Betty build thread XJ 2001 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Betty build thread XJ 2001

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-05-2013, 06:11 AM   #16
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Hood spacer and some vents would be the cheapest and most effective for the cost imo.

I would consider e-fan down the road (I have to do this as well).

Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #17
FleXJeep37
2001 XJ Cherokee 

New Muffler

Just dropped in the DynoMax Super Turbo 17731.

This is a Wrangler part I found a mod on the forum thats cheaper with the same performance specs.

DynoMax 17731 $50
4 - (2 1/4in) clamps $12
2 - 2.25 ID/2.25 OD Adapters $7

Paid $70 for this bolt on and kept the stock tail pipe. I was quoted $400 with parts and labor before but since I knew they were full of BS. I decided to go this route.

FleXJeep37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #18
FleXJeep37
2001 XJ Cherokee 

New wheels and tires!

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Imag...67-add1-lg.jpg

Getting these babies in a couple weeks from Quadratec. Great deal! 4 wheels and tires mounted and balanced! Cant wait so I can hit up some trails!
Unread 10-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #19
FleXJeep37
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Upgraded

Nice. Just stumbled across a better deal at 4WD.com

Ended up going with the 5 wheel package 33x12.5x15 complete with center caps and lugs for $1318.00

Quadratec was only offering 4 wheels and tires for $1250.00 at 31x10.5x15 with no lugs. Plus they were backordered for 3 weeks already. Wheel package from 4WD shipped yesterday!

For an extra $68 dollars I got a full sized spare and upgraded the tire size. Sweet! cant wait!
Unread 11-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #20
FleXJeep37
2001 XJ Cherokee 

33s finally got here!

Unread 11-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #21
FleXJeep37
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Rubbing

So i thought with 4.5 inches of lift plus the fenders trimmed I wouldnt have any rubbing issues. I have 3.5bs and when I turn hard either direction im rubbing on the inside lower part of the fender well. I took a BAH and pounded it up in the meantime.

Will I have to trim more past the first crease? If so does anyone have any write up on how they did theirs. I pretty much know how to approach it, but just wondering what other people did.

My steer bump stops are set pretty good and they dont rub on the control arms at all so i know that not the issue.

What do you guys think?
Unread 11-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #22
FleXJeep37
2001 XJ Cherokee 

before and after

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.