Bought a pair of wheel spacers, having buyers remorse need some imput - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Bought a pair of wheel spacers, having buyers remorse need some imput

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Body Mounted Tire CarrierBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Ki

Unread 01-22-2015, 07:57 PM   #1
bigjoe347

Bought a pair of wheel spacers, having buyers remorse need some imput

I put a pair of wheel spacers on the jeep and I think I went overkill on it and regret buying them in concern of the lugs. I went full bore with 2" for the wide stance which feels great on road but fear for breaking lugs off road.

Would like some input on the wheel spacers and would like some info on people who have had them and had issues or not, Leave me a comment on your opinion, all responses are appreciated.

- Bought 2" wheels spacers
- Fear for lugs breaking off roading

bigjoe347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2015, 08:27 PM   #2
Tkahne88
1994 YJ Wrangler 

what kind of spacers did you buy?
Ive got 2" spacers as well but mine are hubcentric and wheel centric. I am not worried much though because my wheel offset isn't much more than the average jeep with 15" wide tires. now if you have wide stance rims and spacers then I would begin to worry, or if the spacers aren't fit to the hub and rim.
Unread 01-22-2015, 08:42 PM   #3
Teej
Do you even Luke95?

2001 XJ Cherokee 

As long as you have proper thread engagement, you're not going to break them. They're just as strong, if not stronger than the stock hubs.

Instagram: @tj_chciuk

CoTM March 2014
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2015, 09:02 AM   #4
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Just make sure you torque them proper and check from time to time. Locktite is your friens and keep an eye on your unit bearings - they'll go before your lugs break in half.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2015, 11:39 AM   #5
Teej
Do you even Luke95?

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Just make sure you torque them proper and check from time to time. Locktite is your friens and keep an eye on your unit bearings - they'll go before your lugs break in half.
I wouldn't loctite spacers because that can give inaccurate torque readings. As long as they're torqued around 90 ft-lbs, they'll be fine.

CoTM March 2014
Unread 01-23-2015, 11:50 AM   #6
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
I wouldn't loctite spacers because that can give inaccurate torque readings. As long as they're torqued around 90 ft-lbs, they'll be fine.
I see what you're saying - but I've had spacers on my WK for 30K+ miles. Torqued just under spec, locktite, check 'em about every tire rotation. Zero problems from any of them. DDing, wheelin, towing..........none of my lugs have snapped off.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2015, 12:05 PM   #7
Teej
Do you even Luke95?

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
I see what you're saying - but I've had spacers on my WK for 30K+ miles. Torqued just under spec, locktite, check 'em about every tire rotation. Zero problems from any of them. DDing, wheelin, towing..........none of my lugs have snapped off.
Same here but I go a bit over torque and with no loctite.

CoTM March 2014
Unread 01-23-2015, 11:15 PM   #8
bigjoe347

Thanks to all of you on reassuring my purchase. A lot of people are against them, I love the aggressive look, I love the feel of the jeep and have to do some mod on the bumper before next off road trip
bigjoe347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.