The Blue Wolf XJ Build Thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > The Blue Wolf XJ Build Thread

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 08-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #31
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajxj9197 View Post
hey i posted that post haha. I like the front skid, im slightly partial to the "angry eyes". i have seen them on TJ's not XJ's so im not sure yet.
desert metal has them on his jeep. i think they look cool.. but you know how cherokee lights are... i dont know if i want to get rid of that much light.

97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2009, 02:20 AM   #32
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

then put more lights on! problem solved :P
ajxj9197 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #33
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
then put more lights on! problem solved :P
haha. if i had the money i would buy a light bar.. but i dont. so i ordered my cragar soft 8;s today. and im picking up some pro-comp shocks next week (the guy at 4 wheel parts said they were the best for the small price) and i couldnt find any answers on JF cause everybody said either skyjacker or pro-comp. then once i get the wheels im getting my tires mounted. so my jeep is getting ready to get lifted. =)
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
Unread 08-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #34
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

oh and finally MY 1 K POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now to buy myself a membership
Unread 08-13-2009, 10:33 PM   #35
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
alright guys. im gna be making a junk yard run soon... but i photoshopped a picture of somebody's jeep off the forum. do you like the idea with the headlights and shark tooth skid?
i might try the angry eyes once i retint my blinkers... if i do ill post it up.

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2009, 10:13 PM   #36
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

ok. so since im putting my lift on next weekend... i wanted to get a louder exhaust.. but i def dont have the money for a flowmaster super 44 + turn down. so im thinking just cutting the pipe right off the muffler?? or is that to much of a fire hazard
Unread 09-06-2009, 10:03 PM   #37
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

WELL THE LIFT IS ON!!!!
pic heavy!!
The Lift:

so we woke up at 8 on saturday. drove about 30min to 4wheelparts to pick up my 4 31" PRO-COMP Xtreme Mud-terrains and 4 PRO-COMP 3000 shocks front and back. then we took the tires and Cragar Soft 8 rims to American Tire CO. to get the tires mounted and balanced.

^^ it seems like they used a lot of weights when they balanced this... is this too many? should i go get new tires?

anyway so we get them balanced and head home and start on the lift.

it took us about 6 hours to do the front end. including going to get a spring compressor. but overall didnt break anything and went smoothly..

^^ my dad. i have to say thanks to him because he made this possible. without him i would have still been working on the front... thanks dad i learned alot.

so sunday we woke up and started the back. that took us about 4 hours.
Overall the build went great... would have been nice if we did it a little faster but hey. we never broke a or stripped a bolt..

here are some finished pictures.. im going to take some more 2moro with better lighting and a wash!

Unread 09-12-2009, 12:17 AM   #38
JeepDoo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet man you finally got the lift on, bet it feels good. I remember that first drive when everything else looks lower than usual. And yeah spring compressors are a must. First couple times i tweaked my suspension i didnt have them and it took all night, one of my most useful tool purchases.

We'll get to try everything out Sunday, lookin forward to it.
We've got too many gangsters doin dirty deeds. Too much corruption and crime in the street. It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground. Send them all to their maker and he'll settle them down. - Toby Keith & Willie Nelson

[URL="http://www.norcaljeepers.net/forum/"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]NOR CAL JEEPERS FORUM[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/sound-system-upgrades-speakers-amps-what-you-need-know-964324/"]Want to hear the music in your TJ, look no further...[/URL]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"][B]Longboard Drunk, Jeep Naked, Ski Powder[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]and finish calculus homework[/SIZE][/COLOR]
JeepDoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2009, 12:19 AM   #39
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDoo View Post
Sweet man you finally got the lift on, bet it feels good. I remember that first drive when everything else looks lower than usual. And yeah spring compressors are a must. First couple times i tweaked my suspension i didnt have them and it took all night, one of my most useful tool purchases.

We'll get to try everything out Sunday, lookin forward to it.
yea i need to tighten some stuff up before i go... although im not gna push it to hard sunday cause it is my DD
Unread 09-12-2009, 02:54 AM   #40
JeepDoo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
yea i need to tighten some stuff up before i go... although im not gna push it to hard sunday cause it is my DD
Well its kinda difficult to push it hard at PC anyway, but thats my plan every time i go out. I haven't broken anything offroading yet and i wanna keep it that way.

Nuff chat back to the build thread, switching to nor cal forum... now
We've got too many gangsters doin dirty deeds. Too much corruption and crime in the street. It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground. Send them all to their maker and he'll settle them down. - Toby Keith & Willie Nelson

[URL="http://www.norcaljeepers.net/forum/"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]NOR CAL JEEPERS FORUM[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/sound-system-upgrades-speakers-amps-what-you-need-know-964324/"]Want to hear the music in your TJ, look no further...[/URL]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"][B]Longboard Drunk, Jeep Naked, Ski Powder[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]and finish calculus homework[/SIZE][/COLOR]
JeepDoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2009, 11:34 AM   #41
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

wow those tires look nice. Good to see that lift on. i really gotta get on that haha
ajxj9197 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #42
T4STE
1996 XJ Cherokee 

recovery points are a must imo. looks great btw.

my build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/9...thread-634491/
T4STE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2009, 11:38 AM   #43
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
wow those tires look nice. Good to see that lift on. i really gotta get on that haha
thats what she said

Lift looks great man! Thats good that your dad could help ya. My dad knows absolutely nothing about working on vehicles lol.

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #44
jdhughes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Looks good man, I relly like the tires you got, they just look good. How do they ride so far?
jdhughes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #45
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

thanks guys for the compliments. the tires ride amazing. VERY quite, handle good. they tend to float a little because they arent that hard of a compistion. they grip rocks like no other. ill be testing them in the snow hopefully in the next month. and with snow comes mud. so i can test it out in that also.

next mod is prob either gna be recovery hooks, or new sound system. im thinking recovery is way more important though

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.