body mods - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > body mods

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
cntryboyn00
1997 XJ Cherokee 

body mods

I have a 97 xj sport and i want to chop the roof so i was wondering if anyone knows if any half doors from other jeeps would fit and if any tailgates would fit.

cntryboyn00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
MattyQ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryboyn00 View Post
I have a 97 xj sport and i want to chop the roof so i was wondering if anyone knows if any half doors from other jeeps would fit and if any tailgates would fit.
Do you plan on putting a cage in when you chop the roof off? The roof is a structural part of the vehicle.
MattyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
cntryboyn00
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Yes i do. i would like to get one made but a kit wouldnt be to bad. i found a few that i might use around 1k.
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Comanche tailgate works with a little work. As for half doors, soft CJ7/YJ doors should work with a little bit of modification assuming you have a 4 door. Other than that you can only get aftermarket doors or make your own half doors.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
cntryboyn00
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I do in fact have a four door. any Idea on the years? im not afraid of a little mod to make them fit. im actually looking forward to it. just trying to see whats out there I can use.
Unread 06-14-2013, 04:28 AM   #6
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Any years, door openings never changed. Getting them on is just a matter of making two small adapters for the different hinge styles.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.