Better, And Redder Build Thread. - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Better, And Redder Build Thread.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #211
Wearingthin
2001 XJ Cherokee 

The bushwhacker flakes require trimming though don't they?

My Build Thread
Wearingthin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #212
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearingthin View Post
Ok so you do plan on using it. I was gonna say that thats a lot of money just to look good.
yes... ive also been thinking around IRO 6.5" LA. still trying to find more reviews on it. any input?

i would love to run 35s, but i dont wanna trim haha ill prob run 33s than bump up to 35s once i get more $$ lol

so anyone have advice/input on IRO?????? i would run there bilstein shocks, SYE/DS. it would be about 2k for everything, much cheaper than BDS. advice??? i know their leafs are made in India. but everything else is USA...

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:14 PM   #213
Wearingthin
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes

yes... ive also been thinking around IRO 6.5" LA. still trying to find more reviews on it. any input?

i would love to run 35s, but i dont wanna trim haha ill prob run 33s than bump up to 35s once i get more $$ lol

so anyone have advice/input on IRO?????? i would run there bilstein shocks, SYE/DS. it would be about 2k for everything, much cheaper than BDS. advice??? i know their leafs are made in India. but everything else is USA...

At 6.5" and flat flares, I think you'd have enough room for 35's.

Most people seem to like the IRO stuff, except for the couple I've seen that have broken that caster adj. bracket bolt. It doesn't like you'd be doing anything that extreme though.

Most leaf springs are made abroad unless you're paying $600 for deavers

My Build Thread
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #214
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearingthin View Post
At 6.5" and flat flares, I think you'd have enough room for 35's.

Most people seem to like the IRO stuff, except for the couple I've seen that have broken that caster adj. bracket bolt. It doesn't like you'd be doing anything that extreme though.

Most leaf springs are made abroad unless you're paying $600 for deavers
yeah pretty sure BDS and clayton use deavers...

that bracket does look cheap... im sure i could make something better if not beefier.

i was thinking about BW FF and 35s, but than that means more $ haha better axles, brakes, steering... blah blah. idk first i gotta sell the red XJ.

Red 00 XJ lifted
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:29 PM   #215
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

that bracket does look cheap... im sure i could make something better if not beefier.

i was thinking about BW FF and 35s, but than that means more $ haha better axles, brakes, steering... blah blah. idk first i gotta sell the red XJ.
I keep hearing a few people say the adjuster is weak but have only seen one picture of it kinda damaged but not to where it affected it from doing its job. I have the iro long arms and was able to bend the double shear track bar and yet nothing was damaged on the long arms.
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #216
Wearingthin
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

True, 33's are cheaper in a lot of ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123

I keep hearing a few people say the adjuster is weak but have only seen one picture of it kinda damaged but not to where it affected it from doing its job. I have the iro long arms and was able to bend the double shear track bar and yet nothing was damaged on the long arms.

I think 2doorxj broke his

My Build Thread
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #217
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearingthin

True, 33's are cheaper in a lot of ways

I think 2doorxj broke his
He didn't break it. It was bent, there was no failure in its ability to keep the pinion angle adjusted.
May 2013 COTM
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #218
Wearingthin
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123

He didn't break it. It was bent, there was no failure in its ability to keep the pinion angle adjusted.

Whatever happened, I'm pretty sure he wasn't pleased with it.

Lots of other people have had good luck

My Build Thread
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #219
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

So can we all agree IRO is good stuff? Anyone know about te ride/flex?

Red 00 XJ lifted
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #220
GtiKyle
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Try searching. Lots of topics on those lifts.
Unread 11-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #221
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biztyke View Post
no offense, but you seem to be way too picky. you bought the cheapest full leaf 4.5" lift kit out there and expect an awesome ride? i installed this very kit on my 90 before i sold it and i had no complaints. for the money, you get a lot. yeah, the ride was a little rough but it wasn't that bad. the biggest problem? the shocks, it comes with the cheap *** white body twin tubes.......they suck. but you should know that going in. any short arm 4.5" kit is gonna be rough up front, it is simple physics.....just look at the angle of the control arms. and most 4.5" leaf packs will suck with stock shackles because the shackle angle is terrible. your last jeep had a 3" lift, no? 4.5" is a lot different than 3".

my dad installed the 4.5" RC long arm kit and even though it has the same leafs and coils, its rides much nicer. why? long arms up front and the perf 2.2 shocks. basically, you get what you pay for.

on my 01 i robbed the x-series coils off my 90, and i run them with long arms. the rear are 3.5"(4" in reality) RE leafs on stock shackles. it has RE monotube shocks(good shocks). the ride is much better, but i doubt the RE leafs are much better/different than the RC leafs. i have a shackle relocation kit waiting to go in and hopefully the ride will improve even more.

i understand your motive to get the low mile xj, and that's all good. but by a number of other posts i read you would have sold this one anyways. you need to be more patient and realize you aren't gonna get a perfect 4"+ lift for a mere $800.

again, no offense.....just trying to offer some advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post

Gti I am...

Red 00 XJ lifted
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Unread 11-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #222
biztyke
2001 XJ Cherokee 

you specifically looking for my advice? i can't give any personal opinion on IRO stuff as i have never run any of it, but for the most part i hear nothing but good stuff and they are bound to be a good step up from RC.

my point from before is to lift it right, not so much what brand to use. at 6.5" long arms are a must(IMO), and make sure you have a decent shackle angle. from looking at that kit i'd say it looks pretty good. make sure you upgrade to the blistiens if you after ride quality.
biztyke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2011, 09:13 PM   #223
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biztyke View Post
you specifically looking for my advice? i can't give any personal opinion on IRO stuff as i have never run any of it, but for the most part i hear nothing but good stuff and they are bound to be a good step up from RC.

my point from before is to lift it right, not so much what brand to use. at 6.5" long arms are a must(IMO), and make sure you have a decent shackle angle. from looking at that kit i'd say it looks pretty good. make sure you upgrade to the blistiens if you after ride quality.
im asking anyones advice lol just dont want someone telling me to use search when i already have lol

i prob will run blistiens, i want it to ride nice since i will be on average putitn around 400 miles on it per week. i drive A LOT. as for IRO im gonna email them tomorrow and ask some questions.

Red 00 XJ lifted
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:32 PM   #224
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
So can we all agree IRO is good stuff? Anyone know about te ride/flex?
I run the IRO long arms and IRO 6" coils and love the ride. They are really soft coils. I'll just put it to you this way, when people in my club, who drive XJs, ride in mine they all say that it is the smoothest xj they have ever been in.
May 2013 COTM
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:35 PM   #225
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Hey you should search. JK man!

As for lift, seeing how you put so many miles on it something that rides great is your best bet. I would give Dirk at DPG Offroad a call. He is a great guy to deal with and very knowledgeable. He builds hybrid OME lift kits in a variety of sizes. You can check it out on the DPG website.

Obviously his stuff won't be cheap, but you have to pay for quality. Since my jeep is a commuter vehicle also, I didn't want some hacked up lift that rode terrible and was going to fall apart after a year. I'm very glad I went with OME instead of paying more in the end to redo my suspension after I hated the ride.

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.