to a family friend "peanut" as we call him. He fixed it up, got the hatch and everything sitting right. Primered it do we could take it to get painted.

image-3482351896.jpg

Took it to Maaco to get it painted up nice

image-683057923.jpg

Put a new muffler

image-249535615.jpg

Because I was a dum bass I waited until after it was painted to get the plastic siding ***** black agian. Well we bought some kind of Stuff that sponges out and it turned out okay, looked a hell of a lot better than when I got it.

Along the way I experimented with many subwoofers and amps but now.. I blew everything I had so I'm just rocking the pioneers I put in the sound bar along with whatever the PO put up front.

There was a big gap between me actually doing anything with it well mostly because of school. But I did put a light bar on it with some ****ty lights, learned how to wire things up pretty good through trial and error.

Took it mudding for the first time with my buddy and his moms Nissan.
it sat pretty on 33's with mud tread but It got stuck and I didn't. He learned not to stick his head out the window while in reverse and ended up with a big black eye. Lmao

image-2685272116.jpg

Yeah, it was a PITA to clean if you were wondering. So much my was left in my drive way after that adventure... Needless to say my dad was pissed.

image-2063970659.jpg  
MattBillyTayloe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #2
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Recently I've done a lot more over the summer, we had to replace the whole brake set up in the rear because I let it ride way to long. I was unaware of the wear that was going Init down there. I wish I had pics, you would be amazed.
Anyway recently i picked up this rack from a kid I know, it was mounted on a ford explorer so I have to buy the mounts. I'm guessing it's a safari rack, So when I actually get mounts that's what I will be buying.

image-2477916439.jpg

image-3905624049.jpg

And well yeah, I sat it up there too see what it would look like. It needs to be repainted before its put on the xj though.

Recently me and my buddy discovers poly dip... And we are coating anything we can think of with it. I did my grille yesterday..

image-2508854576.jpg

And my rims today. This is by far my favorite thing ive done.. It turned the whole jeep around. Maybe because I love black and hate chrome. I don't know. All I know is that it is sexy

image-2107879120.jpg

image-3276769242.jpg

And I did get a new radio sometime or another but I can't seem to find a picture.

And if your wondering where it got its name "night Krawler" well my buddy named it for me and it just kinda stuck. He said its because of all the lights, (4 on the bar and 4 on the future rack.) and because I'm always sneaking out to get my girlfriend late at night.

Soo future mods.. Many. My headliner has decided to fail on my recently do that will probably be next, I have made plans and a cardboard model for a front bumper just have to find time to make it happen, and I'm sure more things will Come too me, he'll that's part of having a jeep. I will try to keep you guys posted. As of now she's sitting pretty just like this

image-2823664074.jpg

And if you can't tell that window tint is DARK. The windows matched all the way around. But within the first week of having my license I got a ticket for it. Screw VA and their tint laws.
Unread 08-09-2012, 12:18 AM   #3
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBillyTayloe View Post
Took it mudding for the first time with my buddy and his moms Nissan.
it sat pretty on 33's with mud tread but It got stuck and I didn't. He learned not to stick his head out the window while in reverse and ended up with a big black eye. Lmao
black-eyed pic ftw
You have a Surco Safari rack. Gutter mounts available here Surco rack mounts, or you could get the mounts for attaching it to your stock roof rails.
Good looking XJ there, treat her well.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Enter your jeep in the ROctober Cherokee Of The Month contest!!
chris87xj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 08:07 AM   #4
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj

black-eyed pic ftw
You have a Surco Safari rack. Gutter mounts available here Surco rack mounts, or you could get the mounts for attaching it to your stock roof rails.
Good looking XJ there, treat her well.
Thanks man and I will try
Unread 08-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Painted my stock "fender flares" black with that poly dip spray. Looked 10x better
image-2126985238.jpg   image-2323138968.jpg  
Unread 08-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
McChillen
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Those fenders look great in black!
McChillen is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McChillen
Those fenders look great in black!
Thanks man!! I thought so too,
Unread 08-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #8
castorriver
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Nice build. It's such a pita to clean my YJ after a mud run its almost not worth it. I usually leave it a mess for a week or two til I get down to business. Next time wash it in the yard and leave the mud where it belongs. Lol
Registered Nurse Jeep Club Member #1 (I think...)

Verse 36: And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
castorriver is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #9
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by castorriver
Nice build. It's such a pita to clean my YJ after a mud run its almost not worth it. I usually leave it a mess for a week or two til I get down to business. Next time wash it in the yard and leave the mud where it belongs. Lol
Hell next time I'm going to one of those drive in pressure washers lol
Unread 08-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #10
QXj97
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Looks good i think all jeepers need to have a carwash in there backyard lol
QXj97 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #11
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QXj97
Looks good i think all jeepers need to have a carwash in there backyard lol
Itsgould come with the jeep, at least a pressure wash, drive through car washes would take our lights and antennaes off.
Unread 09-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #12
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

It's been a while but I've done some work. Lol, alright, I tried to mount 6x9s in the soundbar in the back. This is how it turned out...

image-1560611954.jpg

Yeah complete ****. Okay, my headliner was sagging so I decided it was time I tear it's he headliner out and fix both problems. I redid my headliner and designed a box to mount to the roof. When I did the headliner I just chopped off the about 15" in the back that had that molded soundbar.

image-1190520845.jpg

Did my headliner with some gray carpet and it looks great. Matched the interior flawelessly IMO.
Well the box. Was a pita to build but I got it all done and mounted in about 4 days. THANK YOU 8pitcher FOR THE MOUNTING IDEA.

image-3628130534.jpg

image-3089565327.jpg

Then my mom helped me carpet it because she is into sewing and I knew it would look like **** If I did it myself. this is how it turned out.

image-490591395.jpg

image-3776228859.jpg

Looks great and sounds even better. Before I couldn't even tell my little pioneers were back there. Now I even have a little bass,

Sent from somewhere your can can't go
image-292076346.jpg  
Unread 09-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #13
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Also, I mounted some cheapo platinum burners on the stock bumper. I also went a little crazy with some flourescent green spray paint and painted my track bar light covers etc.

image-916874579.jpg

image-3063969459.jpg

Also did angry eyes.

image-668204868.jpg

Probably my favorite thing I've done. It looks so mean lol.

image-1559089140.jpg

All the lights on in this pic. I got stuck in a ditch that same night. Little brother and sister went wheelin with me that night and got scared when I told them that I was going to have to leave them and get help. But because she was right down the road and had a suburban and I had a strap I called my mom to pull me out.

I've made plans for a bumper which should be built soon, I'm building this bumper

image-3181232301.jpg

With this hoop

image-710905365.jpg

image-353230125.jpg   image-3894019534.jpg  
Unread 09-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #14
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry, when I add a lot of picks it gets a little mixed up, buy a couple I took today

image-674609508.jpg   image-4060689657.jpg   image-476880467.jpg   image-1299385259.jpg  
Unread 09-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #15
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Only things I'm worried about not are my bumpers and might buy some quick discos. Also have to get it inspected this month but nbd.

Sent from somewhere you can't go
Closed Thread

Tags
thisthreadsucks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.