Better, And Redder Build Thread. - Page 58 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Better, And Redder Build Thread.

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 02-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #856
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
i not to fond of spacers. and for the price i can just get steelies.

as for tall and skinny. i like a wider tire. makes the jeep look better plus i think in mud it seems to be better even though everyone says a thinner tire is better. to each their own.
The only place I don't like having a narrow tire is in sugar sand because they just dig and you sink. You have to learn how to drive with skinny tires, just the right amount of throttle, too much and you dig and sink and too little you don't go anywhere.

I've gone through mud holes and had my jeep pop out of 4wd and still make it through where people with wider tires couldn't get through with 4wd. If it is hard packed bottom skinny tires will dig down and find the hard packed part. If it isn't hard packed you are screwed.

2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #857
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah plus they are better in snow. But im still gonna go with a 12.5.

I at walmart now getting front tires balanced. Hopefully gets rid if the shake. But omg are they slow at wally

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #858
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
Yeah plus they are better in snow. But im still gonna go with a 12.5.

I at walmart now getting front tires balanced. Hopefully gets rid if the shake. But omg are they slow at wally
LOL what do you expect at walmart.
May 2013 COTM
Unread 02-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #859
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123

LOL what do you expect at walmart.
I know but were only place open.

Pics from weekend.

Pushed the dent out some haha

This is off a quad but it got me wondering... Idk about k&n I know they suck in dust. If it fits maybe ill get a sock for it or something? Crowl intake?!?!?

Red 00 XJ lifted
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Unread 02-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #860
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes

I know but were only place open.

Pics from weekend.

Pushed the dent out some haha

This is off a quad but it got me wondering... Idk about k&n I know they suck in dust. If it fits maybe ill get a sock for it or something? Crowl intake?!?!?
Just my .02 skinny tires dig like there is no tomorrow. I saw a guy make a humvee snorkel home made, it came out of the hood where the k&n is and it looked sick! Besides if you do it then I will haha
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #861
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj View Post
Just my .02 skinny tires dig like there is no tomorrow. I saw a guy make a humvee snorkel home made, it came out of the hood where the k&n is and it looked sick! Besides if you do it then I will haha
Agreed. And I don't want it to be seen. Plus it will suck up water faster easier.

Also ordered the linkage bearings today for my jeep.

Red 00 XJ lifted
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Unread 02-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #862
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

This seems like a good idea. Might see if I can rig something up like this. Does anyone have any other cool write ups? http://www.bsfab.net/?p=26

Red 00 XJ lifted
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Unread 02-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #863
2000BB6
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Go for the cowl intake
Unread 02-29-2012, 12:38 AM   #864
2doorxj
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Cowl intakes suck, i had one, extremely difficult to maintain, and get the fatter tires, Ive had 33x10.50s and 12.50s, overall, in mud, rocks, sand, offroad in general, the 12.50s were better, on the road, i didnt really notice a difference.

2012 Cherokee of the Year
2doorxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-29-2012, 12:41 AM   #865
2doorxj
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123 View Post
The only place I don't like having a narrow tire is in sugar sand because they just dig and you sink. You have to learn how to drive with skinny tires, just the right amount of throttle, too much and you dig and sink and too little you don't go anywhere.

I've gone through mud holes and had my jeep pop out of 4wd and still make it through where people with wider tires couldn't get through with 4wd. If it is hard packed bottom skinny tires will dig down and find the hard packed part. If it isn't hard packed you are screwed.
No offense dude, but theyres too many variables to your situation, mud depth, speed, driving style, driver, etc. I kind of doubt that your jeep made it through mud holes in 2wd that other rigs with wider tires couldnt make through in 4wd, guys who have dedicated mud rigs run the biggest tires they can. Anyway who cares, mud is gay/boring.

Like i said ive owned both, 12.50s outperform hands down.

Unread 02-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #866
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2doorxj View Post
No offense dude, but theyres too many variables to your situation, mud depth, speed, driving style, driver, etc. I kind of doubt that your jeep made it through mud holes in 2wd that other rigs with wider tires couldnt make through in 4wd, guys who have dedicated mud rigs run the biggest tires they can. Anyway who cares, mud is gay/boring.

Like i said ive owned both, 12.50s outperform hands down.
Cool Story Bro. You're right I made it up so that I could seem cooler on the internet . So you just said there are to many variables and then say that 12.50 wide are better no matter what You also forget that dedicated mud trucks also run huge motors with lots of HP so you can't really compare them to the 4.0L. Vehicle weight also has a big part to do with how wide your tires should be, believe it or not there is some science behind but you already know that since you seem to know everything. All I have to say is you should actually go to a mud bog before you open your mouth, there is a reason they run tractor tires.

Oh also I guess the people in Europe who off road have it wrong too since they don't usually go with wide tires.

That being said my next tire purchased will be a little wider but that is just for looks IMO.
May 2013 COTM
Unread 02-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #867
2doorxj
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123 View Post
Cool Story Bro. You're right I made it up so that I could seem cooler on the internet . So you just said there are to many variables and then say that 12.50 wide are better no matter what You also forget that dedicated mud trucks also run huge motors with lots of HP so you can't really compare them to the 4.0L. Vehicle weight also has a big part to do with how wide your tires should be, believe it or not there is some science behind but you already know that since you seem to know everything. All I have to say is you should actually go to a mud bog before you open your mouth, there is a reason they run tractor tires.

Oh also I guess the people in Europe who off road have it wrong too since they don't usually go with wide tires.

That being said my next tire purchased will be a little wider but that is just for looks IMO.
Lol, u mad?

Unread 02-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #868
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2doorxj

Lol, u mad?
Lolwut?
May 2013 COTM
Unread 02-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #869
lilnapsak
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2doorxj View Post
Cowl intakes suck, i had one, extremely difficult to maintain, and get the fatter tires, Ive had 33x10.50s and 12.50s, overall, in mud, rocks, sand, offroad in general, the 12.50s were better, on the road, i didnt really notice a difference.
i beg to differ. my cowl intake has served me very well. it is a bit anoying to sercive the filter, but its worth it with all the gains from the mod

the dust isnt a big concern since its in the cowl IMO. when i did mine i cut up some stockings and put it over the intake. helps keep a bit more dust/dirt off. everytime i clean it i put a new one on also. works just like their pre-filters

i say go for it
lilnapsak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #870
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

this thread makes me want to....
businessman_holding_gun_to_head_mon098143.jpg  

[QUOTE=AustinTJer;9988995]Have you ever seen and or filmed a rainbow? More specifically a double, possibly triple rainbow?[/QUOTE]
Back_In_Black is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.