Better, And Redder Build Thread. - Page 12 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #166 of 2292 Old 11-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Back_In_Black
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,517
pull it off!

Back_In_Black is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #167 of 2292 Old 11-14-2011, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Spokes
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Plainfield
Posts: 6,333
Idk I like the trim on the xj.


Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline  
post #168 of 2292 Old 11-14-2011, 09:29 AM
jeepkid03
Winning
 
jeepkid03's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Storrs
Posts: 6,193
You should do one of two things:

1. sell current jeep, buy '99 with 14k miles. Do mild/clean build. Make everyone jealous of your 14k mile Jeep. WIN.

2. keep current jeep. Take off chinese RC **** and either sell it or throw it through Rough Country's window, do mild build with OME stuff. Enjoy amazing riding clean XJ. WIN.
jeepkid03 is offline  
post #169 of 2292 Old 11-14-2011, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Spokes
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Plainfield
Posts: 6,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkid03 View Post
You should do one of two things:

1. sell current jeep, buy '99 with 14k miles. Do mild/clean build. Make everyone jealous of your 14k mile Jeep. WIN.

2. keep current jeep. Take off chinese RC **** and either sell it or throw it through Rough Country's window, do mild build with OME stuff. Enjoy amazing riding clean XJ. WIN.
Haha agreed! I wanna get the black one so bad, might go look at it tonight!


As for RC, I gonna give them a call tomorrow. I'll let ya know how that goes...


Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline  
post #170 of 2292 Old 11-14-2011, 12:00 PM
jeepkid03
Winning
 
jeepkid03's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Storrs
Posts: 6,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
Haha agreed! I wanna get the black one so bad, might go look at it tonight!


As for RC, I gonna give them a call tomorrow. I'll let ya know how that goes...

Yeah I'd definitely do that. I'd be pissed, especially since you have bought stuff from them before, and the quality of their stuff was supposedly getting better.
jeepkid03 is offline  
post #171 of 2292 Old 11-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Back_In_Black
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,517
just buy the old one back, and well pretend this all never happened.
Back_In_Black is offline  
post #172 of 2292 Old 11-14-2011, 08:14 PM
MCObray
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Orygun
Posts: 1,558
You and aircruiser are meant to be .

1994 Dodge Ram 2500. 12V Cummins Turbo Diesel.
MCObray is offline  
post #173 of 2292 Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Spokes
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Plainfield
Posts: 6,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkid03 View Post
Yeah I'd definitely do that. I'd be pissed, especially since you have bought stuff from them before, and the quality of their stuff was supposedly getting better.
yeah that DEF isnt the case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back_In_Black View Post
just buy the old one back, and well pretend this all never happened.
nah thats to easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCObray View Post
You and aircruiser are meant to be .
maybe... i am driving a '97 ZJ until i get another XJ haha


the ZJ is def different, its my moms old 97 i been riding in it since i was like 10 lol its weird driving it... 214k on it tho and runs and drive great!


Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline  
post #174 of 2292 Old 11-15-2011, 12:44 AM
biztyke
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maple Ridge, BC
Posts: 234
no offense, but you seem to be way too picky. you bought the cheapest full leaf 4.5" lift kit out there and expect an awesome ride? i installed this very kit on my 90 before i sold it and i had no complaints. for the money, you get a lot. yeah, the ride was a little rough but it wasn't that bad. the biggest problem? the shocks, it comes with the cheap *** white body twin tubes.......they suck. but you should know that going in. any short arm 4.5" kit is gonna be rough up front, it is simple physics.....just look at the angle of the control arms. and most 4.5" leaf packs will suck with stock shackles because the shackle angle is terrible. your last jeep had a 3" lift, no? 4.5" is a lot different than 3".

my dad installed the 4.5" RC long arm kit and even though it has the same leafs and coils, its rides much nicer. why? long arms up front and the perf 2.2 shocks. basically, you get what you pay for.

on my 01 i robbed the x-series coils off my 90, and i run them with long arms. the rear are 3.5"(4" in reality) RE leafs on stock shackles. it has RE monotube shocks(good shocks). the ride is much better, but i doubt the RE leafs are much better/different than the RC leafs. i have a shackle relocation kit waiting to go in and hopefully the ride will improve even more.

i understand your motive to get the low mile xj, and that's all good. but by a number of other posts i read you would have sold this one anyways. you need to be more patient and realize you aren't gonna get a perfect 4"+ lift for a mere $800.

again, no offense.....just trying to offer some advice.
biztyke is offline  
post #175 of 2292 Old 11-15-2011, 12:49 AM
Back_In_Black
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,517
i may have to push the "unsubscribe" button soon.
Back_In_Black is offline  
post #176 of 2292 Old 11-15-2011, 07:22 AM
GtiKyle
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tacoma
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back_In_Black View Post
i may have to push the "unsubscribe" button soon.
GtiKyle "likes" your status.

1998 Cherokee, 6.5" LA, D30/C8.25 4.56 locked F/R, 35" MTR's, other goodies ...
Build thread : http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...t-1-a-1272741/
GtiKyle is offline  
post #177 of 2292 Old 11-15-2011, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Spokes
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Plainfield
Posts: 6,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by biztyke View Post
no offense, but you seem to be way too picky. you bought the cheapest full leaf 4.5" lift kit out there and expect an awesome ride? i installed this very kit on my 90 before i sold it and i had no complaints. for the money, you get a lot. yeah, the ride was a little rough but it wasn't that bad. the biggest problem? the shocks, it comes with the cheap *** white body twin tubes.......they suck. but you should know that going in. any short arm 4.5" kit is gonna be rough up front, it is simple physics.....just look at the angle of the control arms. and most 4.5" leaf packs will suck with stock shackles because the shackle angle is terrible. your last jeep had a 3" lift, no? 4.5" is a lot different than 3".

my dad installed the 4.5" RC long arm kit and even though it has the same leafs and coils, its rides much nicer. why? long arms up front and the perf 2.2 shocks. basically, you get what you pay for.

on my 01 i robbed the x-series coils off my 90, and i run them with long arms. the rear are 3.5"(4" in reality) RE leafs on stock shackles. it has RE monotube shocks(good shocks). the ride is much better, but i doubt the RE leafs are much better/different than the RC leafs. i have a shackle relocation kit waiting to go in and hopefully the ride will improve even more.

i understand your motive to get the low mile xj, and that's all good. but by a number of other posts i read you would have sold this one anyways. you need to be more patient and realize you aren't gonna get a perfect 4"+ lift for a mere $800.

again, no offense.....just trying to offer some advice.

I understand your point, but I have the n2.0 lift, which is the better kit with the better shocks. I'm going to look at the low mileage xj tonight.


Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline  
post #178 of 2292 Old 11-15-2011, 10:48 AM
krabby124
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: binghamton, ny
Posts: 215
get some pictures of it
krabby124 is offline  
post #179 of 2292 Old 11-15-2011, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Spokes
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Plainfield
Posts: 6,333
Will do


Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline  
post #180 of 2292 Old 11-15-2011, 11:41 AM
jeepkid03
Winning
 
jeepkid03's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Storrs
Posts: 6,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
I understand your point, but I have the n2.0 lift, which is the better kit with the better shocks. I'm going to look at the low mileage xj tonight.
At least ROUGH country is living up to its name I guess. That sucks though, especially when you spend hundreds of dollars on a lift, when it doesn't cost the company THAT much to make the parts/buy them from china.
jeepkid03 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
#3 Build thread 92 XJ Miller_TimeII XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 7 02-06-2012 07:55 PM
My build thread. My attempt on a SAFE build on a budget. xyimmyx XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 46 06-09-2011 01:50 PM
CEN-CAL-XJS New Build Thread. CEN-CAL-XJS XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 8 01-17-2009 04:59 PM
My XJ build thread... oh and HI AFhockey31 XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 36 11-26-2008 06:00 AM
an 88 build thread camjeep3 XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 2 06-08-2008 08:00 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome