Best waterproof for seats? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Best waterproof for seats?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSave 15% in XT's Pre-Black Friday Event!

Unread 06-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
marvinjeep305

Best waterproof for seats?

Live in S.Florida, so it's raining 19 times a day during summer months... Just bought some seat covers. What's best way to rain proof them? Rest of jeep is rhino lined.

marvinjeep305 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

What material are they made of?

Anyway, I'm a bit intrigued by Rustoleum's new product, NeverWet which SEEMS to be downright fantastic no matter what. I'm not sure if it has a scent when dry or how long an application lasts (or if it really works as well as the demos make it seem), but if it's the real deal...
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
marvinjeep305

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772
What material are they made of?

Anyway, I'm a bit intrigued by Rustoleum's new product, NeverWet which SEEMS to be downright fantastic no matter what. I'm not sure if it has a scent when dry or how long an application lasts (or if it really works as well as the demos make it seem), but if it's the real deal...
Awesome, ill check it out. The seats are primarily canvas. Also, should the seams be treated desperately?
Unread 06-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
marvinjeep305

And after doing some research, many reviews specify the Neverwet leaving "a frost color or bluish hue" to anything g black.... Not good for my Black and Tan rig....
Unread 07-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
boujo
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I sprayed neverwet on my driver seat bottom. It does dry with a haze, almost a matte finish. The problem is that after 3 weeks of me sitting on it it has lost its ability to repel water. It works great when it was first on, but it does dry hazey and it is rough. It made my butt feel like it was rubbing off as I drove and now after last nights rainstorms I have proof that it was. The very back of the seat that my butt does not reach still repels water great, but do not use it on your seats. It will make them look dull, it will make your butt feel bad and after a few weeks it will no longer work.

It is great stuff in the right use, your Jeep seats are not it.
boujo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Good to know. Thanks.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #7
dave564
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Just Rhino Line the seats. The benefits would be water proof, last a LONG time, and you would not need seat belts since you would be basically Velcro'd to the truck...
dave564 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #8
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Get neoprene seat covers if you want it to be completely waterproof. Other than that it'll always get wet either over time or as soon as it rains.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.