The Blue Wolf XJ Build Thread - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > The Blue Wolf XJ Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 04-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #106
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowill View Post
Nice man. Any pics of the finished long arm setup?
No I was waiting for all the parts. Now im selling my Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2doorxj View Post
Id rather be built on 33s, than underbuilt on 35s. I have never run 35s, but supposedly the capability difference between the two in negligible.

That being said, stay on 33s
I would run 35" KM2's.. so 34's. AKA best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
^^ this, when my jeep gets rebuilt, its going to still be on 35s but lower..but im only going back to 35s because its already setup and trimmed for them. 35s are to much work. when i get the time, im going to order gears and weld my 8.25 and call it good til something goes boom and upgrade at that time
Dont weld the 8.25. Your gonna wear your tires down in the rear so fast. There is a guy up here I wheel with and all his tires wear like ****.

97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2011, 02:26 AM   #107
MCObray

Selling your Jeep for? I love the look and the direction that your Jeep was heading for.
Unread 05-09-2011, 03:21 AM   #108
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
No I was waiting for all the parts. Now im selling my Jeep.

I would run 35" KM2's.. so 34's. AKA best of both worlds

Dont weld the 8.25. Your gonna wear your tires down in the rear so fast. There is a guy up here I wheel with and all his tires wear like ****.
it will be a trail rig
Unread 05-17-2011, 01:15 AM   #109
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCObray View Post
Selling your Jeep for? I love the look and the direction that your Jeep was heading for.
Selling my Jeep for a TJ

Im looking for something with a frame and thats already built. I was pretty close to building my XJ too. Bumpers were almost on order, axles almost ready to go in, LA's, 35's.. but in the end its still got a unibody :
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
Unread 05-17-2011, 01:18 AM   #110
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Selling my Jeep for a TJ

Im looking for something with a frame and thats already built. I was pretty close to building my XJ too. Bumpers were almost on order, axles almost ready to go in, LA's, 35's.. but in the end its still got a unibody :
I feel like there's plenty of guys that wheel their **** harder than piss and don't have an issue with the unibody aspect
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. It’s a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, we’re a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2011, 01:20 AM   #111
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger_Wagon View Post
I feel like there's plenty of guys that wheel their **** harder than piss and don't have an issue with the unibody aspect
Yes i know that, but id rather sell the XJ and buy a built rig that i can mash! I would have to dump so much money into the XJ to get it on their level. Plus here in Reno, you cant go wrong with the top and doors off... And im only 40 min from the Con and fordyce, so I think this summer i want a Trail Ready rig.
Unread 05-17-2011, 01:22 AM   #112
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Yes i know that, but id rather sell the XJ and buy a built rig that i can mash! I would have to dump so much money into the XJ to get it on their level. Plus here in Reno, you cant go wrong with the top and doors off... And im only 40 min from the Con and fordyce, so I think this summer i want a Trail Ready rig.
I guess I understand that, but it just doesn't make sense to me because I'd probably only get 3k out of my XJ and would have to drop another 4-8k into getting a decently nice TJ. 4k into my XJ and I'd have a rig ready for just about anything.
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. It’s a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, we’re a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Unread 05-17-2011, 01:24 AM   #113
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I guess I understand that, but it just doesn't make sense to me because I'd probably only get 3k out of my XJ and would have to drop another 4-8k into getting a decently nice TJ. 4k into my XJ and I'd have a rig ready for just about anything.
The market is a little better over here. Ive got pretty low miles and its in good condition. Im pretty sure i could get 5,500 for it. Almost positive. Then i dump 4k into a TJ already built with low miles and im set to go. Only thing i have to spend money on is keeping it running and fixing parts.
Unread 05-17-2011, 01:25 AM   #114
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
The market is a little better over here. Ive got pretty low miles and its in good condition. Im pretty sure i could get 5,500 for it. Almost positive. Then i dump 4k into a TJ already built with low miles and im set to go. Only thing i have to spend money on is keeping it running and fixing parts.
I wish I had 4k $
Unread 05-17-2011, 01:26 AM   #115
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I wish I had 4k $
gotta love loans.
Unread 05-17-2011, 01:29 AM   #116
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
gotta love loans.
I'm a cash in the shoebox kind of guy, cash is king I'm driving this pile until the wheels fall off. Then maybe it'll be TJ time. I have a feeling a unibody 4 door Jeep will always be in my garage, though. The XJ is just too practical in college. Coming back home from school yesterday my buddy had to pack half of his dorm in my XJ because he couldn't fit diddly squat in his TJ
Unread 05-17-2011, 01:30 AM   #117
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm a cash in the shoebox kind of guy, cash is king I'm driving this pile until the wheels fall off. Then maybe it'll be TJ time. I have a feeling a unibody 4 door Jeep will always be in my garage, though. The XJ is just too practical in college. Coming back home from school yesterday my buddy had to pack half of his dorm in my XJ because he couldn't fit diddly squat in his TJ
I did fit my whole life in my XJ when i moved outa the dorms. But im pretty sure i could have squeezed it in the TJ.
Unread 05-17-2011, 01:31 AM   #118
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I did fit my whole life in my XJ when i moved outa the dorms. But im pretty sure i could have squeezed it in the TJ.
I sure as hell know we couldn't fit all 8 of our fishing poles in my buddy's TJ with the top on
Unread 05-17-2011, 01:41 AM   #119
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I sure as hell know we couldn't fit all 8 of our fishing poles in my buddy's TJ with the top on
open the soft top back window just a little bit?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.