Betty build thread XJ 2001 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Betty build thread XJ 2001

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
FleXJeep37
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Betty build thread XJ 2001

So I guess im going to start my build thread. I been wanting to start one of these for a while now. So here it goes. Hope you guys like it.

The day I brought her home!

Painted Wheels Black

Steering Upgrade and New Steering Damper

Made My Own Discos

New Skyjacker 0-3inch Hydros - Drive Safe Yallz

3 Inch RC lift

Removed Corners and Cut Bumper - Also Cut and Fold Fenders

Drop Shackles 1-2 inches and 1.5 spacer. She now sits at 4.5 since the rear sags a bit and i set it at 2 inches on the shackles. Cant wait to get my 4.5 leafpack

Had to remove bumper and cut holes to make sure i soaked the nut and bolts through the inside so i wouldnt ruin the welded nut and be SOL!!

With My Buddies Shaggin Waggon

Last edited by FleXJeep37; 03-15-2013 at 11:40 PM..
FleXJeep37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
MOBBiN

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Looks good so far
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
FleXJeep37
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Diff fluids and drum brake overhaul!

I recently cleaned and painted my Chrysler 8.25. I think it had a leak so I scraped the old gasket and now she looks all pretty. I had a leak from the wheel cylinder in the passenger side drum. No wonder I was loosing fluid and couldn't figure out where it was leaking from. When I removed the drum it looked like mud! New left side brake line. The old one broke when I was removing it from the wheel cylinder. Makes me feel safer knowing I have new shoes drums hardware and cylinders back there.

Now that I look at these pics I can tell I need to cut my u bolts down a bit so i dont mess anything up when I flex.
Working in the snow while I did this was not fun but it had to be done since the gargage was occupied.
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #4
Saul32
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

Betty is coming along. I remember the day you picked her up. Remember you were too ******* impatient to wait for me to come with and headed out to the ****ing dealers.. and ended up at the wrong one but when I saw you drive her up I was really impressed. I helped with the rear lift and pulled her *** outta a mud pit the size of a meteor crater a few months back. Its been fun so far. Can't wait to see whats next

Ps. Both our trucks need new TIRES n WHEELS... Agnes looks super lame with those 31's and Bettys 31's are bald!!!
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #5
FleXJeep37
2001 XJ Cherokee 

33s for sure

Haha yeah. If it wasnt for you I wouldnt have betty! That day made me nervous winching out tied to my rear axel! Gotta get my hitch back on! Too funny when you winched out that Yukon tard with no spare and he blew out his tire! That day was fun! Cant wait to hit up BK tomorrow! Check out the craftsman I found behind the dumpster at work! Just needs a little TLC!!

Unread 03-15-2013, 11:32 PM   #6
Saul32
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

wtf?
That is a sweet Crafstman tool cart!!you lucky fcuk!!!!
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #7
FleXJeep37
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Wfm

They ball hard!! They got like 600 lbs of metal sitting there waiting to get scrapped! Metro Racks and all this other junk. I kinna wanted to take it but I couldnt fit anything else with the baby seat and tool cart already! We should go late at night and just take it all!
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:45 PM   #8
FleXJeep37
2001 XJ Cherokee 

As she sits now!

She is so Purdy!!!

Unread 03-16-2013, 12:53 AM   #9
Saul32
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

**** late night. lets pick that **** up in the pickup tomorrow after youre done
Unread 03-16-2013, 05:16 AM   #10
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Nice looking XJ!
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #11
FleXJeep37
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phfister View Post
Nice looking XJ!
Thanks! She still has a long way to go!
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:33 AM   #12
FleXJeep37
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Injector Swap

So I picked up some newer, cleaner injectors from the Pick and Pull a few months back and finally found some time to throw them on. Took about an hour with the help of the forum of course on how to do it. I noticed the difference right away! Better throttle response. Hopefully my misfires and CEL go away for good. The funny thing about the misfires is that it was really random. Sometimes it was one cylinder and sometimes three. When I pulled the old ones out they were full of grease and grime!

Im still gonna be on the hunt for Dodge Neon Injectors from the JY and swap those into my XJ when I get a chance and I'll post my results and try to post pictures as well. I'll probably do my valve cover gasket and paint it red in the process while I have the throttle body and cables out of the way.
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #13
FleXJeep37
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Emissions Test

Took my Jeep to get the emissions testing and passed. I thought it was odd because I keep getting Misfire codes for random cylinder 1 to 3 at a time. I clear it with the DRBII whenever it does that. Spark Plugs??

Anyways I took my grandfathers 97 GC and it failed P0300 P0301 P0302.

They noted catalytic converter failed and 02 sensors. I looked up the codes and they are all Misfire codes. Are they wrong or am I just stoopid!?
Unread 04-02-2013, 07:09 AM   #14
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleXJeep37 View Post
Took my Jeep to get the emissions testing and passed. I thought it was odd because I keep getting Misfire codes for random cylinder 1 to 3 at a time. I clear it with the DRBII whenever it does that. Spark Plugs??

Anyways I took my grandfathers 97 GC and it failed P0300 P0301 P0302.

They noted catalytic converter failed and 02 sensors. I looked up the codes and they are all Misfire codes. Are they wrong or am I just stoopid!?
Does it only do it when the engine is warm? If so, it's the notorious heat soak issue.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #15
FleXJeep37
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Does it only do it when the engine is warm? If so, it's the notorious heat soak issue.
Ah Ha! That must be it. I did notice that the CEL will only come on after a day of running errands. Turning the car on and off must be the case. I remember now reading other threads about the heat soak but completely forgot about it after I fixed the CKP and ruled out all other issues.

Im going to wrap all my injectors and maybe the manifold to reduce temps.

Just another reason to spend time on her. There are so many mods for under hood temps. Where do I start?

Hood Spacer?
E Fan?
Wrap Injectors?
Wrap Manifold?
Hood Vents?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.