Best place to get a Cherokee Factory Service Manual - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Best place to get a Cherokee Factory Service Manual

Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High ClearanIntroducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 08-15-2007, 07:57 AM   #1
76CJ5
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Best place to get a Cherokee Factory Service Manual

Hey all what's the best place to order a 93 Cherokee Factory Service Manual?

Helm inc?

76CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 08:05 AM   #2
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76CJ5
Hey all what's the best place to order a 93 Cherokee Factory Service Manual?

Helm inc?
I got mine on eBay (well used for $25.00 or so).
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 08:56 AM   #3
ChewyXJ
nom nom nom

I bought mine from the dealer. Definitely not the cheapest place. I think I paid around $60. It's paid for itself several times over.
'87 XJ 2" lift
'96 XJ stock

"Personally, I've learned so much from my mistakes, I'm thinking of making some more."

"Don't believe everything you think..."
ChewyXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 09:48 AM   #4
76CJ5
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecompco
I got mine on eBay (well used for $25.00 or so).

No 93's on ebay right now.
76CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 10:10 AM   #5
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76CJ5
No 93's on ebay right now.
Ya', you have to keep watch, if you want exactly the correct year. Also, rumor has it that there are some .pdf versions of the FSM for a couple different years kicking around the Internet that might get you by until you can purchase the correct one. Any year from '91 to '96 should be fine for most things.
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
Unread 08-15-2007, 11:06 AM   #6
stoneattic
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Ya', you have to keep watch, if you want exactly the correct year. Also, rumor has it that there are some .pdf versions of the FSM for a couple different years kicking around the Internet that might get you by until you can purchase the correct one. Any year from '91 to '96 should be fine for most things.
There are at least these years for the XJ floating around the Internet:

There ZJ, TJ and WJ FSM floating about as well.

Also, there are parts catalogs floating around that are handy too. They have nice exploded views of various components, part numbers, etc.
stoneattic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 11:20 AM   #7
UKJeepThang
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Try and find one for a 1999 RHD XJ for me!!

Bet you can't!
RE 4.5 inch superflex lift, RE GEN2 disconnects, 15x8 Crager 352's, 33x12.5x15 BFG MT, ARB Lockers Front and Rear, 4.56 Diffs, Cut & Tap Short Shaft Conversion, CV Rear Prop, B&M Transmission Cooler and Gauge, Bushwackers Cut-Outs, Skid Row Armor, AJ's SuperRails, LeBaron Hood Vents, KargoMaster Rack, Safari Snorkel, KC Daylighters, Midland CB, Brantz Navigation
Loads a mud!!
UKJeepThang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #8
stoneattic
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKJeepThang
Try and find one for a 1999 RHD XJ for me!!

Bet you can't!
Wanna bet?

The RHD are covered in the standard FSMs. I don't think they address other export aspects though, like different tail lights for example.
stoneattic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #9
NC_XJ+YJ
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneattic
There are at least these years for the XJ floating around the Internet:

There ZJ, TJ and WJ FSM floating about as well.

Also, there are parts catalogs floating around that are handy too. They have nice exploded views of various components, part numbers, etc.
Haven't been able to find the 1993 XJ FSM via google... Do you happen to have a link to that source (for the 1993)? I already have the parts catalogs.
Thanks.
Unread 08-15-2007, 01:22 PM   #10
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_YJ
Haven't been able to find the 1993 XJ FSM via google... Do you happen to have a link to that source (for the 1993)? I already have the parts catalogs.
Thanks.
Well, since FSMs are copyrighted material, it is not appropriate to post even a link to one. Someone may take pity and PM you one, if you are lucky.

In the mean time, here is a place you can purchase the manual on CD for around $25.00
http://www.manualsunlimited.com/adva...=jeep+cherokee

Last edited by mecompco; 08-15-2007 at 01:35 PM..
Unread 08-15-2007, 03:57 PM   #11
NC_XJ+YJ
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Well, since FSMs are copyrighted material, it is not appropriate to post even a link to one. Someone may take pity and PM you one, if you are lucky.

In the mean time, here is a place you can purchase the manual on CD for around $25.00
http://www.manualsunlimited.com/adva...=jeep+cherokee
Almost forgot about the copyright issue. I'll check manualsunlimited. $25 isn't too bad. Thanks for the info!
Unread 08-15-2007, 04:05 PM   #12
banderso
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Check your PMs.
banderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #13
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by banderso
Check your PMs.
Unread 09-04-2014, 05:51 AM   #14
mikez8z
1983 CJ7 

This is a really old post but I am looking for an electronic FSM. I have heard that GreatLakesXJ and GreatLakes4x4 have them but those sites seem to not be up and running and I couldnt find the links to the downloads. Any help would be appreciated. I am looking for as the topic says 1993 XJ FSM. Thanks...
mikez8z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2014, 07:47 AM   #15
RLE
1998 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.pacificcoastmanuals.com/j...e_manuals.html
RLE is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.