Haha I'm just looking to clear 31s with no rubbing or trimming. I was looking through my old build and saw pictures of my blue Jeep on 31s and decided it was the perfect balance between daily driving and weekend wheeling.
Yet another similarity in our build paths lol. My 01 was setup for DD duty, with a 3inch on 31s, no BS cutting n hacking. I am trying to make my 98 a slightly improved copy of my 01. Heres the 01, saggy add a leaf n all.
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
July '13 and '14 COTM - '88 MJ Pioneer -
Build In Progress - '04 Sierra Z71 Crew Cab -
It is a little tweaked but with the help of a giant adjustable wrench and some backbreaking pulls I managed to get it straight enough so that I could bolt it on. I guess the Jeep it came off of was rear ended but I'm not sure. At one point I was pulling on a wrench and it popped off the nut and busted me straight in the face, my mouth and front tooth was bleeding a little. Whatever, it's on there and I will heal. Glad to be done with it though. Recovery points are finished!
Looks good man i just skimmed through the pages any idea on lift plans higher? Just coil spaced?
It doesn't have a lift at all right now, however we started the lift yesterday and should have it done soon.
Tough Country 3.5" coil springs
Old Man Emu 2" medium duty leaf springs
Rough Country 1.5-2" shackles
Skyjacker track bar bracket for 2-4" lifts
Crown Automotive bushings
Tough Country E-Z Ride shocks
Zone Off Road transfer case drop
Black Diamond greasable lower control arms
Crown Auto extended rear stainless braided brake line
Every bolt on the passenger side came out perfectly, even the upper shock bolts
Threads are good
The factory springs still have good arch and came out without having to be cut, I'm going to put them on craigslist and see if I have any luck selling them
The driver's side was a pain in the ***. I had to cut the leaf spring bolts and both upper shock bolts broke. Still no where near as bad as my last XJ. The weld nuts inside the frame rail were still ok though.
I had hammered this new bolt into the shackle and through the new bushing sleeve, only to realize that it just wasn't going to work. Then I couldn't get it out because I had hammered it in so hard, so I had to waste time drilling it out then using a punch to force it through.
Finished with the front, almost. The bolts on the frame side of the LCAs will simply not come out, so tomorrow I'm going to cut them out and get some new ones from Lowes. So the only things left to do is get the new LCAs in, get the old sway bar links off, and drop the transfer case (still need bolts for that too).