Better, And Redder Build Thread. - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Better, And Redder Build Thread.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 11-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #286
2doorxj
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1056597

2012 Cherokee of the Year
2doorxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #287
Durt_Diver
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the link. I'm all about the best product, just hadn't heard anything bad except for you. Ill have to look at a different budget option.

currently jeepless
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 06:23 PM   #288
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2doorxj View Post
The only people who like the iro kit, are the ones who wheel at the mall. Nothing wrong with radius arms, but the catser adjuster on the iro long arms is ****ing stupid and insanely weak. I bent mine no problem. If you trust your axle being held in with a 10mm bolt then go ahead. My new setup has grade 8 3/4 bolts on the upper. Take a look on naxja there's a huge thread about them and how bad they suck.

I'm on my phone right now, but once I get home ill post up the pics of the bent caster adjuster.
I guess I wheel at the mall then And it isn't a 10mm bolt, it is more around a 17mm bolt. And I wouldn't call the naxja thread "huge". The caster adjustment didn't even fail on yours, it bent but still held the pinion angle. I guess since I bent my double shear track bar it must also be a piece of crap, it couldn't have had anything to do with how it driving it. Anything will bend with enough force.
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #289
MagicNelson
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back_In_Black View Post
I have to agree with 2door here, IRO sucks, go 3 link.
I see where 2doorxj has beef with IRO. Just curious, when was your bad experience with IRO?
MagicNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 06:49 PM   #290
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicNelson View Post
I see where 2doorxj has beef with IRO. Just curious, when was your bad experience with IRO?
eh. I dont really have one. Ive skimmed across threads where this has been an issue.

in my opinion (which is strictly my opinion...) if your going to go to around 6'' and 33s or 35s why not just "over build" it the first time. I haven't dropped a dime into my 35 or 30, simply because I know that they are not the axles that I want to instill my trust in on the trails. The 30 can put forth a good effort with mollys, truss, and 4.88s.

Im swapping in a 44 and 9'' (the 44 isn't better than the 30 blah blah blah)

but why not build axles that can roll with 5.13s and 37s

as far as suspension, why not do a 3 link in the front THE FIRST TIME? everyone eventually wants a 3 link, why not just do it the first time?

[QUOTE=AustinTJer;9988995]Have you ever seen and or filmed a rainbow? More specifically a double, possibly triple rainbow?[/QUOTE]
Back_In_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #291
Empty_Pockets
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
as far as suspension, why not do a 3 link in the front THE FIRST TIME? everyone eventually wants a 3 link, why not just do it the first time?

Because thats silly
Empty_Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #292
2doorxj
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123 View Post
I guess I wheel at the mall then And it isn't a 10mm bolt, it is more around a 17mm bolt. And I wouldn't call the naxja thread "huge". The caster adjustment didn't even fail on yours, it bent but still held the pinion angle. I guess since I bent my double shear track bar it must also be a piece of crap, it couldn't have had anything to do with how it driving it. Anything will bend with enough force.
17mm hahhahahhaa. The upper control arm bolt is a 10mm. Go outside and measure it.

When something bends that shouldnt bend, like the caster adjuster, it failed. It failed to retain its shape.

Their design is just unsafe, a 10mm bolt isnt strong enough and neither is their gay caster adjuster. The topic has been beat to death.

A 31 page thread isnt huge arguing over one topic?

Read and learn:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=985234

Unread 11-24-2011, 09:34 PM   #293
2doorxj
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
eh. I dont really have one. Ive skimmed across threads where this has been an issue.

in my opinion (which is strictly my opinion...) if your going to go to around 6'' and 33s or 35s why not just "over build" it the first time. I haven't dropped a dime into my 35 or 30, simply because I know that they are not the axles that I want to instill my trust in on the trails. The 30 can put forth a good effort with mollys, truss, and 4.88s.

Good choice on the front 44. Putting serious money into a 30 is just plain dumb. Have you ever scene the pinion gear for a 4.88 gearset for a dana 30? Its insanely small.

Yes a dana 30 and a 44 might have the same size u joints, but once upgraded it really isnt an issue, the puny ring and pinion, thin axle tubes, weak housing, become the issue.

Sorry for the 30 rant, but i had too

Unread 11-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #294
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2doorxj View Post
Good choice on the front 44. Putting serious money into a 30 is just plain dumb. Have you ever scene the pinion gear for a 4.88 gearset for a dana 30? Its insanely small.

Yes a dana 30 and a 44 might have the same size u joints, but once upgraded it really isnt an issue, the puny ring and pinion, thin axle tubes, weak housing, become the issue.

Sorry for the 30 rant, but i had too
im excited for the 44, gonna tnt truss it, and from what the guys on pirate say, the 9'' can be just as strong as a 60.

[QUOTE=AustinTJer;9988995]Have you ever seen and or filmed a rainbow? More specifically a double, possibly triple rainbow?[/QUOTE]
Unread 11-24-2011, 09:44 PM   #295
Durt_Diver
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

why not why not why not........... why not d60s? why not portals? why not 42's, 44's, 54's? a 30/8.25 can handle 33's and 35's just fine, and you can do a heck of alot with that setup. once i go any bigger then that the xj will default to DD duty and i'll get a wrangler to build on tons

currently jeepless
Unread 11-24-2011, 09:49 PM   #296
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durt_Diver View Post
why not why not why not........... why not d60s? why not portals? why not 42's, 44's, 54's? a 30/8.25 can handle 33's and 35's just fine, and you can do a heck of alot with that setup. once i go any bigger then that the xj will default to DD duty and i'll get a wrangler to build on tons
why build a wrangler on tons?

Im simply saying, that if your going to do something to your jeep, do it the way you want the first time, and then some.

you will save $$$, and be much happier with the outcome.

thats is all.

Unread 11-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #297
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back_In_Black

why build a wrangler on tons?

Im simply saying, that if your going to do something to your jeep, do it the way you want the first time, and then some.

you will save $$$, and be much happier with the outcome.

thats is all.
You forgot to put that this is your opinion

This is not always the best, greatest,nor a possible option for most people

IMO

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #298
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
You forgot to put that this is your opinion

This is not always the best, greatest,nor a possible option for most people

IMO
true, if you don't state that, people assume you are telling them how to build their jeep.

that logic is what I use to build MY jeep.

Unread 11-24-2011, 10:01 PM   #299
Durt_Diver
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
true, if you don't state that, people assume you are telling them how to build their jeep.

yup, it always seems you were just pushing your plans on others. but its gotta be how YOU want. and building it once is smart, but not everyone has the means, or knows what they want. you gotta feel it out

sooooooo, WHERE IS MY FREE JEEP SPOKES

currently jeepless
Unread 11-24-2011, 10:04 PM   #300
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back_In_Black

Exactly. I follow that logic to a point as well. Even though i want to be on spider 9's, 4D's boatsided and doved. I still wanna wheel some good ***** before I can afford all that

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.