I found another shackle in my grandfather's workshop that fits my receiver, so I put that on to give it that off road look haha. I had to grind it down a little to get it to fit but after a coat of paint you can't even tell.
And I decided to remove my back window stickers because I've realized that I like the clean look better.
Worked on the Jeep a little this week. Washed it, changed the oil, put a bigger bolt in the track bar bracket and tightened it as best as I can, and I took my drums apart and cleaned all the dirt out of them so they would stop squealing. It makes a big difference when all 4 brakes work instead of just the fronts.
I still need to replace my motor mounts. I have them but I keep screwing around and still haven't done it yet. And I am going to have to get an adjustable track bar to get rid of this bracket before it completely breaks and kills me. Not sure which one I want yet, looking at the Rough Country, Rubicon Express, and IRO options.
Finally got my new motor mounts in. It's a straight forward job but it is a pain just because you are working in such a cramped space.
Old mounts vs the new one in the center, they definitely were not that bad, but you can see how they have been squished and are starting to crack.
Also trimmed my bumper caps a little, no more rubbing for me.
Ordered my adjustable track bar today, should have that on by next weekend. I also took some measurements and decided that I am going to add my 1" spacer to the front at the same time I replace the track bar. Should help level it out pretty good and give my fender flares a break since they eat the tire every time I flex it out.
Quick tip- If you are looking to replace your motor mounts in the future and you have a transfer case drop, I recommend taking it off first and lining the driveline back up to its factory position, that way the bolts come out and go in easier. I thought to do this before starting and didn't run into any problems. Reinstall the drop after you are done replacing the mounts.