biggn235's XJ Sport build II - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > biggn235's XJ Sport build II

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Reply
Unread 10-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #166
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Taylors, South Carolina
Posts: 1,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggn235 View Post
Richland Rd, our usual local stomping ground haha. My roommate is the one making all the plans, he just told me to be there.
true that! We need plan Uwharrie trip before they close this season.

__________________
'01 XJ, HP44, D60, 106" WB & 37" Blues
COTM July 2012, COTM November 2014
Build Thread

OffroadSC
Rockdrummer93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #167
biggn235
DAS Man
 
biggn235's Avatar
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hotels, USA
Posts: 1,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdrummer93 View Post
true that! We need plan Uwharrie trip before they close this season.
They're talking about planning one in November in the North Carolina section, for me it's just going to depend on money and school.

I would definitely be down for another trip though. Even though I do need tires something fierce haha.
__________________
94XJ - Toy - Build Thread
13FF - Daily Driver

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2012, 11:19 PM   #168
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Taylors, South Carolina
Posts: 1,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggn235 View Post
They're talking about planning one in November in the North Carolina section, for me it's just going to depend on money and school.

I would definitely be down for another trip though. Even though I do need tires something fierce haha.
I was thinking about going sometime in November too. and for tires I actually have a set of 33s on black moabs Im trying to get rid of. they are all terrains but basically new.
__________________
'01 XJ, HP44, D60, 106" WB & 37" Blues
COTM July 2012, COTM November 2014
Build Thread

OffroadSC
Rockdrummer93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2012, 11:29 PM   #169
biggn235
DAS Man
 
biggn235's Avatar
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hotels, USA
Posts: 1,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdrummer93 View Post
I was thinking about going sometime in November too. and for tires I actually have a set of 33s on black moabs Im trying to get rid of. they are all terrains but basically new.
Oh yeah? I am definitely in need of new ones, and I've been debating between 31s again or 33s with trimmed fenders (I swore I wouldn't do that this time but the Jeep bug is a real *****), what kind of ATs are they?
__________________
94XJ - Toy - Build Thread
13FF - Daily Driver

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2012, 11:31 PM   #170
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Taylors, South Carolina
Posts: 1,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggn235

Oh yeah? I am definitely in need of new ones, and I've been debating between 31s again or 33s with trimmed fenders (I swore I wouldn't do that this time but the Jeep bug is a real *****), what kind of ATs are they?
They are Nitto terra grapplers with less then 5k on them and its a set of 5

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
'01 XJ, HP44, D60, 106" WB & 37" Blues
COTM July 2012, COTM November 2014
Build Thread

OffroadSC
Rockdrummer93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2012, 11:36 PM   #171
biggn235
DAS Man
 
biggn235's Avatar
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hotels, USA
Posts: 1,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdrummer93 View Post
They are Nitto terra grapplers with less then 5k on them and its a set of 5

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
If you haven't sold them by the time I save up some money I'll hit you up about them. I don't know when that will be though so don't hold them for me haha.
__________________
94XJ - Toy - Build Thread
13FF - Daily Driver

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2012, 11:40 PM   #172
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Taylors, South Carolina
Posts: 1,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggn235

If you haven't sold them by the time I save up some money I'll hit you up about them. I don't know when that will be though so don't hold them for me haha.
Haha ok. Here's the Craigslist link for a little more info and pictures.

http://greenville.craigslist.org/pts/3350593979.html

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
'01 XJ, HP44, D60, 106" WB & 37" Blues
COTM July 2012, COTM November 2014
Build Thread

OffroadSC
Rockdrummer93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #173
biggn235
DAS Man
 
biggn235's Avatar
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hotels, USA
Posts: 1,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdrummer93 View Post
Haha ok. Here's the Craigslist link for a little more info and pictures.

http://greenville.craigslist.org/pts/3350593979.html

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Alright sweet. I must admit you are not helping me with my 31s to 33s dilemma haha
__________________
94XJ - Toy - Build Thread
13FF - Daily Driver

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2012, 11:54 PM   #174
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Taylors, South Carolina
Posts: 1,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggn235

Alright sweet. I must admit you are not helping me with my 31s to 33s dilemma haha
Haha what's the dilemma? Bigger is better! How much lift you at now?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
'01 XJ, HP44, D60, 106" WB & 37" Blues
COTM July 2012, COTM November 2014
Build Thread

OffroadSC
Rockdrummer93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2012, 12:10 AM   #175
biggn235
DAS Man
 
biggn235's Avatar
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hotels, USA
Posts: 1,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdrummer93 View Post
Haha what's the dilemma? Bigger is better! How much lift you at now?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
I only sold my last XJ that was on 33s so that I could get another and keep it smaller for better DD usage and stop dumping money into parts. Now I'm on the verge of doing the same thing again haha. After bigger tires I'll want gears and lockers and steering and long arms and bumpers and a winch and a carrier and a rack etc etc etc. It never ends!

I'm at 4.5" in the front now and a little over 5" in the rear.
__________________
94XJ - Toy - Build Thread
13FF - Daily Driver

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #176
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Taylors, South Carolina
Posts: 1,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggn235 View Post
I only sold my last XJ that was on 33s so that I could get another and keep it smaller for better DD usage and stop dumping money into parts. Now I'm on the verge of doing the same thing again haha. After bigger tires I'll want gears and lockers and steering and long arms and bumpers and a winch and a carrier and a rack etc etc etc. It never ends!

I'm at 4.5" in the front now and a little over 5" in the rear.
hmm I see.. Well I personally think that you'll be fine but in the end its you decision. Here's a picture from when I borrowed them from my dad for a little bit. Same tires on about 4.5-5".

__________________
'01 XJ, HP44, D60, 106" WB & 37" Blues
COTM July 2012, COTM November 2014
Build Thread

OffroadSC
Rockdrummer93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #177
biggn235
DAS Man
 
biggn235's Avatar
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hotels, USA
Posts: 1,456
We shall see
__________________
94XJ - Toy - Build Thread
13FF - Daily Driver

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #178
biggn235
DAS Man
 
biggn235's Avatar
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hotels, USA
Posts: 1,456
The Jeep got a major workout today. My roommate and I met up with a new guy that has just moved up here and went wheeling. While we were wheeling I stuffed the front tire so far into the wheel well that not only did it pop the fender flare completely off but it was bending the sheet metal out, so I'm going to have to look into a proper bumpstop setup. I also bent my CB antenna bracket pretty good when I backed into a tree. Accidentally got myself into an extremely sketchy off camber predicament and got stuck there. I had to wrap a tow strap around the driver side front tire since it was up in the air, by doing that I was able to reel myself in because the other end of the tow rope was wrapped around a tree. Then while crawling over some big river rocks I hit my front differential so hard on one that the Jeep came to a complete stop and I came up out of the seat. I also got the opportunity to pull a couple of stuck TJs (muhaha) a couple of times.

Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of any of this. My camera is dead and no one else had one. But it was a great day.
__________________
94XJ - Toy - Build Thread
13FF - Daily Driver

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #179
biggn235
DAS Man
 
biggn235's Avatar
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hotels, USA
Posts: 1,456
The snow has started. They are calling for another 5" tomorrow and a little more on Wednesday. Tomorrow I will be taking a drive up to the top of the ridge and see how much snow is up top.



__________________
94XJ - Toy - Build Thread
13FF - Daily Driver

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #180
Luke95
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Plymouth, CT
Posts: 4,029
So much for stock.....
Love the build!
__________________
Resident XJ lowlife. 35 general reds on 3inches of lift.
Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.