Big Blue 98 Limited build(Slow) - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Big Blue 98 Limited build(Slow)

Black Rhino Off Road Wheels + Free ShippingThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #31
jeeplesjeeper
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedx95 View Post
there aren't even inspections here in florida
If you can look nice without losing any capability, why not. Plus, it keeps the **** out of the cabin, (unless your a high class wheeler with A/C.....)
Not saying not to trim, just saying bolt the flares higher up when your done trimming
Ima A/c wheeler and im proud of it

jeeplesjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 11:12 AM   #32
fedx95
1993 XJ Cherokee 

lol. If you go to your local custom rims and audio shop, they sometimes have a whole box full of wheel lock keys. My friend lost his, and they happened to have one layin around.
fedx95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 11:13 AM   #33
fedx95
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I used to be an A/C wheeler, but then it started overheating lol. One of the reasons I might replace my cherokee
Unread 12-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #34
Spokes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

jeep looks good dude! im wiht everyone else, that is a clean XJ i would have trouble cutting it up.. but at the same time i cut up my 60th an. ed.

i would try and sell the wheels and just buy black ones, odds are painting them wont come out to nice since they are polished. if your were closer i would be interested in the wheels. what would you want for them? soon me a reasonable offer and i might buy them off yeah and than u can just get some black m/t classics..

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 05:36 PM   #35
jeeplesjeeper
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
jeep looks good dude! im wiht everyone else, that is a clean XJ i would have trouble cutting it up.. but at the same time i cut up my 60th an. ed.

i would try and sell the wheels and just buy black ones, odds are painting them wont come out to nice since they are polished. if your were closer i would be interested in the wheels. what would you want for them? soon me a reasonable offer and i might buy them off yeah and than u can just get some black m/t classics..
Thanks! i love how clean it is too, but i just don't like all the plastic covering everything! Yea i was thinking about ether selling them or painting but im not a skilled painter soo idk how that would turn out ill shoot yea a pm
Unread 12-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #36
1slosvt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Man, that thing is nice. Personally I'm really against cutting it up. I'd have to gave some kind of flare on it at the least. As for painting the wheels, I'm against that too. Black won't get you back. Lol. If you're planning on selling them I'd think it'd be hard to do with them painted black.
1slosvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 10:55 AM   #37
jeeplesjeeper
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosvt View Post
Man, that thing is nice. Personally I'm really against cutting it up. I'd have to gave some kind of flare on it at the least. As for painting the wheels, I'm against that too. Black won't get you back. Lol. If you're planning on selling them I'd think it'd be hard to do with them painted black.
sorry man its going to be done ahaha, and with the wheels im not going to paint them im probs just going to sell them and buy some soft 8's or D windows
Unread 12-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #38
jeeplesjeeper
1998 XJ Cherokee 

the last pic i just poseted of it in the snow, the rear flares are off and the bumper caps also
Unread 12-30-2011, 08:24 AM   #39
fedx95
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Looks way better with the flares. I again say, cut your fenders, and relocate the flares higher up. This way you get look, and performance, and mud snow out of the cabin. You want to see what your wheels look like black, here ya go. And if you get new wheels, Black MT Classics are real nice, my friend has them on a JK on 37s. Don't buy d windows or soft 8s, that would be sacrilege to that jeep. Get some nice wheels. Cragars are just cheap and strong and heavy.
img_8197.jpg  
Unread 12-30-2011, 08:27 AM   #40
fedx95
1993 XJ Cherokee 

And your front bumper is going to look retarded without some kind of flare
Unread 12-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #41
jeeplesjeeper
1998 XJ Cherokee 

thanks for the photoshop! i really think its going to look really nice with black wheels, idk what kind im going to get yet but im defently going to get some soon. and about the bumper im thinking about selling it and getting a lighter less bulky bumper.....like a jcr one
Unread 12-30-2011, 11:03 PM   #42
fedx95
1993 XJ Cherokee 

no problem. I like your jeep a lot. It is very similar to what mine would look like if I had better funding. Look into the black MT classics, they look sick. Yes, If you really need to remove your flares, a low profile bumper would do the trick. I would take that bumper off you but $$$ is not in excess. If you want some other little photoshop stuff p.m. me. That last one was a real quick one (aka jagged edges). But yeah...
Unread 12-31-2011, 01:17 AM   #43
02greytj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

man those crome wheels look nice on that limited!
Unread 01-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #44
jeeplesjeeper
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedx95 View Post
no problem. I like your jeep a lot. It is very similar to what mine would look like if I had better funding. Look into the black MT classics, they look sick. Yes, If you really need to remove your flares, a low profile bumper would do the trick. I would take that bumper off you but $$$ is not in excess. If you want some other little photoshop stuff p.m. me. That last one was a real quick one (aka jagged edges). But yeah...
ahaha thanks yea i will look in to them, im still deciding what to do for wheels, bumpers, and a longarm upgrade
Unread 01-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #45
jeeplesjeeper
1998 XJ Cherokee 

plans
*wear my tires out as fast as possible to get new ones ahahahahah
*buy goodyear kevlars 35's
*Some kind of black wheel
*Bed line trim-floor-inside of doors-and any other rust spots
*trim fenders
*C-rok rearbumper
*Jcr tail light boxes
*Get some kind of longarm system
*Sell Bumper get somthing lighter less bulky....Jcr probs
--------------------------------
future stuff
*4:56 gears
*new axle shafts
*currie steering system
*t&t stiffeners
*some kind of axle upgrade

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.