The Blue Wolf XJ Build Thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > The Blue Wolf XJ Build Thread

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #76
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHoover View Post
Very nice Jeep! I may get an XJ as a companion to my YJ one day. Yours is a great example of what i would want to build it as
Thank you.. I like what i have done with it! Its a fairly cheap set-up and still wheels with the big dogs

97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #77
nameless
1988 MJ Comanche 

very nice jeep, can't wait to see it one of these days, but a couple of words of wisdom

GET DAT BISH UP TO RENO

you know we like to have fun wheelin

reno4x4.com
nameless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2010, 06:48 PM   #78
Pacifier
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Nice looking XJ.

[url]WWW.DIEGOSDEALS.COM[/url]
BUY, SALE & TRADE ANYTHING 4x4
Pacifier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #79
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless View Post
very nice jeep, can't wait to see it one of these days, but a couple of words of wisdom

GET DAT BISH UP TO RENO

you know we like to have fun wheelin
It'll be up second semester!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifier View Post
Nice looking XJ.
Thank you! got big plans for it!!
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
Unread 11-17-2010, 01:24 AM   #80
spenzod
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Sick jeep dude
Unread 12-01-2010, 04:55 PM   #81
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Finally hit 120K!!!!

I will be buying RC LA's, RE 5.5 coils, RC 2 inch shackles and an SYE in the next few weeks... Let the build begin!
Unread 12-02-2010, 02:19 AM   #82
spenzod
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
Finally hit 120K!!!!

I will be buying RC LA's, RE 5.5 coils, RC 2 inch shackles and an SYE in the next few weeks... Let the build begin!
We have the exact same mileage! haha

Flow me some parts money too
Unread 12-13-2010, 12:58 AM   #83
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got my Currie Steering on! THIS STUFF IS BEEF!!!!

huge difference in tie-rods:

comparison:

Steering Off:

Beefy Currie Steering ON:

extremely easy to install! Direct Bolt on and only took an hour!
Unread 12-20-2010, 12:46 AM   #84
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Went Snow Wheeling yesterday with some guys from Jeepforum. Had a blast!

STUCK!

It twas a great day, except for the fact my check engine light came on. It came on after i got pulled out. I was shifting through the gears, Drive, reverse, park, drive, reverse, park. As you can tell a lot of snow got stuck under my engine. Well i got unstuck, helped some other guys get unstuck, then i started my Jeep and it started really hard (almost as of it was about to die) then my check engine light came on and the temp gauge went from 210 to like 140. I drove it home and it finally made it to 210, but the engine light never turned off. Any ideas?
Unread 12-20-2010, 12:55 AM   #85
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

thats the only thing im gonna miss about not having a hatch anymore is keeping in heat lol..when my tps was going, it did the same hard start. my CEL has been on for like the past 2 years lol. it because a tree branch caught my o2 sensor wires and ripped them in half..
Unread 12-20-2010, 12:57 AM   #86
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like good times. You must of went uphill, lots of snow difference between the first pic and last.
Is that a little elf peeing beside your right headlight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
Went Snow Wheeling yesterday with some guys from Jeepforum. Had a blast!

It twas a great day, except for the fact my check engine light came on. It came on after i got pulled out. I was shifting through the gears, Drive, reverse, park, drive, reverse, park. As you can tell a lot of snow got stuck under my engine. Well i got unstuck, helped some other guys get unstuck, then i started my Jeep and it started really hard (almost as of it was about to die) then my check engine light came on and the temp gauge went from 210 to like 140. I drove it home and it finally made it to 210, but the engine light never turned off. Any ideas?
hmm, first off I'd probably let it thaw out good and disconnect the battery to see if it resets the fault.
chris87xj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2010, 01:03 AM   #87
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
Looks like good times. You must of went uphill, lots of snow difference between the first pic and last.
Is that a little elf peeing beside your right headlight?

We aired down there..so yes, we went up the hill a ways!!!

hmm, first off I'd probably let it thaw out good and disconnect the battery to see if it resets the fault.
Its been sitting in my garage all day, ill probably disconnect the battery tomorrow. My LA's arrive tomorrow as well. My biggest question now is: Do i run 33's or 35's? (keep in mind i dont have money to re-gear right now)
Unread 12-20-2010, 01:08 AM   #88
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

33's are pretty rockin and hold good resale value used if you gear down before wearing out. I don't think I'd like 35's on stock gearing.
Unread 12-20-2010, 01:10 AM   #89
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
33's are pretty rockin and hold good resale value used if you gear up before wearing out. I don't think I'd like 35's on stock gearing.
Sounds good. I was thinking just some 33" KM2's. And since people seem to be upgrading to 33's im sure i wouldnt have a hard time selling them. Plus i need to get used to having LA's and 5 inches of lift.
Unread 12-20-2010, 01:19 AM   #90
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

yeah and at 5" you'd need some heavy bumpstopping to keep from rubbing 35's pretty hard under flex. didn't realize you were growing so tall.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.