Beware! Do not do business with Logans Metal Products! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Beware! Do not do business with Logans Metal Products!

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 08-28-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
duncan-d
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Beware! Do not do business with Logans Metal Products!

Im not sure if this is the rights forum to be placing my comments but i just wanted to get them out there. I have been in the process of a build on my 98 Cherokee. After spending numerous hours on the internet looking at bumpers i decided to go with Logans Metal Products. The design is nice and very cost affordable. The problem is i would rather have spent the extra money and gone with Hanson bumpers after the problems i had dealing with them. First of all i had troubles reaching them starting a week after i had placed my order for the bumpers. Leaving messages and sending e mails i had very little success reaching them. I was told three to four weeks and i would have the product. Three months later i had still not recieved either of my bumpers let alone a phone call from logans informing me of the delay. Finally i reached Jamie who notified me that there had be a problem with shipping costs and they were trying to ship them via fedex so they would not have to pay extra using USPS. I finally recieve my bumpers and and the powder coating is scratched and there is a huge dent in my front bumper. I call Jamie to notify her and she assures me a claim will filed with fedex and i should be recieving some money back. This process was supposed to take three weeks. After the three weeks i call Logans and leave a message. I get no response. Then i call fedex to see where my claim is at and become aware of the fact that Logans has not filed a Claim on my damaged bumpers. After 21 days the recipient of a product can not file a claim. This amount of time had already passed and i needed Jamie to file the claim so i could recieve so compensation for the damages. 5 emails, about 15 voice messages and three months later i still have not herd from them. Seeing as i live in Canada there is not much i can do but keep calling and inform others of the problems i had with Logans Metal Products. The worst costomer service i have ever had and just an awful experience all around. Spend the extra money and deal with a reputable company. Logans Metal products is a joke!

duncan-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I always search a company out these days...
http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f9/buye...roducts-55361/
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/l...s-them-981924/

Just the first couple that came up.
Sorry to hear about your issue, I would be cancelling the order for sure. If they treat you like that now, what will they do if there is another problem?

Martin
2000 4.7 4WD WJ with a rebuilt motor.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/swap-offically-underway-324622/

Years to gain the hands on experience, and offer it freely.
Minutes to gain the knowledge from the internet, and quote it just as freely.
Choose wisely!
leftlanetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 08:10 PM   #3
YJSXJ
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I am sorry to hear about your misfortune, But there is a lesson to be learned here. Look at how many others have Logan products. Not too many. But from what I hear lately, JCR is also going down the pooper, But I personally have never had a bad experience.

Bruiser -- 93 XJ Sport. 9.5" lift on 35"" Claws, Locked front & Rear, and some other crap. Rolled it
Cruiser -- 1998 XJ Classic. 3" RC lift. 32" Kuhmo Ventures. Sold it
1999 WJ Limited V8. 4" Mix-n-Match Lift. Nothing special.
YJSXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #4
duncan-d
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I looked to see if they were apart of the better business bureau in the States but does not look like it. Is there any other means of recourse?
duncan-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 05:00 PM   #5
shredknar

I too recently ordered a bumper and also am getting the run around. First time talking to them I say I want to have it ASAP so that I can use it for what is left of the wheeling year. Jamie told me they would send it out Monday and she would send me the tracking number. I finally get ahold of her the following Friday, saying there was a problem with the welder or something and it would be sent out the following Monday and now I cannot get ahold of anyone. No one answers the phone or calls back. As well as no email responses. When you drop $750 on a bumper, no matter if it is a large or small business, You expect some decent business practices from the company. I understand it has only been close to three weeks but I am already quite frustrated with the company.
shredknar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #6
jeepin ruby
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I feel your pain. Logans is local to me and I still won't deal with them after hearing horror storys about their service. So I went with AJs and am still waiting on my bumper even though I was supposed to have it 2 months ago. The ONE time I got a responce they said I'd have it in two weeks... That was over a month ago. I guess you just can't win... This is how people run their shops now a days...

My build...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-01-xj-784959/
jeepin ruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
BarryB
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Credit Card Payment - CANCEL IT. Already have the product, dispute the charge.

Barry
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #8
shredknar

So far it has been 3 weeks today with the bumper suppose to have been leaving on last Monday. I was told she would email me the tracking number and now I'm at another point where getting ahold of anyone is impossible. I want my bumper so bad haha
shredknar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #9
bdodge
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Thats strange, I have a logans front bumper, and I didn't have any problems. It came about a week after I ordered it. Of course I bought it off of their ebay store maybe that had something to do with it. I also ordered raw steel since I work in a body shop I painted it myself.
97' Cherokee sport 2 DR / 4.0 Power Tech, 5 spd MAN, Command trac / Dana M30/181MM front axel, Corporate 8.25 rear axel / 6.5" Bastard lift, 31X10.5 Daytona futura's on Cragar 15X8 soft 8's, Logans Metals Front winch bumper, Flowmaster super 44, Magnoflow high flow cat
bdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 11:50 PM   #10
riplock

logansmetals4x4

Im having similar problems, been waiting two months now for my bumper.

It was sposed to be my Xmas present from my wife.. So disappointing. We had planned to do a three week trip over xmas, which had to be canned as winching points were a requirement of this trip. (bumper required)The whole family was let down.

I wished Id checked on this forum first. I have no doubt they are of very good quality, but when you are told it will be delivered in 10 days you come to expect that. After two months and no sign, no answering of phone calls no replies to emails. Very disappointing. anyone got a physical address for this outfit ??
riplock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #11
mikey_13
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry to hear guys. They`re products do look good, it`s a shame about the **** customer service.
Unread 01-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #12
Brookhart63
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the heads up. What awful service.
[QUOTE=Driver831;13076990]Say what you want, a Dana 30 held up 53"s for a good while[/QUOTE]

My 3" to 4.5" to full width build-> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/brookhart63-build-thread-1224726/[/url]
Brookhart63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #13
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riplock View Post
Im having similar problems, been waiting two months now for my bumper.

It was sposed to be my Xmas present from my wife.. So disappointing. We had planned to do a three week trip over xmas, which had to be canned as winching points were a requirement of this trip. (bumper required)The whole family was let down.

I wished Id checked on this forum first. I have no doubt they are of very good quality, but when you are told it will be delivered in 10 days you come to expect that. After two months and no sign, no answering of phone calls no replies to emails. Very disappointing. anyone got a physical address for this outfit ??
If you do a reverse phone look-up on White Pages, it appears that they are located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, but does not give an exactl address though. Maybe I can try to e-mail them and find out what the address is since they havnen't talked to me before hahahaha! Sorry to hear all of your problems though....
Unread 01-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #14
Snoopi8321
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I made the mistake of buying their bumper. As far as the product I really like the bumper it sturdy and gives pretty good approach angle. However I would not do business with them again EVER! The customer service is f***ing awful. They told me 7-10 days and I'd have the bumper. 6 weeks, dozens of phone calls/emails, and a demand for refund later I had my bumper. I was told during whole process that my bumper had been shipped on three different dates and none were right date. In short nice bumper crappy service. Don't buy there unless you like getting enraged to the point of popping an eye blood vessel.

[URL="http://http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153/lifted-locked-xj-1361274/"]http://http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153/lifted-locked-xj-1361274/[/URL]
Snoopi8321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #15
evoGibson
1998 XJ Cherokee 

there shop is 15 minutesfrom my house, and everytme i stop by, its closed up.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.